Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 20

3 posters

Go down

Feb 20 Empty Feb 20

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:53 am

Luke 22:39
39 Then, accompanied by the disciples, Jesus left the upstairs room and went as usual to the Mount of Olives.

The location where you have your quiet time is also important. The Bible indicates that Abraham had a regular place where he met with God. Today's verse tells us that Jesus had a custom of praying in the garden of Gethsemane on the Mount of Olives.

Your place ought to be a secluded place. This is a place where you can be alone, where it's quiet, and where you will not be disturbed or interrupted. In today's noisy world, this may take some ingenuity, but it is necessary. It ought to be a place - where you can pray aloud without disturbing others; where you have good lighting for reading; where you are comfortable.

Your place ought to be a special place. Wherever you decide to meet with the Lord, make it a special place for you and him. As the days go by, that place will come to mean a lot to you because of the wonderful times you have there with Jesus Christ.

Your place ought to be a sacred place. This is where you meet with the living God. Where you meet the Lord can be just as holy as the place where Abraham met God. You don't have to be in a church building. I know people have had their quiet times in their cars parked in a quiet place, in an empty closet at home, in their backyards, and even in a baseball dugout. Each of these places has become sacred to them.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Feb 20 Empty Re: Feb 20

Post  jaake kwon Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 pm

I really don't know how to go about this one, but I think all that there is really to say for this is;

when picking a place to do devos, make sure to choose a place that's appropriate, and make sure to make memories with it (be consistent and hardworking.)
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:04 am

Where and how you spend your time with God is so important. Talk to him somewhere that you are able to give your full attention to him. Someplace where there are no distractions around you. Where you can put your full attention to him and only him.

I never really understood that purpose of fasting but think fasting is another way to connect with God. Putting things aside is pretty much what I mean.....

When we don't have God in our lives, its interesting how quickly we fall becoming so weak.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: