Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dec 3

+4
Pa Ta Rick
DunNo
jaake kwon
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Dec 3 Empty Dec 3

Post  Kevin Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 am

1 Kings 22:6
6 So the king of Israel summoned the prophets, about 400 of them, and asked them, “Should I go to war against Ramoth-gilead, or should I hold back?”They all replied, “Yes, go right ahead! The Lord will give the king victory.”

1 Kings 22:13
13 Meanwhile, the messenger who went to get Micaiah said to him, “Look, all the prophets are promising victory for the king. Be sure that you agree with them and promise success.”

1 Kings 22:15-16
15 When Micaiah arrived before the king, Ahab asked him, “Micaiah, should we go to war against Ramoth-gilead, or should we hold back?”Micaiah replied sarcastically, “Yes, go up and be victorious, for the LORD will give the king victory!”
16 But the king replied sharply, “How many times must I demand that you speak only the truth to me when you speak for the LORD?”

Witnesses in a courtroom are told to lift their right hands and promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Have you ever wondered why they don't just promise to tell the truth and leave it at that? Well, it's because some people may tell the truth-but not the whole truth. Others may tell the truth but add a lie to it. See if the following examples help you understand why truth must be pure and complete in order to be truth: The Whole Truth: Philo T. Farnsworth invented the technology that made television possible. In the 1700s, politicians like George Washington often wore powdered wigs. Charles Lindbergh was the first person to fly alone across the Atlantic Ocean. Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. I left my unfinished homework at home. Less Than the Truth: Philo T. Farnsworth invented television. George Washington wore a wig. Charles Lindbergh was the first person to fly across the Atlantic Ocean. Jesus was a great teacher. I left my homework at home. More Than the Truth: Philo T. Farnsworth invented television, radio, CD players, microwaves, and laser guns. George Washington wore a wig and other sissy clothes. Charles Lindbergh flew across the Atlantic to bring back Limburger cheese. Jesus, Muhammad, and Michael Jordan are all God. My dog ate my homework before I could finish it. See the difference? Telling the truth (but not the whole truth) can be deceiving. And, of course, adding a lie to the truth is no better. That's why the courts-and God, as a matter of fact-want us to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. God wants us to be completely truthful in what we say and do because he is completely true in everything he says and does. He says, "I, the Lord, speak only what is true and right" (Isaiah 45:19).

REFLECT: Which do you want your friends, family, teachers, and others to tell you: a. the truth? b. the whole truth? c. nothing but the truth? d. all of the above? Which do you think your friends or parents would choose? Why?

PRAY: "Lord, I want to be truthful in all I say. Help me not to add or subtract anything that will make what I say something other than the truth."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Dec 3 Empty Re: Dec 3

Post  jaake kwon Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm

it was really awesome to see the king of israel speak up for God when Micaiah told him to wage war against Ramoth.

it shows us how to act in front of the King, and everytime a person speaks of him. we should always be our own supervisors, because only God would know when we're about to fall into temptation. small insults or accusations like "why didn't you help me on the test?" or whatnot. we should really be mindful of how we speak about God, because every time we do so, it's as if we are the prodigal son, except that we keep on making that mistake again and again and again.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:56 am

Throughout the bible, God is referred to as a just God a lot of the time. That means that we are always in his "court of law". The thing that characterizes his court is that he knows whether we are telling the truth or not. There are certain things that are literally between you and God. No one will ever know about some things if you do it except you and God. Sometimes it's good; God told us that our relationship between him is private and individual, no need to show it off to others. Conversely, there are things that could be hidden from our family, friends, but never God. Times like those is when we are being tested. If it doesn't stand right with God, then why do it? If it's just between you and God, there aren't even other people to disagree God's standards and expectations. Especially when God's expectations are the only ones around, those are the ones we should be following. So always remember that God knows even the littlest things you do and that we should always be living to please God.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 am

So using the courtroom example, if God is the judge, than he will always knowwhen someone is telling the truth or is lying or only saying half the truth and etc...

We should always try to be truthful but it is very hard. because it is soo easy to just take the easy way out and lie. Its even easier to add a little lie to the truth to make the truth sound better. lying is only beneficial to us.

didnt get much outta this
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:10 pm

It's Hard sometimes to tell the truth but it's easy to lie.
Down the road, trouble will come to people who lie.
Lying is like a way to avoid something and make the punishment worse.
Sometimes we lie because we want to hide imformation. Like when your in a fight with someone, you complain later of all the stuff they did to you not the other side of what you did.
Telling half the Truth also isn't good.
but god knows everything about you. Why bother hiding something you can't?

that's all I have....
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:07 am

it is really easy to lie just to get the easier way out of a problem whether its big or small. God will always be able to tell what is right and wrong, and what is the truth and what is the lie. lying doesnt really help at all. you get the punishment for doing so everytime whether you realize it or not. there really isnt a point to lying because God knows everything and you are just further disappointing him by putting up a fake act to others while he sees the true side.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:35 am

Hmm, it's true that telling the whole truth at all times is great but that's awfully difficult, especially if the whole truth can hurt someone you means a lot to you.
But God wants us to tell the truth no matter what it might mean for others (try to be nice, of course) but don't shield them from pain because they're probably going to get hurt by not knowing anyway.

That is all.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Dishonesty is probably one of the worst things to have in ANY given relationship
Whether that is with your boyfriends/girlfriends/friends etc.
But I like how it pointed out, is it the WHOLE truth, or some truth to an extent that there are some lies,
But some true nonetheless.
Twisting our words and stories is something we might do to avoid confrontation or keep ourselves safe.
Being true to ourselves, with one another, ESPECIALLY in the praise team, and most importantly God is something that we should always hold closely to our hearts.

Sorry I haven't posted since Sunday
I had a math test and for some absurd reason, my internet has been not functioning properly at certain times (which happened to be the times i sat down to do my devos)
Anywho.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 am

If the truth is God.. id love to know everything about the truth adn all the aspects to it.
if it does hurt me to find out the truth... i dont care as long as im staying true with God and he is staying true with me... if it is anything to do with God that will bring me closer to him... i will want to know the truth nothing but the truth and everything about the truth. If not, id feel empty and dead insdie without God and have a decrease in faith because i wont know the truth about God and have more knowdlege on him,
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum