Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 4

5 posters

Go down

Feb 4 Empty Feb 4

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:14 am

OK ITS BEEN A ROUGH EXAM WEEK
BUT HOPEFULLY WE'LL BE BACK ON TRACK WITH DEVOS.

Colossians 3:23-24
23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

24 Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:31
31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Your boss is not really your boss; your boss is Jesus.

There are two things I want you to see in our verses today.

First, it says, "Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." (Colossians 3:23 NLT) It's easier to be enthusiastic about your job when you turn the focus of your work from "I'm doing this for my boss" or "I'm doing this for a paycheck" to "I'm doing this for the Lord," With that in mind you can do anything - scrape paint, wash dishes, repair a car - and turn it into worship.

Second, when you turn your work into worship, you start storing up credits in heaven. Colossians 3:24 says, "Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and the Master you are serving is Christ." (Colossians 3:24 NLT) As you work for God, you are making eternal deposits in heaven.

"So whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV) It doesn't matter if you're rearranging papers or signing bills, any job can become an act of worship if you do it enthusiastically for God.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Feb 4 Empty Re: Feb 4

Post  jaake kwon Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 am

I don't know how to really feel about this one, because honestly the idea has to sit around for awhile; the idea of really indirectly serving/affecting God with every action we do. Honestly, I think something key that we really have to take from this devotion is that we have to realize the whole universe is really something that God watches over everyday. And as we're living on something that He essentially OWNS, we have to learn that everything we give this planet, we give to God.

When we struggle and work for someone, we offer up our work to God through them, ultimately fulfilling his plan. Clearly there's some situations where there's confusion such as doing invirtuous things for others, but I think that's the basic gist of it.

Now that exams are done, I think there's really no valid excuse to ever be missing devotionals. So I'll be trying to compensate for the days I missed, seeing as exams weren't really even a decent excuse especially for Grade 9. :/
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:20 am

It's hard not to complain and whine about the things we have to do, as we live our lives.
School, work, relationships, and for us, even church.
We have a lot to balance.

And obviously you'll get sick of it all, every once in a while but try to remember that everything we do is in God's name.

Not my strongest point, and definitely something I have to work on.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:48 am

Its really great if you are working for something rather than just working. If you know that you can go out after you do your homework you are willing to finish your homework asap. While on the oher hand if your doing your homework and you have nothing else to do after it you dont really wanna do it. We should do this except, we should always have God in it. We should be doing this or that FOR God. Help others FOR God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God
even if we gotta do something we really dont want to do, dont matter do it for God.
Why do we follow orders of our boss, parents, teachers etc...?
It is becuase we respect them and we do what they say because we were asked too. the situation would be different if your friend asked you instead of your teacher. But what im trying to say is that we all respect God so we should follow his orders and do everything for him
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:16 pm

God motivates us in whatever we do. So in whatever we do, do it for God.
Stress for me usually comes from school.
Eventhough im only in first year of high school, i still have that pressure with me all the time.
Especially when exams come, we tend to only focus on studying and stuff.
But when times are at its worst or best, we should always remember that God is here.
It's hard to keep up with a busy life, but it can be fun as well. Always do things cheerfully and enthusiastically for god.

This verse came in to mind:
"I can do all things in christ which strengthens me"

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content