Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 15

4 posters

Go down

Feb 15 Empty Feb 15

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 am

1 John 3:18
18 Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.

Do you really love someone? Let's see how you act toward that person.

Love is more than attraction and more than arousal. It's also more than sentimentality, like so many of today's songs suggest. By this standard, is love dead when the emotion is gone? No, not at all. Because love is an action; love is a behavior.

Over and over again, in the Bible, God commands us to love each other. And you can't command an emotion. If I told you "Be sad!" right now, you couldn't be sad on cue. Just like an actor, you can fake it, but you're not wired for your emotions to change on command.

If love were just an emotion, then God couldn't command it. But love is something you do. It can produce emotion, but love is an action.

The Bible says, "Let us stop just saying we love each other; let us really show it by our actions." (1 John 3:18 NLT) We can talk a good act: "I love people." But do we really love them? Our love is revealed in how we act toward them.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Feb 15 Empty Re: Feb 15

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 am

just got my internet back =)

Pretty easy to understand this.
Love can be expressed with our actions and our emotions. If we love someone we do anything for that person to make him/her happier

1 John 3:18
18 Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.
we should start following up with our words and show that if we say we love someone, than our actions should contribute to that

all ig ot
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:17 am

Came back today from a long skiing trip! I can barely walk up the stairs right now....

Love your bothers and sisters, neighbors, enemies.....
One of the things that God asks us to do is to love one another and not just fake it but to really love each other. It may be easy sometimes to love the ones arround you but there's always going to be that one person that youre having some trouble giving that same amount of love towards them.
Everyone finds that hard.

It's always good to pass with compliments and tiny good things like that. But when you are complimenting someone, do you actually mean it? You can sometimes tell when someone is just saying something nice to you but not actually meaning these nice words that come out of their mouth. Of course its good to always continue to do little nice things like that. But what God really wants is for you to have that true and login relationship with the ones around you and God.

Kinda get what I'm saying?
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:29 am

lol. i actually passed out trying to do yesterday's devo.
i need to do them earlier.

WELL guys. I think really something that underlines the main focus here was that if we're forcing it, chances are; it's not love.
Just for reference purposes, there's actually a really funny line that you guys probably heard; "Love is like farts. If you had to force it, chances are; it's poop."
So really, we have to realize that love isn't something that's really tangeable and controllable. It's something that's really spontaneous, and in a case where we actually do love someone, we have to show it with actions rather than empty promises.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: