Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nov 22

+6
Esther
Sarah Oh
DunNo
Christine Kim
jaake kwon
Kevin
10 posters

Go down

nov 22 Empty nov 22

Post  Kevin Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:36 am

Mark 10:1-9
1 Then Jesus left Capernaum and went down to the region of Judea and into the area east of the Jordan River. Once again crowds gathered around him, and as usual he was teaching them.
2 Some Pharisees came and tried to trap him with this question: “Should a man be allowed to divorce his wife?”
3 Jesus answered them with a question: “What did Moses say in the law about divorce?”
4 “Well, he permitted it,” they replied. “He said a man can give his wife a written notice of divorce and send her away.”
5 But Jesus responded,“He wrote this commandment only as a concession to your hard hearts.
6 But ‘God made them male and female’ from the beginning of creation.
7 ‘This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife,
8 and the two are united into one.’ Since they are no longer two but one,
9 let no one split apart what God has joined together.”

Matthew 19:6
6 Since they are no longer two but one, let no one split apart what God has joined together.”

God patiently explained his plan to the archangel Michael. "I will cause the man to fall into a deep sleep," he said, "and then I will take a rib from his side and make a companion for him ... a woman." "Uh-huh." Michael blinked as if he'd just been told a joke that he didn't get. "Don't you see, Michael?" God said. "The woman and the man will be husband and wife. They will become one." Michael's mouth slowly dropped open. "Oh," he said, drawing the word out into a long expression of realization. "You will make them one," the angel repeated. "A unity. The man. The woman." God smiled and nodded. "A unity. A reflection of my nature." "So," Michael said breathlessly, "although they are two, they will be one. Just as you are three in one." His eyes sparkled with exhilaration. "You will allow them to experience unity, just as you are one! What a brilliant plan! A generous plan!" God nodded again, and excitement shone in his eyes, too. That conversation probably never took place. It is certainly not recorded in God's Word. It's just a fanciful representation of what might have taken place in the first days of human life, when God devised a wonderful plan for humanity. He created a man and a woman and designed that "for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh" (Genesis 2:24, NIV). Jesus, speaking specifically of the marriage commitment, added, "Since they are no longer two but one, let no one separate them" (Matthew 19:6). Why? Because God intended our marital and familial relationships to be strong, loving, and lasting relationships that reflect the unity of God himself (Deuteronomy 6:4). Unity is part of God's nature and character. He is one. And he wants us to reflect that unity in our marriage and family relationships. That doesn't always happen, of course. Tragically, marriages sometimes come to an end; families sometimes fall apart. And, if you've witnessed or experienced the breakup of a family, you probably understand why God wants to save us all the pain and heartbreak of such an experience. He can heal such hurts, but he prefers-with our cooperation-to prevent them.

REFLECT: God commands unity in marriage. What do you think that means? Does it mean just staying married? Does it mean always agreeing? Never fighting? Something else?

ACT: Write the equation "1 + 1 = 1" on an index card, and place it in a prominent place all this week (such as folded, tent-style, on the dinner table) to remind everyone in the family that God commands unity in marriage.

PRAY: Ask God for unity in your family, and thank him for seeing you through times of disunity.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

nov 22 Empty Re: nov 22

Post  jaake kwon Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:31 pm

I think something that I really took to myself in the reading today was the last part,
"Matthew 19:6
6 Since they are no longer two but one, let no one split apart what God has joined together.”

This really goes well with yesterday's devotion, to promote a message that's saying to build a community within ourselves so that we can together bring ourselves closer to God. I remember alot of what Jesus or God said themselves in the bible revolved around spreading the gospel, and influencing their students to pass his teachings around the globe.

Really, God brought us together to praise his name as the "Chrisitian 'Religion'", essentially what really became a community.
Well, it's some nice food to keep in thought as we progress through our journey in Christ, you know going through older ages and whatnot.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:30 am

i didnt really get much out of this devotion. :/ but i did get the general message the God created men and women for a unity of his creation. to make them as one and create a community. man and woman make a family within the family that he has created and unites more and more Christians and follows God's words.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:33 am

didn't get too much from today's devo as it doesnt apply directly to us yet, but in a different context, like the one Jake outlined. As a Christian community we should act as one unit and as one body. Though we cant be joined physically (would be slightly weird), we should always try to be joined in spirit and in faith.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:37 am

Studying for a big test! Will post tomorrow
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:56 am

Hey guys, just got home from work and need to study for my math test. I'll post tomorrow!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:35 pm

What i got from this passage we should all live in unity. God made male and female in the beggining because he want us to unite.
and the two are united into one.’ Since they are no longer two but one
this verse stood out to me because when u get married u are going to live together for the rest of ur lives. This makes it so that whatever problem u are facing ur partner will be facing it as well. and vice verse for ur partner. Both of you should be really close that pretty both will be 1 being.

pretty much all i got
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:35 am

ok here is last night's devo!

Matthew 19:6 "Since they are no longer two but one, let no one split apart what God has joined together."

This verse can represent the relationship between a husband or wife, or family, or even a relationship that each one of us have with God.

We're God's children, and even if we turn away from him, he'll always love us. It doesn't matter what we've done or what we've been through, our relationship with Christ is unbreakable.
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:04 am

I couldn't understand this deve very well....
What I understood is that god has created man and woman to be one on the earth. Cooperate with others for his plan is Perfect.
He wants us to love one another and understand that through his plans.
Live in a world that is united, not apart. Do not hurt others emotionally or Physically....god did not intend humans to hurt.

That's all.
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:39 am

A marriage is a sacred process, it isn't just a commitment, its also a promise. A promise made with God and your partner.
It consists of the holy spirit combining the two together. Thus, the whole 1+1=1. I'm pretty sure Jeremy's dad mentioned it during Sam's wedding.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:39 am

I think unity in marriage means that staying humble with eachother and keeping eachother accountable with God. It does mean staying married but its in everyones nature to stand of for themselves and fight...but its always good to make up and stay as a unity of God. He is always watching over people and watching who remains faithful and watching who falls. Stay humble day by day and repepnt for your sins... if you get married keep your spouse accountable with God as well so that you guys may remain unified with God.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum