Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19 :) 19 19 19

4 posters

Go down

19 :) 19 19 19 Empty 19 :) 19 19 19

Post  JacobPk Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:24 pm

Sodom and Gomorrah are Destroyed.
Imagine God turning Super Saiyan and blasting a Kamehamaha right at Sodom, pretty sick.

Anyway, this chapter pretty much revolves around Corruption and how quickly the world can fall without even knowing it. The angels stay with Lot and the young and old want to have sex with them? QUEER..... Ther'es alot of bad stuff going on, instead of refusing, Lot offers an exchange for his daughters. What kind of Pops is that, but considering that woman did nto have value upon them, i guess it owuld make sense?
Mark Cahill, in one of hsi books, he talks about talking to Charles Barkley's younger brother about eternity. His younger brtoer heart attacked and saw hell. When Mark asked the youunger brother if he wanted to go to heaven, and the younger brother obviously said... yes? NO, he said "NO" reason? because " I love the pleasures of this world(sin) more than the pleasures of God." ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
This is one of the examples in terms of corruption, Lot experienced this, and he even hesitated about leaving his place in Sodom because of his riches. There is a point in our lives where we will fall from God, but liike how God saved Lot even through his depth in sin, we can always be pulled out. No matter how many times we let go of God's hand he remains clutching ours. Just thinking about that now, comforts me ehehe.

Anyway i hope you guys ahve a good week
PA DAY FRIDAY!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

19 :) 19 19 19 Empty Re: 19 :) 19 19 19

Post  Michael Ha Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:28 am

This is one messed up chapter...
I guess I learned how faithful daughters can be to their fathers Wink lol that was so bad
Anyways.. on a serious note..
I learned something from when Lot's wife looked back and she was turned into a pillar of salt..
First.. I learned whatever advice the Lord gives you, FOLLOW IT
Secondly.. I learned that there is no reason to look back at something that is in the past and is being destroyed and forgotten
Thirdly.. I learned that you only look back at something you either want to see again, or regret leaving behind. So perhaps Lot's wife looking back was not accidental, but purposeful because she could not accept the fact that she would never see that place again and had to look back
Finally.. I learned that this is one twisted Chapter in the bible.. lol jks
G'night guys! Have a good week
and PA day on Friday.. i don't get PA days, just half days... my school sucks
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:47 am

Ok so mike, i dont know if you remember but a long time ago you asked why he offered his daughters to the angry people outside. I told you there was a reason and there has to be context. Now we see why he did it, to protect the people inside. And remember how today i said how people were messed up back then? yea they would have sex with anything with legs.

I was asking Sam some questions about this chapter because its pretty weird. About the whole daughter sex thing, apparently its "border line ok" back then. Denise remember our talk in the car? its about 12 percent of retarded children popping out. Im going to check those numbers again though.

So after talking with Sam, and doing some research we see that she "looked back" but according to Sam, the hebrew meaning could also be gaze meaning that she didnt just look but stared. Also it says that she was behind the group and was "lagging" behind. This could mean her body was out of the city but her "heart" was still in the city. She might not have been a total good person. She might have liked the city and the sins that came with it. Also there's some cool historic info about the city. Apparently they know where it is and there are a lot of salt deposits.

So theres some insight. I could be wrong but i hope that gives some of you a clearer eye towards this chapter. I know this confused me a lot so i did some research.
Have a good week buds!
E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:01 am

Isaac wrote:Ok so mike, i dont know if you remember but a long time ago you asked why he offered his daughters to the angry people outside. I told you there was a reason and there has to be context. Now we see why he did it, to protect the people inside. And remember how today i said how people were messed up back then? yea they would have sex with anything with legs.

I was asking Sam some questions about this chapter because its pretty weird. About the whole daughter sex thing, apparently its "border line ok" back then. Denise remember our talk in the car? its about 12 percent of retarded children popping out. Im going to check those numbers again though.
E-Sak OUT!
WEll, in comparison God's servants (Angels) are definitely higher on the priority list than Lot's daughters, so Lot did do the right thing. He showed to God that he is willing to sacrifice even his flesh and blood for the sake of His Holiness.

Ya, the % of retarded children popping is pretty low, however, there's a lot of bad genes within your body that is unexpressed due to the fact that they're recessive genes. However, as you keep incesting, the probability of the recessive gene appearing becomes greater, so if you have allergies to something and it's a recessive trait and is currently being covered up by a dominant trait, it is very likely that your incest child will have allergies to that something rather than immunity. If you learn about Mendel's Punnet Square business you will see why it's that way... Anways ya... So you won't have a retarded kid (or you might there's still a chance) but s/he will definitely be more prone to being "weak".
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:30 pm

Genesis 19

As everyone else mentioned, this was certainly a chapter dripping with man's sinful natures...Some more astonishing than others...But I guess we have to consider the context of those times. Anyways, this chapter truly reminded me that our God is a God who is impeccable with His word. Never does He utter a word or a promise that He doesn't mean or intend to keep and it's an awesome thing. But it also means that as believers, we need to recognize this and ensure that we keep that in mind when the free will He's gifted us with comes into play. All our readings so far have clearly shown that God obviously always knows what's best for us, even when we're hard-pressed to see it in the present, and so when God calls you to carry out His will a certain way that differs from your own ideas, will we obey and answer His calling? It almost makes no sense not to, when we've seen how when God promises us something, we can trust that He will carry through without a shadow of a doubt.

(The examples I refer to are when He does turn Lot's wife into a pillar of salt after she'd turned around despite His angels' commands not to, and when He holds to his promise to Abraham to bring Lot out of the turmoil and death of Sodom and Gomorrah.)
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: