Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 5

+2
jaake kwon
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Feb 5 Empty Feb 5

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:15 am

Romans 5:3-4
3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.
4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.

You're not taking your job to heaven. You're not taking some gold watch or achievement award to heaven. You're taking YOU, so you want to build character because God is more interested in what you become rather than what you do.

Look again at today's verse because some people have a misunderstanding about temptation. They think that, once they become a Christian, they should be beyond temptation.

It's important to realize you will never outgrow temptation. In fact, the closer you are to God, the more you become an enemy of Satan, and the more he will try to tempt you. The good news is that God gives you greater strength to resist it.

When you are tempted at work - to be unkind, to get angry, to be prideful or greedy - remember that every temptation is not only an opportunity to do good but, it's also an opportunity to grow in character.

For example, when you encounter an annoying co-worker, the temptation may be for you to get upset with that person. But the Bible says to bless those who curse you and pray for those who offend you. So instead of getting mad, use it as an opportunity to praise God.

First, Satan will get annoyed that you're praising God. The more you praise God, the less Satan will use that as a temptation in your life.

Second, you'll find yourself naturally growing in godly character as you apply God's Word to your life.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Feb 5 Empty Re: Feb 5

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:16 pm

This passage really focused on personal growth and development and i liked how it outlines that Christians aren't less inclined to give into temptation.
It clearly states that once we've grown closer to God, Satan will try that much harder to pull us apart.
But just acknowledging that wasn't enough. Warren illustrates exactly why Satan will have less influence in our lives if we do not give into temptation. If we overcome a certain temptation, Satan will feel as if the temptation is no longer effective, in which we are victorious. Once we overcome our temptations, we'll only grow spiritually and in terms of maturity. I would assume that Satan would then find different temptations to poke us with, but continuously overcoming those new temptations, we'll find ourselves constantly growing with and for Christ.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 pm

Sorry can't really think of anything for today's devo. I'll get back to it when I see a couple of the other guys' posts.
Until then, catch you later.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 am

Hey, this was the passage I used for my New York application! Hahaha

Romans 5:3-4
3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.
4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.

It's difficult to remember, during challenging times, that God only puts us through what he knows we can get through.
It's hard to constantly be pushing yourself to perfection and it's even harder when an omnipresent being is pushing you to it as well.
Endurance is all about patience and will power and these will be the forces that drive you towards God, because as it says in today's passage, endurance develops strength of character which, in turn, strengthens our hope in salvation.

What doesn't kill you, really does make you stronger. Even if, at times, it doesn't feel like it.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 am

What defines a person?
there belongings, what they own, there social status? or is it there personality, there kindness, knowledge.
different people have different opinions on this. But we should know that whatever we have physically on earth wont matter once we die. We may grow in wealth, power, socially and what not but that wont matter once you die. While on the other hand your personality, your heart, your knowledge will come with you. So rather than building yourself with objects and things we shold build ourselves as a person.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:14 am

As Christians it is inevitable that we will fight against Satan.
But also, if we do truly love God more than our temptations, it will override any other factors.
The fruits of the spirit are there to guide you through that, as long as we grow with the right root.
It all starts from the beginning, it's never to late to start a foundation to fight against it.
Kinda like, restocking on ammo, knowing what to expect.
That being said, our sanctification is also to shape us, prepare our hearts for heaven.
At times, for me, I feel as if earth is only to glorify God.
But I also have to allow myself to be changed through God's amazing grace.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:30 am

The topic of this passage was on our devoloment and growth in faith.
Following god is not always easy. There will be obstacles that you will need to face and overcome.
Like in anything, as we go further the challenges get harder and harder. For example in school. We advance to a harder level of learning each year and prepare ourselves for the next.
God doesn't want us to suffer, but he wants us to be strong in our faith in order to keep moving on.
No pain, no gain.
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down