Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan 21

5 posters

Go down

Jan 21 Empty Jan 21

Post  Kevin Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:22 am

Proverbs 3:9-10
9Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.
10Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine.

Malachi 3:10
10Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

The purpose of tithing is to teach us to always put God first in our lives. God doesn't need our money. He wants what it represents: our gratitude, our priorities and our faith.

Now look at these verses in Proverbs 3. Do you see where it says, "Honor the Lord by giving him the leftovers of all your income'. Now, you can see, that's NOT what it says at all.

It says, "Honor the Lord with your possessions and with the first produce of your entire harvest ". We give to God first, before anyone else, right off the top of our income.

And here is the promise, "Then your barns will be completely filled, and your vats will overflow with new wine". You and I are called to give back to God in gratitude, but also as a demonstration of our priorities. And, it is a demonstration of our faith in his promises.

In Malachi 3:10, God says, "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse ". That means the place where you worship. Then God says, "Put me to the test!" In a sense, "Test me and see how I will bless you for your obedience'.

God says he will provide all that you need. He doesn't say he'll provide all that we greed, but all that we need.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Jan 21 Empty Re: Jan 21

Post  Kevin Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 am

Pretty similar to the devo at jan 17

God says he will provide all that you need. He doesn't say he'll provide all that we greed, but all that we need.

This line was one of the few stood out to me haha. Because much of the material was similar to the one before
Our God is a fair God, and I think it's clear to make the point that, we all need a different amount of different things.
It may seem like someone has more than us, and we may view it as unfair, but perhaps it's justice in God's views.
Perhaps the person who sits beside us at school has more, but needs it for factors we don't know about and wouldn't understand.
A really simple example I could think of off the top of my head is, the dude at school has nice clothes, so you know his family's well off. But maybe he has a family member who recently got diagnosed with a disease and requires extensive medical care, and because of that, is just getting by financially.
God is fair, and we must put our faith into him, recognizing that.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 am

Reminds me of the sermon about loving God, not his creations.
It truly is easier said than done, with the fact that we can't really have God to ourselves, physically.
"Honor the Lord with your possessions and with the first produce of your entire harvest"
Instead, we are called to love God with the use of the creations, showing us that we truly desire Him and Him alone.
A great way to put Him to test before we go to New York.
To get us spiritually prepared for what is to come, fasting and dedication to God will ready our hearts.

Exam week noo :O
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:22 am

I've heard this verse a lot this week.....
God has provided us all with different blessings.
Some are blessed with health, wisdom, money, etc.
With all these gifts that he has given you, use those to help you honor God. any kind of gift tht you have will somehow help expand his kingdom.

do not focus on your blessings more than you focus on God. Some misuse their gifts for selfish purposes.
when you start to help others with your blessings, you will be blessed with even more.

It's almost exams!!!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:42 am

9Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.
10Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine.

honor GOd on earth with all we have. wealth, knowledge, power, etc... and in heaven we will be fill over the brim. It is all about seeing the bigger picture. on earth we see money, jobs, activities and etc... and we think that they are important whicih they are to us but we shouldnt prioritize this instead of God. We should sacrifice our earth belongings for the better of the future which is heaven. God is a giving God and he is happy to give us everything. BUT there is a difference between wanting and needing.
all i got gnite and hope u guys are pumped for your exams =)
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:05 am

Often times, we get the two mixed up. Things we want and things we need.
We don't need too many things and here we are, saying "we need this and that".
God provides us with the things we truly need as long as we give him our trust.
I think that if you're hoping for something to come along, it's good to think that maybe you don't really need it and so God isn't giving that thing to you.

Hope you guys are studying hard for exams
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: