Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dec 26

5 posters

Go down

Dec 26 Empty Dec 26

Post  Kevin Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:06 am

Genesis 1:26-28
26 Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”
27 So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
28 Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.”

Genesis 1:31
31 Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good! And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day.

You're walking down the street, minding your own business, when you hear a voice. "Psst!" the voice says. You stop and turn. A thin man in dark glasses leans against the side of a building. "Hey, Slick," the man says, casting furtive glances left and right. "You wanna make the smartest deal of your life?" You start to turn and walk away, when the man hustles around in front of you and, after a quick glance up and down the sidewalk, opens one side of his coat. There, pinned to the inside of the fabric, is a row of... baseball cards. "I got a 1953 Walt Zambrisky card for thirteen cents," the man says. You shake your head and try to walk around the baseball card hawker. "OK, OK," he says, as he backpedals up the sidewalk ahead of you. "I can tell you're a smart customer." He opens the coat again and points to a card. "A Bruno Gunderschmutz rookie card, mint condition, seventy-five cents." He wags his eyebrows as if they were battery operated. You make a move to pass him again, but he holds up both hands. "OK, OK," he says. "You must want the good stuff." He steals a glance over your shoulder. "My last offer. Mickey Mantle. Rookie card. One thousand smackaroonies." A thousand dollars? For a baseball card? Actually, yes. Some cards have sold for more than that. Sports cards have become a valuable commodity, an investment. But what makes a Mickey Mantle rookie card worth a thousand dollars and a Bruno Gunderschmutz rookie card worth only seventy-five cents? After all, they're both made of nothing but cardboard and ink. What's the difference? Just one thing: the image on the card. A Mickey Mantle card bears the image of a New York Yankees slugger who broke Babe Ruth's record for World Series home runs and was later elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. It's not what the card is made of that makes it valuable; it's the image that appears on the card. It's sort of the same way with human life. Human life is valuable because of the image every person bears. No matter how tall or how old he or she is, no matter what color his or her skin or hair, no matter what language he or she speaks, every human being is unbelievably valuable because he or she is created in God's image. That's true of you. It's true of your friends and family. And it's true of people you've never met, and even people you don't really like. Their lives are precious because they're made in God's image.

REFLECT: Do you act like you believe your life is unbelievably precious? If so, in what ways? If not, why not? Do you act like you believe the lives of others are unbelievably precious? If so, in what ways? If not, why not?

PRAY: "God, I thank you that all human life is in your image and is valuable to you."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Dec 26 Empty Re: Dec 26

Post  jaake kwon Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 pm

I think it really meant something when God said to make Humans in HIS OWN IMAGE.

To see something be created in the similarity of anything that's close to something we hold close to ourselves puts a lot on the line for it. When you hear from your parents, "You look just like us" it becomes a really dramatic moment and you guys share a moment together because, you know, it's just really easy for us to commune with people who can relate to us.

Maybe God making us in His own image had something to do with how He would be the foundation of our community, bringing us together in the alikeness of ourselves to Him. I like to think that's why we look like how we do sometimes. So that He can bring us together Himself.

ON ANOTHER NOTE; I'M BACK AND SORT OF READY FOR THE RETREAT. LET'S DO THIS. DAYUMDAYUMDAYUM.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:35 am

just came back from blue mountain o-o
im tired idk how im gonna be tomarrow
26 Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”
this verse stood out to me but the thing that stood out most was “Let us make human beings in our image" this means that God made us to be like him but the fact is that we are all different and we dont know what God is looks like. God made each and was of us differentlly but each image can relate to God in some way. There is no such thing as ugly, stupid, retarded, because every human reflects a image of God.

excited for tomarrow =)!!
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 am

oh, dunno why, but i somehow thought that devos were cancelled or something, ridiculous i know

It can be easy to take human life for granted. As of late, more movies and video games depicting violence may make it even easier to forget that human life is invaluable. I think it's important to always be reminded that we were created in God's image, and if we are meant to be even the slightest bit like God, we are of great significance. God put us here on Earth to not only worship him, but to live a full life and when we consider our, or anybody else's lives to be less than its worth, we are going against God's will. So always think highly of each other and remember the importance of each individual.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:12 am

Everyones life is precious... We all have differente gifts that God has given us and its our choice to use them for Gods glory or not. If we arent using them for good, it may seem precious in other peoples eyes, but in Gods eyes... we are not precious. Even if you think its precious, its not because if God doesnt think so, it means it isnt. We all should care and know that everyones life is precious... if we didnt, and someone died... we'd be like oh who cares.. and no one is like that. Everyone is precious! and we should accept them and show them that we think they are precious Very Happy
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum