Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 5

+3
Sarah Oh
jaake kwon
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Oct 5 Empty Oct 5

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:42 am

Ephesians 5:5-9
5 You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
6 Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him.
7 Don’t participate in the things these people do.
8 For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light!
9 For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.

Some sports teams' emblems or logos make sense. For example, the symbol for the New York Yankees is Uncle Sam's top hat on the end of a baseball bat. The Chicago Bulls' mascot is a red bull. The Dallas Cowboys have a lone star (Texas is the Lone Star State) on their helmets. Other team traditions seem strange, to say the least. Penn State University's colors are blue and white, but Nitanny Lions-their teams' names-are neither blue nor white. The Detroit Red Wings? Their emblem is a red automobile tire with wings. And what does a Los Angeles Dodger dodge? And, of course, some teams have strange mascots. You'll find everything from a gorilla in Utah (the only one not in a zoo) to a fish in Florida to a creature known as a "Phanatic" in Philadelphia. But the most interesting thing about many sports teams is not their names, emblems, or mascots, but their fans. They wear hats, wigs, and jerseys. They carry towels and Styrofoam hands with upraised index fingers indicating, "We're number one." (How many "Number Ones" can there be?) They paint their faces and their bodies. They wave team pennants. They wear team pins. They sing team songs. They are clearly identified with the team they cheer for, the team they follow closely. How closely are you identified with God? How do people know you love and serve him? After all, he doesn't have "team colors" or a team mascot. Oh, you might wear a T-shirt. You may listen to Christian music. You might even carry this book around. (Buy a hundred copies for your friends!) Those things are OK, but they're not the main way God wants us to identify with him. He wants us to show we worship him, not by waving pennants or painting our faces, but by the way we live. He wants our behavior to show that we worship him. That's why self-control is important to God. When we exercise self-control instead of getting angry, we admit that some things are more important than our petty resentments. When we exercise self-control instead of using profanity, we show that we submit to an authority that's higher than ourselves. When we exercise self-control instead of using drugs or drinking alcohol or pursuing sexual immorality, we show that we worship God, not our own desires. That doesn't mean a Christian T-shirt isn't OK; it just means that the person inside the T-shirt is what really matters to God.

REFLECT: How closely are you identified with God? How do people know you love and serve him? Do you show, by your self-control, that you're on his team?

PRAY: "God, let me show I worship you by demonstrating self-control, especially in..."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Oct 5 Empty Re: Oct 5

Post  jaake kwon Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm drawingg blaaaaaaaaaanks.......
o-o..........
what do I take if I don't have a fever, but have the symptoms?
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:48 am

6 "Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him."

I'm sure we all thought something similar to, "Maybe God didn't see what I just did I right now." once in our lifetime.
God saw everything, and there is absolutely no point in hiding. He saw you commit your sins, even before you did it.

I'm sorry, I've been out all day, and I just got back home about 30 mins ago. I'm super tired, so I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense!
See you guys tomorrow! Smile Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:33 am

Just like representing a school team, I think I need to be showing the glory of God more.
Learning to stay calm in hard situations, and knowing when to talk at the right time.
Turning the cheek when arguing with one another and learning to understand, amongst all characteristics of people.
I've got to learn how to truly "show off" Christ, by imitating him.
I've fought tirelessly with my mom earlier this week and finally learned to ask her to talk in a quiet manner.
Please pray for my uncle, he's been getting seizures lately and for his wife, who will be giving birth to her second son in November.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:33 am

I think this goes for all of us. Everyone is a server of God and we show it by being in praise team. We should live every second for God and serve his glory. I guess we could all say that everyone knows that we are identified to be with God and people know that.
Its our job to keep it that way and stop any obstacles that are pushing us away from God. It is also our jobs to lead others into being identified to be with God as well.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:55 am

I don't have much but I want to stress the importance of taking responsibility for your actions and asking for forgiveness. You can't put your sins off to the side thinking that there won't be any consequences.
Don't let yourself get to the point where it's too much or too late to fix!

See you all at EIGHT O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING. LOL Neutral
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:35 am

THis is one of the most stressed points of being a Christian. We may proclaim to be one and go to church and whatnot, but life out of church is a Godlike life we live. We should always yearn to live a god-like life wherever we are. Just like on school fieldtrips, admin tells you that you that you're representing your school and whatnot, we should always be reflecting the values that God has set out for us.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: