Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 25

+6
James
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
Christine Kim
jaake kwon
Kevin
10 posters

Go down

Oct 25 Empty Oct 25

Post  Kevin Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Colossians 3:13-15
13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.
15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

You're about to travel back in time to visit some war protesters of the ancient past. Fasten your seatbelts! DATELINE: 1970 (A group of teenagers is milling around a Volkswagen van. One of them is talking.) "It was far out, man! Me and my old lady hitched a ride down to Berkeley for this really happenin' sit-in to protest the war, you know? "When we got there, the place was jumpin', man. Everybody was groovin' to the music and just peacin' out! We were, like, all together as one, you know what I mean? We were there to protest the war against our brothers and sisters in 'Nam, you know? We sang 'Give Peace a Chance.' We were just trying to say the world needs to make love, not war, man. Peace is where it's at, man. "Of course, then I saw a cop watching us, and I said, 'Hey, Pig, what are you lookin' at?' I picked up a brick off the sidewalk and threw it at him, and he went down! It was far out! Some brothers around me started clappin', and I stood up and said, 'Down with the Establishment! Peace out, man!' Groovy, huh?" BACK TO THE PRESENT: Everybody-past or present-agrees that peace is worthwhile, but most of us have trouble truly living in peace with others-little brothers, big sisters, parents, neighbors, classmates, not to mention the annoying little kid who lives down the block. That's because true peace-like all good things-comes only from God, through his Holy Spirit. No matter how much you want to live in peace, no matter how sincerely you believe in "world peace," no matter how hard you try, you can't achieve true and lasting peace without God. But if Jesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit, lives in you, then his peace can rule in your heart. As you surrender to him and trust him day by day, he will overcome the part of you that always insists on having your own way, the part that has trouble getting along with others or that wants to fight with others instead of trying to understand them. It doesn't happen all at once, but as the Holy Spirit controls more and more of you, you'll know more and more of his peace. The civil rights anthem "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me" had it right. Peace begins with you-your heart surrendered to God and filled with the Holy Spirit. Otherwise, peace doesn't have a chance.

REFLECT: Are you struggling to live in peace with anyone right now? How can you try to promote peace in your family this week? among your friends? at church?

PRAY: "God, I really want to know you so I can know peace."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Oct 25 Empty Re: Oct 25

Post  jaake kwon Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Woah. Practicing 13 songs this week. We got this....Yo, man this is scary.

Well. I think something that is foundational in our whole (i dont know what to call it but;) religion, is to forgive others' faults with or without their apology. We have to care for our enemies as much as our friends. That's something that's hard to do, but later, while we are doing it, we realize that it's not really something that's a question of difficulty, but rather a question of willpower. I think to forgive a person and accept them into your lives can be one of the hardest thing to do, especially if you see that in your perspective, that you put in 100% of your effort to supporting your other, while he or she does not do the same back to you. They can be just outright rude, but to see the good in them, and to see Christ inside everybody on the face of the Earth, (or astronauts on duty, I suppose) is one of our responsibilities that we have to take account for.

Instead of forgetting, we can try to forgive while Jesus can help make up for whatever we absolutely cannot do, and when we do reach the point of forgiving, we do something divine rather than something human. That's What Jesus Would Do.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:11 pm

hmmm...peace would be nice right now since this week has been studying, tests, assignments, and a junk load of homework...
the past part of the devotion story made me think to a drunk man with his drunker friends going all crazy and stuff. of course we want to have fun and go crazy once in a while and like what yesterdays devotion was about, God WANTS you to live a joyful life! but there are limits to the amount of joy or how we find joy in something. God wants you to be pure and loving, which means that you cant find joy in back talking about someone, gossiping, back stabbing, etc. doing all that will lead to a mini world war...in other words, the complete OPPOSITE of peace. i guess all of the devotions we have done so far kind of makes this whole "peace". being loving to your neighbours, live a pure life, live a joyful life, etc make up the peace that God wants in this world. doing all of the listed above, is peaceful isn't it? it isnt gloomy or like i said a mini world war. anything GOOD that you do can pretty much be peaceful, now that i think of it, it isnt really that hard if you are able to take small steps.
be peaceful! peace out XD
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Forgive others like how the Lord has forgiven you.
Love others like how the Lord has loved you.

Each of us are gods precious creation were fragile and corrupt. Sin is able to enter each and everyone of our hearts. Our emotions are unbalanced and are used at unessecarry times for silly reasons. At these times, Christians must be strong. Think about what god wants you to do and try to avoid doing only what you desire. Know that others are strugling as much as you are and understand before you judge, think before you might do somethig you could regret in the future. You can't take back what has already come out of your mouth.

See people the way god sees them.....
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:15 am

HUGE math unit test tomorrow! Must study!
Will do tomorrow! Sorry!
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:39 am

When I think of peace, I think of people making up to their original state.
And that could be done best by never sleeping angrily, as the anger and frustration seems to multiply the next day, even worse, the following week.
And also, its not making peace with that person, its mainly for yourself.
Truthfully, for me, at heated moments, I don't exactly think of myself.
But I should because it's so easy to make peace, but its hard extremely difficult to forgive.
I think making peace is truly a stepping stone for forgiveness.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:48 am

oh gosh, no, i just lost everything cuz i pressed backspace on accident...

in short, I talked about how love is impossible without peace, even if peace might be possible without love. Peace is the basic building block for love, so come to peace with others, yourself, and most importantly God. It's when that happens that we can continue on in our journey to be like Christ.
So if you find it impossible to love like Jesus did, it's probably because you don't have the peace that's required to love like that.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:32 am

15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

Like Jake said, it's not the matter of difficulty, it's willpower.
We've always had that choice to have peace in our hearts, and in our actions. At the end of the day, it's always been up to us.
LET it rule in our hearts. That would be the key term to back up my point haha
It states earlier that with peace, we'll live in harmony. That's what God called us to do.
Especially as Christians, we should have peace amongst each other. Simply because we call our fellow Christians, our family.
We address each other as ONE body. How could different body parts have quarrels amongst each other?
Of course generally speaking, we should have peace with everyone. But I honestly think it's THAT much more important to have peace amongst fellow Christians. How can our minsitry function properly if we're not at ease with each other?
How could the leadership team or praise team fulfill our goals properly and effectively if there's something we need to get off our chests with each other. We express that peace with our actions, or at times, lack of unnecessary action.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 am

School is suchhhh a drag. Seriously guys, have fun in gr12. LOL

Forgive and forget accept. I guess that's what this devo was about, in simplest terms.
I'm sure you've all heard of the phrase "forgive and forget", and the reason I crossed out the 'forget' and replaced it with 'accept', is because if you're forgiving someone, and then forgetting about whatever happened, what will you do when it happens again? You can't keep forgetting something that's happened many times.
You have to accept that it happened and that it may happen again.

God forgives us and accepts not only our apologies but also, the fact that we may make the same mistake again.

And if God did it for us, there shouldn't be an excuse for us not to be able to forgive others.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:30 am

Here is yesterday's devo!

15 "And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful."
Let God be the only one that can take full control of your body. That way you are able to create peace with others and also with yourself. It's like becoming one with God. That way you can live the holy life, that God wants you to live.

Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 am

ughhhhhhhhhhh grade 11......

13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others

This should be pretty straight forward, we treat others as how GOd treats us. God has forgiven us with many many sins we have done. He has even sacraficed his only son on the cross for us. So this means that we should also forgive others just like how God has forgiven us.

pretty tired, hard day glad its a friday cant think much atm sryr gnite
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:30 am

sorry for the late devos guys...
uhhhh truthfully my life was going pretty peacefully until recently...
my parents had a huge fight and they were saying stuff like lets get a divorce and everything... but its all better now.
I really didnt know what to do during that situation... but i knew i had to stop them. I tried but they kept telling me to go back inside my room and i listened...
If it happens again... im not even going allow my parents to get close to the point of them screaming at eachother... I dont know what id do without both my parents and it will be one of my jobs to keep peace in the house since my brothers gone!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum