Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aug 30

+4
Esther
Sarah Oh
jaake kwon
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Aug 30 Empty Aug 30

Post  Kevin Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:03 pm

1 Corinthians 10:12-13
12 If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall.
13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

"Those girls make me sooooo mad!" Melanie stormed into the kitchen, close to tears. She found her mother preparing dinner. "What happened?" Mom asked. "Greta is having a party next week, but she and Phyllis say that if I'm going to be friends with Natalie, they don't want me coming," Melanie explained. "Natalie's a girl from Russia. She doesn't speak English very well, and she wears clothes that are a little different. Some of the girls make fun of her, so I've been trying to be her friend." "That's a very good thing to do," Mom said as she chopped some onions. "In fact, it's the kind of thing Jesus would do." "But I want to go to the party. Greta is one of the most popular girls in my grade, and this is the first party she's invited me to. Maybe I can just tell Natalie I have too many things to do and can't spend much time with her anymore, at least until after the party." "Wouldn't that be lying?" Mom asked. She handed Melanie the cheese grater. "I guess so," said Melanie as she started grating the cheese. "Isn't there some way to stay Natalie's friend and go to Greta's party?" "If you gave in to Greta, do you think she'd stop trying to tell you what to do? Do you think other girls would start lining up to be your friend because you treated Natalie cruelly? Do you think you could stop grating the cheese before you grate your fingers?" Melanie stopped. She hadn't realized how vigorously she'd been working. She popped the remaining nub of cheese into her mouth. "You're right," she said. "I'll do the right thing, even if it means I'll be unpopular." "Oh, that's so nice," Mom said, sniffing. "It makes me cry." Melanie turned and saw tears on her mother's cheeks. "You're not fooling me," she said. "That's the onion making you cry." "Better me than Natalie," Mom said, winking.

REFLECT: When you're tempted to do wrong, do you most often: a. have trouble recognizing the right choice? b. not like your choices? c. do what you feel like without even thinking about your choices? How can you make better choices in the future?

PRAY: "Lord God, when I'm tempted to do wrong, help me to seeÑand chooseÑthe right way out."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Aug 30 Empty Re: Aug 30

Post  jaake kwon Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:53 am

The main thing I was pretty hit hard on, was the whole thing with "God will give you only as much as you can take."
It's kinda like when your mom or dad starts ragging at you, "업지로 먹지마." You know, having your guardian have some kind of brakes for your own good.

It puts off alot of load, because in a way, the bible's saying that whatever the problem may be, we can do it.

Ohmy, so tired. Just came back from 동대문 for the second time.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 am

Hello Smile
I think verse 12 caught my attention.
When I am suddenly really on fire for God, I am also in a position to quickly stop that "fire".
I feel as if I am untouchable with God on my side, and that nothing can affect my walk negatively with Christ. But isn't Satan working even harder at times like this? He is trying to break the bond I have with God and lead me far far away. The verse reminds me to always make sure to maintain my strong relationship with the Holy spirit and to never let things distract me, no matter how tempting.
Good Night! See you all Sunday!
-Sarah
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:43 pm

12 If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall.
Biggest warning.
I don't think it's a coincidence that this happened to be a devo verse when we've just come back from the retreat. At this point, we're on a spiritual high.. or we should be. But the higher up there that you are, the harder you can fall.
Realize that you're not completely safe from all sins and temptations until you're in heaven.

But also, don't forgot that God doesn't throw things at you unless he knows you can handle them. I know we've all been at a point of almost breaking but trust God to help you persevere.

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:47 am

Aww......just wrote a really good and long reply and the comptuer just deleted everything!!!
Not happy....Im gonna have to write what i remember.......sorry if it doesn't make much sense...

Temptation is always arround you. Sometimes, it hard to make the right decisions. As you walk with God, things can get harder and harder. Soon, making the right choices are just difficult. We know what's the right choice but we just don't have the courage to do it! But no temptation is impossible to avoid....it's just more difficult for us to accept what is right. We know in our hearts what we should do, we just have to trust God and just do it. The more closer you get to God, the more satan wants to make you fall. don't let that happen....RESIST!!! Very Happy
God is willing to help you, only if you are able to listen and actually do what you know is right.

WWJD!!!!!!!
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:01 am

Knowledge is definitely power. Especially when it comes to making the right decisions when we're tempted.
I used to not be able to see the bigger picture, until I actually sat down and started reading the bible.
Still, knowing right from wrong, obviously I'm not exactly content with my choices.
But referring back to Pastor Kye's message on instant gratification, that's what helps me stand stall when tempted by Satan.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:40 pm

i dont really know if this makes sense but when you are at your strongest point, it is really easy to fall from that strength and drown in weakness. i thought that verse 12 had a really strong sort of warning to us. it is warning us that even if we may be strong, falling from it can be easy from small things like temptation. we can all endure this temptation because God is with us and he throws things at us that we are able to endure and resist. he has the power to give us the strength to resist temptation but we are also weak, which means that we can easily fall for the temptation as well. i guess what i am trying to say is to resist all temptations that are thrown at you because we will grow stronger in our faith with God if we truly trust in him and do what is right.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:48 pm

I remember hearing this in a sermon i forget who tho. It was about seeing the bigger picture. We are on Earth temporarily and isnt a permanent place for us to live in. I remember the pastor from retreat telling us that with the time we have on earth, we should make the most outta it by evangilizing and helping out others see God and help them get closer to God. The things we have on Earth are just some things we WANT but not the things that we NEED. It would be amazing if we could just always go the easy way and live the life we wanted to and not care much about the future. But for us, we have a bright future, we have eternal life and we shouldnt just throw that away for just a moment of pleasure.

Relating back to the short story, if Melanie were just to be like the other girls and ignore Natalie, she would be able to go the party of the popular Greta girl. But Melanie saw the bigger picture and want tthe long time pleasure rather than the short term pleasure.

Its like the saying, No pain no gain and we should endure all the temptations aronud us and focus on the bigger picture. And as school starts soon, their will be a TON of temptations around us but as the verse says, God will always help us andwill be with us.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum