Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 10th 2012

3 posters

Go down

October 10th 2012 Empty October 10th 2012

Post  jaake kwon Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:07 pm

If possible, please format this topic so that the threads appear in an order of most recent to latter. Thank you.

So, today's sermons was based on the people that Jesus bless and how we see blessing as. I think one thing that we all were supposed to catch on to was that blessing is something that's given to fill in for something that's not there. In other words, it's supposed to compensate for what we're lacking. As Christians, I think our main trait shouldn't be something like being less empty than others, but realizing that we are empty, and without God's blessing we are never "full". That's why we ask for "the daily bread" day by day, to fill in for the hunger and needs for a God to be with us.

Something I want to share though, is that Church isn't a house for the great, but a hospital for the broken. We don't have to try so hard to hold up a Church by ourselves, but use the Church as a way to heal others and ourselves through the body of Christ. It doesn't rely on us as much as it does to rely on him. Although our faith and relationship might be 50/50, God will always hold up the Church for us, whether there's an earthquake or a riot.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

October 10th 2012 Empty Re: October 10th 2012

Post  Esther Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Main topic of today's sermon? Beatitudes.

Basically, what I understood was that you can ever really have everything you want.
You have to let God get to you so he can work in you and to allow that to happen, you have to keep some space open in your life.

In other words, you cannot be/want to be a perfect (in the image of society, that is) human being and still expect God to be your top priority/have a close relationship with God.
I mean, I suppose if you lived through his teachings and became that, that would work.... BUT ANYWAY
yes, keep yourself open to God so he can come into your life and work though you!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:31 am

Oct 10..Jake you actually have such a poor sense of date.
However, since the majority has posted here, so shall i..

The part that stuck out to me was, if we're perfect, what room is there for God?
God uses that space, no matter how big or small, of our imperfections, to make his perfections.
It's succinct, but that's what I wanted to share.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Ohmygoodness....I looked at the wrong number in the x/x/xx format... I need to be more awake...
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down