Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 19

4 posters

Go down

Feb 19 Empty Feb 19

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:53 am

Mark 1:35
35 Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray.

The specific time has to do with when you should have your quiet time and how long it should be. The general rule is this: The best time is when you are at your best! Give God the best part of your day, when you are the freshest and most alert. Don't try to serve God with your leftover time. Remember, too, that your best time may be different from someone else's.

For most of us, however, early in the morning seems to be the best time. It was Jesus' own practice to rise early to pray and meet with the Father.

In the Bible many godly men and women rose early to meet with God. Some of these were: Abraham, Moses, Job, Hannah, Jacob, and David.

Whatever time you set, be consistent in it. Schedule it on your calendar; make an appointment with God as you would with anyone else. Make a date with Jesus!

Then look forward to it and don't stand him up. A stood-up date is not a pleasant experience for us, and Jesus does not like to be stood up either. So make a date with him and keep it at all costs.

If you've never had a consistent quiet time before, you may want to start with seven minutes and let it grow naturally. You should aim to eventually spend at least 15 minutes a day with the Lord.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Feb 19 Empty Re: Feb 19

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 am

When we stay consistent, our growth with God becomes more stable.
But for everyone, it is not easy to keep up with their commitment. Pushing things back and making it a burden is not how God wants us to spend time with us.

We tend to end up seeking God only when we want something from him and we're troubled. How many times have we actually praised God and spent time with him during good times in our lives. Usually during the good times, most people feel they have what they want and forget the fact that they still need God in those times.

Set a time so that you can continually grow, learn, and praise God each and every day.
There are 24 hours in a day, the least we can give to God is like 15 minutes....

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:47 am

Very Happy
Ohman. I'm really jumping the gun on this one.
I only read the first line, but whatever, I'll just do as I go along. Recently, I posted a devo with a youtube linked video named "Coffee with God". I find this really relevant. I think the whole idea was revolving around removing ourselves from the world, and just chilling with God. I think as Christians, because we look up to him as a leader and a parental figure, we have a harder time just kicking it back with him, and just chilling.

It's really important to distinguish between God and a friend, that's true. We have to see him as a leader at all times.

But then again, that doesn't mean we can't just chill and talk with him for no reason whatsoever.
Leaders and Friends don't fall under the same spectrum, where you'd have to choose one or the other.

So hang out with God. Very Happy
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Mark 1:35
35 Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray.

what i got from this verse was that we should be consistenly be in contact with God. we should be daily talking to him, thanking him, and just chilling. doesnt matter what time it is because everyone is different but we should ALWAYS have a specific time for
all i got
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum