Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 12

+2
James
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Oct 12 Empty Oct 12

Post  Kevin Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 am

Psalm 119:97-101
97 Oh, how I love your instructions!
I think about them all day long.
98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for they are my constant guide.
99 Yes, I have more insight than my teachers,
for I am always thinking of your laws.
100 I am even wiser than my elders,
for I have kept your commandments.
101 I have refused to walk on any evil path,
so that I may remain obedient to your word.

Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher were trapped. They had wandered around in the cave for three days. They had eaten the last little bit of food Tom had saved from the picnic, and they had only a stub of wax left to use for a candle. They had nearly given up hope of ever being found or escaping from the dark, winding passages of the cave when Tom had an idea. He pulled a wad of kite string out of his pocket and tied one end to a projection in the walls of the cave. Then, unwinding the kite string in his hand, he inched down one dark passageway, continuing only until the end of the string. He tried this again down another passage but reached the end of the string in darkness. Tom tried a third time, following the string down a cave corridor until he reached the farthest he could go without letting go of the string. He was about to turn back when he glimpsed a far-off speck that looked like daylight. Dropping the line, he groped down the dark passage until he reached the hole, poked his head through it, and saw the familiar shores of the Mississippi River below. Returning to Becky as fast as he could, he took her with him and retraced his way along the kite line until they both emerged from the cave into the warmth and freedom of daylight! That story is from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer a classic of American litera-ture-by Mark Twain. It also illustrates what the Bible does for us. You see, a lot of people get lost in life, just like Tom and Becky got lost in the cave. People lose the ability to know which way to go, which way is right. They spend their time wandering and guessing, hoping that they're right, but not really knowing. But God's Word can act for us like the kite string did for Tom and Becky. The psalmist said in Psalm 119:105, "Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path." The Bible shows the right direction because it points us to God. We may still feel lost sometimes and uncertain about what is right or wrong. But if we rely on the Bible, it will be much easier to find-and keep to-the right way.

REFLECT: Would Tom and Becky have escaped the cave if Tom had left the kite string in his pocket? What if he had only used the kite string to find his way down one passage? How might those questions apply to your use of the Bible to find the right way?

ACT: Carry a length of string in your pocket today to remind you how the Bible shows us the right direction.

PRAY: "God, the area of my life that seems most uncertain right now is... Don't let me forget to keep talking to you about it and reading your Word to get the insight I need."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Oct 12 Empty Re: Oct 12

Post  James Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:08 am

Psalm 119.
We MEET AGAIN :O

105/119: Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

As this chapter constantly reminds us on how these people are just so grateful for the Word, the laws, and the commandments.
This verse is definitely a purposeful one, elaborating on HOW his word keeps us intact and sane.
Sums up the whole chapter, and this chapter isn't exactly one that should be forgotten.
To me, this chapter reminds me of when Abraham took Isaac to an alter and was preparing for sacrifice, as God requested.
Turns out God was testing his actual faith in God, and was successful.
Even though we're asked to do things that may seem unclear at the exact moment, the amount of faith that we possess really decides if we choose to follow what we're told.
The ones that are written in stone, the laws and commandments of the bible, they apply to us forever.
As HE is the Alpha to the Omega, everything has been set from the beginning, until the final breath that we breathe.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:52 am

It's nice and reassuring that we always have a fallback in case we ever get lost. On our walk with God, it's easy to stray off into some sideroad and lose track of where we're going, but the bible can really help in getting us back on track. All of God's instructions and the way he wants us to live is inside the bible, and reading it will help us keep on the right path, and even if we get lost, it will be the string that we can follow back to God. This is one of the main reasons I do devos. It helps me feel connected, even if insignificantly so, it's always nice to have a firm anchor.
So read hard and keep it close to your heart.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:24 am

Im sure we all have all hesitate to act on things that require us to sin and go against Gods will.
98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for they are my constant guide.
Gods commandments are really important and ever since we were all young, we were taught that disobeying God is a terrible choice.
Our choices are determined between God and the devil. Good or bad.
We should be knowledgeable with Gods commandments... and if we dont think of them if we are in a situation of good or bad... we should change that!
Always have God in your mind when making decisions.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:31 am

Guise, today I forgot it was the weekend... saddest moment of my life... BUT MOVING ON,

99 Yes, I have more insight than my teachers,
for I am always thinking of your laws.
100 I am even wiser than my elders,
for I have kept your commandments.

Hmm, although I don't really like how... egotistic these verses sound,
it's good to remember that age doesn't really matter to God. You aren't a better follower because you are a certain age.
And it's especially good for us to remember as we lead the congregation and as we get older, to remember that someone younger/older than you can be much more spiritually connected to God.

Is that random? LOL I don't know.
ANYWAY SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW. SORRY FOR THE LACK OF "DEVO" HERE.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:35 am

Well...Apparently it didn't record my post for this.

So.
Basicallly, the line would've respresented our obedience to Jesus' commands, and us following him. No matter how many times it may fail, his choices are still the most reliable to follow and if we don't follow them, we kinda wouldn't know what would happen. The connection between our faith and obedience to God is so great that without one, the other begins to falter, and start to die out. God is someone who we listen to the more we trust in him, and we instinctively take his instructions the same way we think about him and trust him.

Can't have faith without obedience, because our obedience to him comes from our faith.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: