Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 3

+4
DunNo
jaake kwon
Christine Kim
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Oct 3 Empty Oct 3

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:41 am

Ephesians 4:28-32
28 If you are a thief, quit stealing. Instead, use your hands for good hard work, and then give generously to others in need.
29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
30 And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption.
31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.
32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

Cruella De Vil Scar Jafar Captain Hook Anastasia and Drusilla Shere Khan Recognize any of those names? Cruella De Vil, of course, was the totally mean and nasty villainess in Disney's 101 Dalmatians. Scar was little Simba's evil uncle in The Lion King. Jafar? He plotted against Aladdin, the Genie, and Jasmine in Disney's Aladdin. Captain Hook was out to get Peter Pan. Anastasia and Drusilla, Cinderella's wicked stepsisters, treated her like dirt. And Shere Khan, the tiger in The Jungle Book, wanted to eat poor Mowgli! Anybody who has seen those animated classics would agree that characters such as Scar and Jafar are evil. But why? A lot of people today claim that right and wrong don't exist, that everybody has to decide for himself or herself what's good or bad. "You're old enough to know what's right for you," they might say. "Don't let anybody tell you what's right or wrong. That's up to you." But everybody would agree that wanting to steal and to slaughter innocent little puppies to make fur coats (like Cruella De Vil) is downright nasty, and that engineering your brother's death and blaming it on your nephew (like Scar in The Lion King) isn't very nice, either. Those villains are despicable characters because anyone can recognize that their actions and attitudes are evil. Why? Because right and wrong is not up to you or me; it's already been decided-and decreed-by God himself. He alone has the authority to decide right from wrong, and he has said that murder and hatred and bitterness and rage and anger-and all types of malicious behavior-are wrong. "Instead," God says, we are to be self-controlled, "kind to each other, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:32). No matter what anyone else may tell you, that's what's right!

REFLECT: Do you ever find yourself justifying bitterness, rage, or anger toward someone else? Do you ever say, "I didn't do anything wrong," when you really did? Do you tend to be "self-controlled" or "uncontrolled"?

ACT: Suggest that your family rent one of the movies mentioned above. As you watch it, notice the traits of the villains and how much they reflect the things God has called evil.

PRAY: "God, I'm glad that you love me and want to help me even when I feel like a villain. Show me today how to get rid of anything bad I may want to say or do."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Oct 3 Empty Re: Oct 3

Post  Christine Kim Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm

hmm...this devo sort of seems like a continuation of the previous devotion. we are chosen children of Christ. we have all been picked by God to be a part of the praise team. but we all have flaws. like i said in the previous devotion, i am the type to keep things down which really gives the devil a chance to manipulate me and use me against God. but, we have to be able to fight back against the devil and show a kinder and forgiving side to everyone. God has always forgiven us no matter how big our sins and always helps us get out of the hands of the evil. we should be thankful for that and use that to br more forgiving to others. what right do we have to not forgive our fellow brothers and sisters if God can forgive us?
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Is it only me that's drawing out blanks from this one?
"Be good" is the only thiing I'm getting.

Sorry. I'm sick. You guys can pray for me, so I can actually sing with you guys for thanksgiving, instead of making loud snot sounds. ;D
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:31 am

Because of our sinful nature, our default is what God defines as evil. We sin and disobey his command, and do everything against him. That means to be good, we need to work hard. Working on different aspects and building ourselves up to the standard that God set out for us is very important. So even if it's hard, no one asked you to change completely overnight either. It should be something we consistently work away at, so work hard to get rid of your bad traits and to build up your good ones.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:39 am

Ew that's gross, Jake. xD But, yes I will pray for you~!

30 "And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption."

Like it says in the verse, we are God's children. How lucky are we to have that title? He specifically chose us to show the world God's mercy and love. Since, God gave us this opportunity we should try to do our best job no matter what. If we don't, and we do whatever we want, we are being hypocrites and we all know God doesn't like hypocrites.
In summary, LISTEN TO GOD AND BE A GOOD PERSON.
Good night!
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:10 am

This also goes back to the unfairness theme. We ,ay get jealous or think of something to be unfair. We may feel bitter towards someone else because of envy towards that certain person or because the person has done something to make you feel emotionally unstable.
But what i got from the verse is that we shouldnt express our anger with words or actions but instead with prayer. We should want to seek revenge nor say things behind there backs because this is hurting the other person. Even tho that person first hurt you, you shouldnt want to hurt them back. IF God was like that we would all be dead by now because we have all sinned many many times and that would probably have hurt God ALOT.
Soo what im getting at is that when were are anger or efel envy, we should pray to God and ask him to calm our hearts. So we dont do anything regretful
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 am

I know how u feel, Jake. I can Hardly talk right now tho and have like the worst headache possible. Yet I went to school.....I was literally shaking today. Thankfully there was a lockdown drill today so as I was under my desk, I almost fell asleep.

Anyways, What I thought about today's devo is that we shouldn't judge others for their wrong doings. Really, were pretty much the same. We all live ave made bad decisions and and have chosen to act a certain way. We can only change and learn from these actions if were willing to change and do what god wants of you. Change only happens if we are able to realize our own mistakes and listen to what god wants you to do. Sometimes, it's hard to do this and that's why god is there to help guide you. We can't always do everyhing on our own, help from others is fine.

"it is hard to walk in a forest of darkness without a lamp."

I really need to be getting more sleep.....well, good night!
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:48 am

Sometimes i find myself showing bitterness and anger towards other people when they start to annoy me. Although some things may be my fault, i dont like to admit it because it gets me in trouble. I also know what its like to be on the other end of that string. When my brother does something but i get blamed for it, it gets me angry and bitter towards my brother. But what does that solve? It solves nothing. I think what God is trying to say is that showing anger and bitterness to other people isnt the solution. Solving the problem and confronting people is the proper path to take.
Before, in these types of situations, i couldnt control my anger... but since its happened several times, i learned to hold in my anger and control myself. Its always better to have control over your feeligns when its necessary.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum