Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 13

2 posters

Go down

Feb 13 Empty Feb 13

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:28 am

1 John 4:19
19 We love each other because he loved us first.

We were created in God's image to do two things on earth: Learn to love God and learn to love other people; life is all about love.

But love all started with God. He loved us first and that gives us the ability to love others. (1 John 4:19) The only reason you can love God or love anybody else is because God first loved you. And he showed that love by sending Jesus Christ to earth to die for you. He showed that love by creating you. He showed that love by everything you have in life; it's all a gift of God's love.

In order to love others and to become great lovers, we first need to understand and feel how much God loves us. We don't want to just talk about love, read about love, or discuss about love; our need is to experience the love of God.

We need to reach a day when we finally, fully understand how God loves us completely and unconditionally. We need to become secure in the truth that we cannot make God stop loving us.

Once we're secure inside God's unconditional love, we'll start cutting people a lot of slack. We won't be as angry as we've been. We'll be more patient. We'll be more forgiving. We'll be more merciful. We'll give others grace.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Feb 13 Empty Re: Feb 13

Post  jaake kwon Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:27 am

Honestly I really don't know what to say about this one.

I think this is one of those few devos we just read and let it sink into our minds.
But really, all that comes to mind for me, is "monkey see monkey do." and basically, it's only by God's example that we're able to be like this.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:50 am

NO LOL. I ACCIDENTALLY HIGHLIGHTED EVERYTHING AND CLICKED BACKSPACE.

The MAIN sum of my devo was.
WE love because it was shown to us by none other than our main man, JC.
So we should feel obligated to demonstrate that same love to others, in hopes that THEY will demonstrate that same love, because it was shown to them by us. Then we'd literally be spreading God's love to one another.
We are ABLE to love because God loved us, we should do something about it because we are (hopefully) Willing and able.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: