Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 25

4 posters

Go down

Feb 25 Empty Feb 25

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:45 am

1 Corinthians 12:26-27
26 If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.
27 All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.

1 John 3:16
16 We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters.

A church family moves you out of self-centered isolation. The local church is the classroom for learning how to get along in God's family. It is a lab for practicing unselfish love.

As a participating member you learn to care about others and share the experiences of others: "If one part of the body suffers, all the other parts suffer with it. Or if one part of our body is honored, all the other parts share its honor." (1 Corinthians 12:26 NCV)

Only in regular contact with ordinary, imperfect believers can we learn real fellowship and experience the New Testament truth of being connected and dependent on each other.

Biblical fellowship is being as committed to each other as we are to Jesus Christ. God expects us to give our lives for each other. Many Christians who know John 3:16 are unaware of 1 John 3:16: "Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." (NIV)

This is the kind of sacrificial love God expects you to show other believers - a willingness to love them in the way Jesus loves you.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Feb 25 Empty Re: Feb 25

Post  jaake kwon Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Sorry guys. Not feeling so well today, can't focus all that well,

but basically,
I think all there is to take from this devo is to learn that we live in a community and should learn to serve others.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Monday mornings......It was a slow day for me....

Everyone is loved by God, that is why everyone is saved and is able to go up with him and spend eternal life with him. As all of us are one, we should look after one another and continue helping our brothers and sisters. We all move as one and support one another.

"If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad."

It reminds me of the body part example that we had for one of our retreats....the jar with the hand in it. What good is a hand when not attached to a body?

That's all....
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:10 am

I really liked this. reminded me how lucky i am to have to lean on when times arwe tough. Truly greatful for Milal and to be part of the family. If someone in the ministry suffers in some way lets say a accident, we all feel and we pray fro them. If someone in the ministry wins the lottery we feel joy for them.
"If one part of the body suffers, all the other parts suffer with it. Or if one part of our body is honored, all the other parts share its honor." (1 Corinthians 12:26 NCV)
i feel like this is really important and how in a family we should be a whole but just different entities in a whole.
Jesus laid down his life for us. He suffered through soo much for us. How unselfish is that. With this we should try our best to be as unselfish as we possible can. Throw away our pride, and whatever else we got and we should try our best to lay our lives down for others. It may be uncomfortable but life isnt supposed to be easy.

gnite pplz
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:02 am

The church is a place that molds us to be who we are today.
Without a doubt, we would all be completely different, if we weren't raised into a community such as our church.
Seeing as how the church is the reason for positively impacting us in whatever way, I think it's up to us to take that community and bring it elsewhere where it is needed.
we "ought to lay down our lives for others" because Jesus had done so for us.
Church shouldn't be the only place for growth, but it definitely is agreat place to have started from.
Others aren't as fortunate to have been given the opportunity as us, they haven't had the chance to be brought to church
So perhaps we should bring church to them
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down