Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan 25

5 posters

Go down

Jan 25 Empty Jan 25

Post  Kevin Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:24 am

1 Corinthians 6:12-20
12You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything.
13You say, “Food was made for the stomach, and the stomach for food.” (This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them.) But you can’t say that our bodies were made for sexual immorality. They were made for the Lord, and the Lord cares about our bodies.
14And God will raise us from the dead by his power, just as he raised our Lord from the dead.
15Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ? Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never!
16And don’t you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? For the Scriptures say, “The two are united into one.”
17But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.
18Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
19Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,
20for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

Your physical health is an important part of making your life count. Today and tomorrow I want to look at the right motivation for getting healthy - what God's says about the importance of your body in 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 (HCSB).

God expects me to manage my body - ""Everything is permissible for me,' but not everything is helpful. "Everything is permissible for me,' but I will not be brought under the control of anything." (v12) Your body is a gift from God. He loans it to you and it's your responsibility to manage it well. What are you doing with what He's given you?

My body is God's property -- "The body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord ." (v13) Our culture teaches us that we can do whatever we want with our bodies. But God created our bodies, so we don't have a right to share them with anybody we want.

My body will be resurrected after I die -- "God raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power." (v14) God never wastes anything. One day he's going to resurrect a new version of your body.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Jan 25 Empty Re: Jan 25

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:14 pm

yooo yoooo what what 2 exams done 1 more to go =)
i took the longest nap today =)

anyways
12You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,”
I must not become a slave to anything.

God has given all of us choices to make. He could have easily made it so that in the world there was only good things. But this isnt the case so we have all these sins around us we can commit. God says that we can do anything but we need to know whats good and whats wwrong. i remember doing a devo about whats good and whats wrong. We know that on earth we can do whatever we want as well but ther are consequences to everything. For example if you kill someone you will get punished. Pretty obvious. But say you abuse your own body, you wont get punished by the governement but you will get punished by God because he has made each and one of us with his image. So whatever were doing to our body, were pretty much doing it to God as well. so its not good
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:39 pm

12 You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything.

God gave us the ability to choose. He gave it to us so we could be free to choose him. He wanted us to understand that we weren't being forced to live a live for him, but that it was what we were meant to do.
He lent us our bodies to live for him and do his work while we're still living on this earth.
I remember someone once said to me, that if they are lent something, they give it back in the best condition they possibly can.
Keeping that in mind, think twice before you do something to someone else, and also before you do something to yourself because not everything is good for you and your body is not yours.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:34 am

19Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,
20for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

These verses spoke out to me because whatever we do to our bodies, we do it without a care in the world. When we get hurt physically, we're hurting Gods temple. If its careless mistakes, we are disrespecting Gods kingdom and what it stands for. Even though there is a chance of slight affects on our bodies, we should be careful so that Gods kingodm isnt affected.
God gave us this blessing of a perfect temple for us to control and be a part of, so we should honour our body and how ti stands... for God.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 am

God made your body for a purpose. Do not use it carelessly.
This devo had a bit of a confusing and complicated topic behind it.
You have the freedom to make your own choices. But make the right choices that God will be happy with and you will be happy with.
Use yourself the way God wants you to.
Use all the abilities that god has given you to honor him and use them for the right purpose.

Finished my science exam today.....Yaaay!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:32 am

Been super busy with exams! Sorry all

12You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything.

Not everything is in our best interest, whether it be financially, interpersonal relationships wise, and ethical actions.
One thing to always consider in our actions is, how does this affect our relationships with God.
When it comes to pleasure, greed, anger, it's so easy to push God off to the side.
Becoming a slave. First things that comes to my mind is being a prisoner, being bound down by sin.
We however are given the option to be slaves to sin, or to set ourselves free by the grace of God.
Maybe that's exactly what makes our Christian walk difficult. The fact that we have a choice
But I think it also makes it that much more meaningful.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: