Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 26

+4
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
Esther
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Oct 26 Empty Oct 26

Post  Kevin Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Ephesians 4:1-2
1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.
2 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.

The little tyke shuffled to his bed, his pajama-clad feet making only the slightest noise on the hardwood floor. He knelt beside the bed and closed his eyes tight, his fingers squeezed together in a tight clasp. "Dear God," the youngster said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get in trouble." He paused. "Mommy says I need patience. She says I need to ask you to help me. So God, please give me patience so I won't pester Mommy so much." The boy paused again. Then he opened his eyes and looked upward, as if he were looking at the ceiling. "Well, God," he said, "I'm waiting!" It can be hard to be patient. It doesn't come naturally, does it? After all, that's why we have fast food; instant coffee; express lanes; rapid tax returns; quick-drying paint, nail polish, and correction fluid; "speedy" printing; overnight delivery services; "Zip" Drives; and Jiffy Lubes. We hate to wait. And sometimes our impatience annoys other people and gets us in trouble. Like when you try to move a big school project before the glue dries. Or when you cut in front of someone in line. Or when you yell at your best friend and hurt his or her feelings because you wanted to be first in line when tickets to the Counting Cannibals concert went on sale, and because your friend just had to have an emergency appendectomy, you ended up fourth in line! But no matter how hard it is, no matter how few people seem to have it, patience is a virtue. It's a good thing to have. In fact, it's necessary if you want to do right and please God, because a person who is patient reflects the image of God, who is "slow to anger" (Exodus 34:6; Numbers 14:18; Psalm 86:15) and "patient with you" (2 Peter 3:9, Niv). God also tells us to "Be patient with everyone" (1 Thessalonians 5:14). So what are you waiting for? Start being patient. And do it right now!

REFLECT: When are you most patient? When are you most impatient? Do you need more patience? How can you develop more patience? Remember that patience is a virtue and a fruit of the Holy Spirit. If you have experienced salvation through Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit lives in you, and patience will show in your life as you let the Spirit control you day by day.

PRAY: "God, help me to accept life with humility and patience. Help me to patiently make allowances for others because of your love for them and my love for them, especially for..."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Oct 26 Empty Re: Oct 26

Post  Esther Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:09 am

Hmm, patience.
Patience has never been a very big issue for me because I'm pretty patient.
At least, I think I am.
And I'm not going to lie, sometimes it's a drag because I don't usually ever have it in me to say "enough is enough". But what I do have issues with is that once you'd done something that makes me say "enough is enough", I hold grudges.
Not as much anymore but it still happens here and there. So I guess when those people that I have/had grudges against, do something, I become impatient and easily irritated
So I suppose that even though I stirred away from the topic a little bit, that trying to be patient with the people I don't feel like I'm on good terms with is what I'll work on.

See you all tomorrow!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 am

God has a time and place for everything. Complaining because of our lack of effort to wait is pointless. God does everything for a reason and we are not supposed to know why everysingle time.
Trust in god and know that he is in control. All we can do is prepare as we wait for the time to come.
The outcome is great when you follow gods plan.

I guess I will b seeing everyone tomorow.......good night!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:47 am

I saw some guy getting pushed into the recycling bins at school...that was pretty much the highlight of my day :/

I'm only pretty patient with only certain types of people.
Take my close friends or family for example, if they're having a bad day and they're being really cranky then I will straight up tell them they're acting like a jerk, or I will give them just as much attitude. That usually doesn't end up to good -.-
Also, there are certain types of things I can be patient about.
It's odd though, with people like acquaintances I tend to be more patient and willing to wait. It's most likely because I'm not close with them, and I don't care about them as much as I would about my close friends/family.
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:36 am

We are all leaders in this praise team... and a valuable quality that every leader should have is Patience.
All of us should be patient at all times... i find myself as a fairly patient person when it comes to times when others would explode. The only times i find myself impatient is when im kept from doing something i love or someone else is ruining someone i enjoy participating in.
I dont think i need MORE patience but i need the ability to control my patience and impatience when needed. Sometimes when i should be bursting out in anger... i dont and sit there. Sometimes i act out when it is unnecessary. Being an effective leader requires being patient and all of us should consider being more patient and controlling our patience better... especially with our congregation and with one another.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:11 am

I feel that I've built a lot of patience over time. If you take my brothers for example, they are way more mild mannered than I was at either of their ages. I was the most impatient little crap you could think up. But I guess I eventually realized it was an important trait to be patient and now how to wait and sit still for things. The thing I improved most on is being patient with people. I still have a short fuse when people provoke me, but I'm slowly starting to understand how to deal with the conflicts I may have with other people and not to get so riled up about things.
So yea, I hope to continue in that direction and gain more Godlike virtues
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:30 am

ok, so. i just wanted to connect this to gambling. when God tells us to be patient, it's like your best friend telling you to stop doing something before you seriously mess up. in short, it's kind of a guideline that keeps us from doing stupid things.

i think patience is one command that he gave not for our physical safety but for the safety of our faith. something about patience is that it puts time for God to work in our lives and us to open up to him. having that time shortened by a trivial event is something that can bite our backs down the road. it's funny because the best way to solve tomorrow's problem can start with being patient and calming down, rather than doing everything in a frenzy.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:41 am

In my opinion, self control is linked very closely with patience.
With then, patience is depended on one's faith.
God tries to stretch our patience, our self control for OUR own good.
Although it may seem all of these characteristics is all for Him, its mainly for us.
God is there, for US.
Although it is "All about you", we can't forget that his love is for us. Each and everyone of us.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum