Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 29

5 posters

Go down

Oct 29 Empty Oct 29

Post  Kevin Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi guys.
Dan hasn't posted the devo series yet so let's do your OWN devos today
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Oct 29 Empty Re: Oct 29

Post  jaake kwon Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:09 pm

2 Corinthians 10:17-18

17 “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 18 For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.

I think this might become a prominent theme in our daily lives should we start to get carried away in our status as Christians. We have to realize that as Christians, we accept the fact that we hold a humble position for a greater good. We should always keep in mind to be humble and have praise come through God, not ourselves. Should we ever have to show our talents, show them by actions and not words.

Something that we should do as people of God, is prove ourselves through actions rather than words. Words come in the sense of ego, while actions come in raw form of what it is. Actions can't be simplified and broken down to any cleaner, raw form of communication.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:58 pm

"Don't let this bad example influence you. Follow only what is good."
- 3 John 1:11 (NLT version)

It's really easy to get distracted from our relationship with Christ. Especially in this world and generation, with all sorts of tempting things. It kind of relates to Dan Joo's sermon! We shouldn't have any relationship that we prefer over our relationship with God! All these people we know and things we have are just temporary satisfactions. God is truly the only one who can 100% gratify us, for eternity! And in order to get this eternal pleasure, we need to make sure, God is the only one we truly follow and depend on.

Bye! Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:18 am

1 Cronicles 16:8
"Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done."

What i got from this verse was that we should alway be praising Gods name. and we should try and spread thelove to one another. This can also relate to the question why do we praise? to communictewth God to express our thankfulnessto Him. We praise him because he has saved us. We should try and try to spread the good news to others either by askin a close friend to come to church, talking to them of anything related to Christ etc...

All i got
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:53 am

Lamentations 3:23
23Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.

God's faith in us is a given that will never be inconsistent.
He has every reason to not put his faith in us, but he does so anyways.
Afresh each morning. Just like how we know the sun rises every morning,
So does God's faith.
We're so unworthy to even think about having him faithful to us.
It's an award and what do we do with awards?
SHARE THEM with others.
Have faith in others, because of God's undying faith for us.
Give others a chance, or a second, or even a third, as God has given countless ones for us.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:55 am

Psalm 73 has been one of the most relevant chapters I have ever read so I keep reminders of it around me at all times.

It talks about someone who noticed that the worst people have the best luck and about how he was losing his faith.
It talks about being pure and cleansing himself of his sins for God, and how it seemed to have no effect in his life.
Nearing the end of the chapter, he goes through the realization that God waits and then strikes the wicked.
He realizes that he has nothing on earth to keep him, and that he will spend his afterlife with God.

I go through this thought process about a million times a month.

It can be hard to stay strong in your faith knowing that people around you, who seem to be caring and doing less for God than you are, are better off than you are but if you think of it as a test of faith. Remember that the closer you get to God, the harder it is the grow in your faith.
Think of yourself as a bucket. If you're empty, you get be filled with a lot before you get tired but if you're nearing the brim and you're already tired, you can't fill yourself up as much as you had when your bucket was empty!

Stay safe everyone!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: