Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

feb 22

2 posters

Go down

feb 22 Empty feb 22

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:54 am

1 Timothy 3:15
15 so that if I am delayed, you will know how people must conduct themselves in the household of God. This is the church of the living God, which is the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Genesis 2:18
18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

Romans 12:5
5 so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.

You are called to belong, not just believe.

Even in the perfect, sinless environment of Eden, God said, "It is not good for man to be alone." (Genesis 2:18 NIV)

We are created for community, fashioned for fellowship, and formed for a family, and none of us can fulfill God's purposes by ourselves. The Bible knows nothing of solitary saints or spiritual hermits.

While your relationship to Christ is personal, God never intends it to be private. In God's family you are connected to every other believer. The Bible says, "In Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others." (Romans 12:5 NIV)

Following Christ includes belonging, not just believing. C. S. Lewis noted that the word "membership' is of Christian origin, but the world has emptied it of its original meaning. Stores offer discounts to "members,' and advertisers use "member names' to create mailing lists. In churches, membership is often reduced to simply adding your name to a roll, with no requirements or expectations.

To Paul, being a "member' of the church meant being a vital organ of a living body, an indispensable, interconnected part of the Body of Christ. We need to recover and practice the biblical meaning of membership. The church is a body, not a building; an organism, not an organization. (Romans 12:4-5)

There is nothing else on earth like the church!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

feb 22 Empty Re: feb 22

Post  jaake kwon Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 am

I think that this one just kinda focus' on how we live in a community.

We have to realize that when we serve God, we aren't serving him as a piece by piece formation. We aren't each giving x amount of loyalty, and individually have it accumulate. When we work for God, we have to think about it as us working together instead of the same side.

Ultimately, I don't have much to say about this
but; don't try to carry the whole thing alone.
It's impossible.

God gave us others for a good reason, and he told us to work together.
Might as well follow his orders instead of trying to impress him by showing him that we can do it without his approval.

That'd just make us synonymous with Cain, from the story of Cain and Abel.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum