Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 17

+5
Pa Ta Rick
josephpaik
Christine Kim
jaake kwon
Kevin
9 posters

Go down

Oct 17 Empty Oct 17

Post  Kevin Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 am

Exodus 34:27-34
27 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Write down all these instructions, for they represent the terms of the covenant I am making with you and with Israel.”
28 Moses remained there on the mountain with the LORD forty days and forty nights. In all that time he ate no bread and drank no water. And the LORD wrote the terms of the covenant—the Ten Commandments—on the stone tablets.
29 When Moses came down Mount Sinai carrying the two stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant, he wasn’t aware that his face had become radiant because he had spoken to the LORD.
30 So when Aaron and the people of Israel saw the radiance of Moses’ face, they were afraid to come near him.
31 But Moses called out to them and asked Aaron and all the leaders of the community to come over, and he talked with them.
32 Then all the people of Israel approached him, and Moses gave them all the instructions the LORD had given him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses finished speaking with them, he covered his face with a veil.
34 But whenever he went into the Tent of Meeting to speak with the LORD, he would remove the veil until he came out again. Then he would give the people whatever instructions the LORD had given him,

Moses set his chisel down on the table and wiped the sweat from his forehead. A large slab of stone sat on the wobbly wooden table, and another stone, already chiseled in great detail, sat beside it. "Is there a problem, Moses?" The voice of God could be heard in the thin mountain air inside the tent, though Moses sat alone. "Well, it's . . . just. . . it's all these instructions for building the tabernacle." "Yes," God answered, his tone urging Moses to go on. "Well," Moses ventured, "you say the ark of the covenant has to be overlaid with pure gold, and the utensils on the table have to be pure gold, and the lampstand has to be pure gold. The bells on the priests' robes have to be pure gold, and the incense has to be pure ..." "Go on," God said. "And the olive oil has to be pure, and the gemstones for the high priest's breastplate have to be flawless . . ." "Yes," God said. "You've listened very well, Moses." "But-," Moses began. "You think I'm being too picky," God said. "No!" Moses blurted out. "I would never say that!" Then he remembered that God knew everything. "Well," he said slowly, holding up his thumb and forefinger just a hair's width apart, "maybe just a little." "Moses," God said, "I am glad you noticed. I am not being picky, but I do want to communicate something to my people through all these rules and requirements. One of the things I want them to understand is that I require purity. I want my tabernacle to show that I require purity. I want my priests to show that I require purity. In fact, much of the law I am giving through you is intended to make it clear that I require purity, from the robes of the priests to the lives of my people." The voice fell silent, but only for a moment. "Do you understand now, Moses?" Moses answered quickly. "Oh, yes, Holy One. I understand, really I do." "You wish to ask something else?" God asked. "Yes, Holy One," Moses answered. He raised his hand timidly in the air, like a schoolboy. "I feel like I should wash my hands before I continue," he said.

REFLECT: While the conversation above is fictional, it's a fact that God commands purity. What do God's commands reveal to you about what matters to God? Are the same things important to you? Why or why not?

PRAY: "Lord, keep me pure as you are pure."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Oct 17 Empty Re: Oct 17

Post  jaake kwon Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:39 pm

it feels like this week's theme is purity. i don't feel too,well and alive at the moment, so I'll try to give my two cents into this.

god's commands are expected to be carried out with,purity. so I think one thing we should start with is a mentality of"all in or nothing at all." of course we have our flaws, but by going all in, we're showing real faith to Jesus and leaving our,lives in his hands. exactly as sheep to a shepherd.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:55 pm

todays devotion is similar to yesterdays devotion: purity. God is pure and we arent...simple statement. when God asks us to do something, we tend to find difficulty in doing so or we just run away from it. an example would be Jonah, he was told to go...i forgot but yeah somewhere, but he ignored God and went to the other place. sometimes we are just too scared to go ahead and accomplish what God asks of us. as Christians we are expected to walk a crazy and not-on-the-path walk with God to become pure. God represents purity and whatever He asks of us is to make his name pure. we are sent out to the world and make a change in someone's lives through obeying Gods word. Gods word is to purify our heart, minds and sould, AND to purify His name that has been dirtied by us through the eyes of non-Christians. we are claimed to be the most hypocritical religion, so we should try to change that and purify ourselves, and the title we carry around as Gods children of Christ.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:48 pm

The key word in this devotion is "purity"
Through the commands of God, its often pure and full of purity and with no sin.
His commands reveal that God wants us to set all our sins aside and answer his commands with pure hearts and a mind set like God himself.
I dont think the same things are important to me as it is to God becuase i do not know and have never experienced purity like God has. He has a completely different view on everything over us.
I can say that follwoing commands to the best of someones abilities is important but not to the extent of purity and perfection.
Even though we arent able to answer Gods commands with pure hearts, our goals should be to try.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:35 am

Main message today was about Purity. God wants us to be pure and so he provided us with the ten commandments which is supposed to keep us pure and sinless. To get to God, we must be pure which we arent but because of Jesus Christ who died on the cross for our sins, we have been forgiven and therefore we can be with GOd in the end.

alliot LOAD OF HW!!!
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:44 am

If we think about it carefully, nothing profound has changed since the old testament where God wanted us to be pure. We should be the living embodiment of the tabernacle God said to build. If we consider ourselves a tabernacle, we should be using the purest gold parts to build ourselves up. Have a pure heart, a pure mind, and and a pure soul. That is what I think God is trying to say to our generation concerning this passage and the easiest way to go about this is to follow the commandments that he has given us. So always strive to purify yourselves through the commandments he has given us.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 am

28 "Moses remained there on the mountain with the LORD forty days and forty nights. In all that time he ate no bread and drank no water. And the LORD wrote the terms of the covenant—the Ten Commandments—on the stone tablets."

Think about this this huge commitment and faithfulness that Moses had in God. I mean come on, 40 days and nights without water or food! I can't even last 40 hours without food and water!
But I think Moses is a great example of being "Pure".
He went through everything that God wanted him to do. He hesitated of course, but he always trusted God and stayed a pure person.
If we are able to trust the Lord, and believe that he is always going to support us, then we too can become pure!
Meh sorry if this devo sucks.
Bye! Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:12 am

and once in a while, I read a devo/passage and am completely baffled.
I have no idea what just happened. I don't even know what to say about it...
LOL maybe I'm too neck deep in math to understand.
I'll come back to this one tomorrow and see if I have any luck!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:38 am

GOD isn't picky
I would say "thorough" is the correct way to describe him.
God is NEVER picky with our worship, I'm sure when we give GOD worship. He'll accept it regardless of what it's like
Does he want it less quality worship? Does he deserve. Of course not, but he accepts.
He accepts us when there are SO many things to nit-pick about us.
God could go on for DAYS and days at time being "picky" about us.
Instead, he's thorough, see's all our imperfections, but looks beyond that and accepts with arms wide open
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 pm

I thought that this one was mainly talking about discipline. Many times, its hard to follow and listen to gods word. It may be hard....but why would have god chosen you to do this? There are some things that god just can't explain and allways tell us why we need to do something, we just have to trust him and just do it!
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum