Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

feb 7

4 posters

Go down

feb 7 Empty feb 7

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:15 am

Colossians 3:22
22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything you do. Try to please them all the time, not just when they are watching you. Serve them sincerely because of your reverent fear of the Lord.

Matthew 5:41
41 If a soldier demands that you carry his gear for a mile, carry it two miles.

If you want your work to be blessed by God, you need to exceed what is expected of you. No matter what you do, whether you're a truck driver, an attorney, a cook or a teacher, do more than the minimum. Don't just get by.

God wants you to go beyond the normal and surpass what is required of you. Our verse today tells us to exceed the expectations of your boss, exceed the expectations of your customers. That is the kind of work God blesses.

We live in a culture of mediocrity. How many times do we complain about shoddy workmanship or poor service or inferior quality? Americans used to take pride in their craft, but today it has become about just getting by. So many people just put in their time, do the minimum that's required of them and cut corners, getting by on as little effort as possible.

That's the bad news. The good news is that this makes it very easy to stand out at work. Any time you take pride in your work and decide to do more than expected, you'll rise to the top.

Another reason we should exceed in our work is because we represent Jesus Christ. And Jesus said, "If someone demands that you go one mile, go with him two miles." (Matthew 5:41) Exceed what's expected of you and watch God bless it.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

feb 7 Empty Re: feb 7

Post  jaake kwon Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:20 am

Funny coinkadoink. I just referenced this verse yesterday. Hah. Funny. Hurhurhur. Ok it's not. On to the topic subject.

I think this devo applies to a particularly large majority of Christians in general. If anyone should come to the thought that it doesn't, there's always a bigger scale on which you can apply the moral. Really the subject matter really revolves around how much we really aspire to be a real Christian. As a follower of Christ, essentially our goal is to serve God. Not really rocket science. Along the way, as the Bible was made and few things went on, we started to see Christianity as a set of rules and a list of rituals to follow as a routine.

Keypoint of Christianity is that it's a religion that's based on the relationship between Jesus and ourselves.
So no matter how well we follow these rules and whatnot, it's going to be based on how much effort we put into the relationship, and seeing the circumstances, shouldn't really be impossible.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:53 am

Guys, let me tell you, supplementary essays for university applications are just about the most tedious, grueling tasks you will ever go through. Maybe I'm exaggerating. Maybe I'm not.

ANYWAYDOE,

This devo focuses on the idea that we have to do more than is expected of us (I'm sure you all understood that much), but it's also about doing good deeds when you think others aren't around.
I think that really shows who's doing what they do just for the sake of doing it and who's doing what they do to impress others or to be rewarded.
It's not the easiest to always put your best foot forward but if you're not being your best when others aren't watching, who are you doing good for?
Not God, but for them and for yourself.
This is one of the things I've been trying very hard to fix about myself. I guess it's only natural to want some kind of praise for the good you've done but no one else's praise should matter except that of God's.

Remember, God is always watching!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:39 am

Sorry I didn't post this last night, I read over this devo many times but I was having trouble putting my unclear thoughts into words......

I think everyone has trouble doing something without expecting anything back. It always has to be balenced out, that's how this world works. Well God doesn't want that. He wants us to always continue to serve and go further than what is expected. He wants us to always show generousity and forgiveness.
It's not the easiest thing to do all the time. But we are here to serve others and prepare ourselves for god. You will build that relationship by showing your good heart to others as well.

That is all!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down