Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 15

+5
Pa Ta Rick
Audrey Jong
James
jaake kwon
Kevin
9 posters

Go down

Oct 15 Empty Oct 15

Post  Kevin Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 am

Hebrews 12:1-2
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.

Do you know where Waldo is? How about Beverly, Martin, Murray, or Stanley? You can even find Elvas if you know where to look. We're not talking about the Waldo you look for in picture books. This Waldo is a "where," not a "who." So are Beverly, Martin, Murray, and Stanley. Those aren't the names of people but of places. Waldo is located in the state of Kansas. Beverly is in Massachusetts, Martin is in Czechoslovakia, and Murray is in Utah. You'll find Stanley in the Falkland Islands and Elvas (not Elvis Presley but the town of Elvas) in Portugal. If you tried to find those places by trial and error, by roaming around, or even by searching for them on a road map, you'd be looking a long time-and probably wouldn't ever find some of them! But with a little help from something called a GPS, it would be a snap. A GPS (Global Positioning System) is an electronic device used by pilots, navigators, and others. A GPS sends a signal to a satellite, which stays in position in space above the earth. The satellite determines where the signal is coming from and reports that information back to the GPS. This whole process is called "getting a fix" on your position. It's a really handy tool if you're ever lost in the sky or on the ocean. Of course, most of us don't have much need for a GPS. After all, we don't usually go wandering around in strange places in the Pacific Ocean. But we do need a kind of GPS for our soul. We get kind of lost in all the choices we face and all the decisions we have to make. Sometimes we may lose sight of what's right and what's wrong. We end up coming up with bad ideas and making bad decisions. The answer is to keep our eyes on Jesus, our GPS. He's been through all this before, and he not only knows what's right and wrong, he is right because he's God! If we just keep our eyes on him-by spending time talking to him in prayer, worshiping him alone and with others, and reading his Word every day-a lot of those tough decisions and confusing choices tend to get straightened out. This is not because we're so smart but because he is.

REFLECT: Spending time with Jesus can sort out a lot of the confusion kids and teens (and adults) go through. When is the best time for you to spend time alone in prayer and Bible reading? Morning? Evening? Some other time?

PRAY: "Jesus, I need your direction every day. Remind me to keep my eyes fixed on you so that I will be less likely to get lost or confused."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Oct 15 Empty Re: Oct 15

Post  jaake kwon Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 pm

I had an idea of what to say...until I saw the actual non-bible part....and I got thrown off.

All I get is that we should keep our eye on Jesus. "Keep the ball on the prize", and push through whatever we go through. And then...Stanley and Elvas popped up..and made everything confusing.

If anybody can simplify the chapter excluding the Stanley and Elvas and Beverley, etc. Please help me out. T~T
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  James Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:15 pm

In relevance to last Friday's devotion, this devotion also focuses on how Jesus is the WAY.
With today's technological age, a GPS would be appropriate when following Jesus.
Our GPS should be on Him, putting that initial trust upon Him, to prove to Him that our eyes and hearts are on Him, and Him alone.
Anything that interferes my relationship with Christ really feels like a split path, moving away from the destination.
It's safe to say that I struggle with this.
For me, the best way to stay in line is to keep reminding yourself how great it would be once we reach glory.
Just like studying for a test, the greatest motivation for me is to remind myself of how great the reward would be.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Same, Jake.....I got confused at the waldo and elvas part.

But I did like the first verse given.
As christians, we are rolemodels sometimes without even knowing it. We serve God and do great things for God's glory. Of course God is there guideing you through your path of faith. He gives us endurance to keep on going. If we didn't have God in our lives, we would be lost and Sin would take over.
Therefore, God has given us strength in faith and stay focused on serving God.

K, good night to everybody!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 pm

i didnt understand the short story and somewhat understood the verse. But what really stood out to me was the reflection. We all have spent atleast some time with God, either asking God for help, or maybe thanking him for everything he has done for us.But the question for us is when?
Well for me personally, i usually do it when going to bed because i am alone there and its just very peaceful mostly. You aare just very isolated and it just seems like a great time to communicate with God. May not be every night but still mostly.

Asking God for help is a great thing to do and letting him take off the wieghts for us is just amazing. It really is wonderful to know that we have someone to fall back too. Someone who is always there for us when we are feeling lonely, happy, or any emotion.

all i got
gnite
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 am

i will do this tomorrow. kinda dead today
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:17 am

When we're bogged down in sin and feel confused and whatnot, the one best way to get out is to go to Jesus. Praying harder and reading more of the bible are all good ways to do so. As long as we stay centered around our faith, we can always get back on track. So even if it may not be easy to keep a constant sight on Jesus, we should always strive to do so and when we do we will be spiritually enriched.

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:22 am

Woaaah looks like someone did some redecorating of the forum. I like it though! Smile

Uuhhmm....Ok where to start...

While reading, the first thing that came to mind was John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Since, Jesus was the only living thing that ever walked the face of the planet, who was 100% perfect and sin free, we should follow after him. Living our life like the way Jesus did, is a guaranteed place for us in heaven.
Sadly, we aren't able to be exactly like Jesus. It's impossible for us not to sin, and make mistakes. The good news is, we always have something or someone to guide us back towards the right path. Just like how a GPS works.
Good Night!
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:03 am

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

Personally, what stuck out to me from this passage was growing up
As we mature, we figure out what is good for us, what slows us down, and what we need, and what we don't.
We know we all ahve things that aren't beneficial to us, but do we keep it? Do we hold onto it?
"Let us strip off every weight that slows us down". Why do we cling onto things that don't matter in the long run?
Why do we allow it to distract us from our main focus. It's really maturity. That's what I'd think.
We should all assess ourselves, does this slow us down? And if so, are we ready to do something about it.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:45 pm

how odd...i did my devotion yesterday but it seems like it didnt post on the forum...pooie...
anywho, um i will try to remember what i said yesterday...we are all dependent on God and from the dependence we have on Him, we should be able to grow in Christ and take after Jesus as how he did when he walked around the world like how we are today. Being dependent on God, means that we are allowing God to lead us and guide us to the right way, therefore we will end up like Christ in some ways. we can always get help from God by praying to him and having our own isolated time with him as Patrick had mentioned. prayer is one on one with God that is completely confidental, so God will truly be able to change us and mold us to the good Christians that we are expected to be.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:13 am

Sometimes when i talk to God, i feel a lot more relieved and calm if im going through lots of stress.
I think the best time to talk to God is in the mornings when there is nothing on your mind. When you try to talk to God after the day is done, you tend to doze off with other thoughts in your mind. If its in the morning, you are refreshed and ready to give all your time to God.
Its also important to talk to God whenever you are struggling or even if its a good day. Asking for help, or thanks, God should be always an option to talk to.
Ill try to give my time in the mornings to God and to just sit and read the bible... because i know it'll help me more.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum