Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nov 26

+5
Sarah Oh
jaake kwon
Christine Kim
James
Kevin
9 posters

Go down

nov 26 Empty nov 26

Post  Kevin Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:20 am

John 17:12-23
12 During my time here, I protected them by the power of the name you gave me. I guarded them so that not one was lost, except the one headed for destruction, as the Scriptures foretold.
13 “Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy.
14 I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.
15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.
16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do.
17 Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.
18 Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world.
19 And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.
20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message.
21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
22 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one.
23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.

Democrat or Republican? Liberal or Conservative? Pro-life or Pro-choice? Israeli or Palestinian? Muslim, Croat, or Serb? Rich or poor? Coke or Pepsi? Chevy or Ford? There are thousands of categories or choices that divide people. Some are incredibly important. Some are more polarizing than others. Some are just plain silly. (Just don't tell a Chevy truck owner that I said so.) Many people are just plain sick and tired of all the division and disagreement and disunity that exists in the world. "Why can't we all just get along?" they cry. There ought to be some place where people aren't divided. There ought to be some way for people of different backgrounds, classes, customs, and temperaments to come together and get along. There is. It's called the church. God's will for the church is that it be the one place-the one body, actually-where people aren't divided along lines of race, nationality, gender, class, or denominational lines. He wants you and me and all Christians everywhere to be one with each other, just as the Father is one with the Son, and the Son is one with the Spirit, and the Spirit is one with the Father. Although the three members of the Godhead are different in some ways, they are one in nature, in purpose, in purity, in holiness. Jesus, the Son, expressed his desire for unity among his followers. He said to God, the Father: "My prayer for all of them is that they will be one, just as you and I are one, Father-that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me" (John 17:21). The more you and I reflect God's standard of unity, the more people will believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Our unity with each other-particularly because it's so rare in this sinful world-can be a testimony to the power of God.

REFLECT: Why do you think unity among Christians will make non-Christians more likely to believe the gospel? When was the last time you spent time with a Christian of another race, culture, or denomination? How can you do so more often?

ACT: Watch this week for the number "1" (on signs, advertisements, etc.), and use its appearance to remind you of the importance and benefit of unity.

PRAY: "Thank you, God, that you are one with your Son, Jesus, and that Jesus is one with your Holy Spirit."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

nov 26 Empty Re: nov 26

Post  James Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:41 pm

This really got to me, nobody IS more deserving of life than another, regardless of their sins/reputation.
Leading by example is truly the greatest way to express Christ.
Just like how Dan shared that Jesus truly did chill with the weak and the invisibles, we should be no different.
We should be able to hang out with anyone, no matter what conditions.
Being the "face" of the congregation, we are always watched. Not just at church either.
Leading by example is showing others how things should be done, especially for the younger grades in our ministry.
Didn't we learn/follow the past generation when we were in grade 7? Razz
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:21 am

the unity of Christians is made when there is a mutual love for each other and for God which makes up the cross. but there are definitely people in our ministry that arent as strong believers as some or just feel like an invisible at church like they do not belong. God has made it our mission as Christians to convert people into Christianity and to show the love of Christ to others. like what James had mentioned, we are that face as the ministry and always watched. we are role models for people that are either older or younger in our ministry. us being the face of the ministry and setting an example, it would make others follow our example and become more united with one another. also, Jakes devotion on saturday just hit me about being a Jesus to others. be more like God and the unity of our church will grow strong.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:03 am

It's really cool that this reading mentions how the church is like how the trinity is really united. It gets me excited to really think that as a community, we're becoming more like God.

Well, I think that this verse really stresses the importance of working further, together as a group with a variety of people performing different roles that really completes our group of"12disciples", just witha bigger number Wink
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:34 am

I didn't get much, but to live in peace with everyone. No matter how different and strange another might be, they are still God's child.

Sorry this devo is so short :$

G'night!
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:40 am

Like james, this was the verse that struck me most
We are not more privilleged than any other person to be here. We are all equally as sinful as everyone else.
And this relates to the point the devo made that the church divides no body
It doesn't discriminate and thats exactly what jesus envisioned from all the churches
Remember! We are all the same in terms of equality and we're all meant to do God's will
Once we're able to see that, nothing will ever seperate us from our fellow brothers and sisters in christ
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

sorry that i'm posting this now......

Christians do not have separate groups, god wants us to move as one big church.
He wants everyone to be united.
It's also important that we show that same love and compassion god showed us to other people. Have that good relationship with others and spread the word of god. Treat others with all your heart.
That reminds me of what pastor Kay I think said in one of the sermons, have that same relationship with both god and others arround you.
People that you usually don't talk to or avoid, treat them with that same respect that you show to god and others.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 am

sorry that i missed last night, had an assignment due today... stayed uptill 4:30 doing it LOL

So this devo highlights the importance of unity, as the last few devos did. It's important to understand that in groups however small or however big, there will always be differences between the members of it. Getting past all those little arguments and squabbles is what brings unity into the group. We need to remember that our goal is the same. Keeping that idea in mind, we should be working around problems instead of letting them bring us down.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:30 am

Like James and Kevin, the above verse stood out to me most.
But in a slightly different way.

It reminds me that we need to stop taking hierarchy and power so seriously because in the end, all that matters really, is God and what HE thinks of us.
Remember that worldly possessions won't be ours forever, when you're feeling more powerful and influential than others because while you may be thinking that you're a better Christian and the probability of you getting to heaven in comparison to them may be higher, and so you might look down on them, keep in mind that "they do not belong to this world anymore than you do."
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:21 am

AFter reading the reflection and verse 16
we shouldnt judge other christians even if there race or whatever is different. just like we learned last week everyone is equal and only God judges.

srry this is short soo much work this week =(
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum