Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Peter 1 Oct 14

+2
Esther
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

2 Peter 1 Oct 14 Empty 2 Peter 1 Oct 14

Post  Kevin Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:49 pm

I got a date for semi! Very Happy
Yeeee
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

2 Peter 1 Oct 14 Empty Re: 2 Peter 1 Oct 14

Post  Esther Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Your rat friends don't really count, Kevin.....
EHEHEHE, JK JK! Very Happy

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Right, so that's.....
faith, goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, mutual affection, and love.
Phew, what a mouthful! Alright, so obviously that's... well, it's not going to be easy to be "godly", hahaha but always try your best!

OH GUYSGUYSGUYS! READ THIS!
It's the "Anyway" poem, by Mother Teresa.
Pretttyyy good stuff!

"People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway."

AND WITH THAT QUICK DEVO, I AM OFF TO A SLEEPOVER. SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW! Very Happy
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:04 pm

yo!
jenn told me she cant do devo cause shes going home late cause of a school friday night light thingy.!
she will do it tomorrow
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:55 pm

sup guys!
sorry i didnt really get anything form this chapter.
ill reread it over again! sorry
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:45 am

Holy I took a nice 2 and a half hour nap.. at 8:30
my sleeping habits are retarded.

Anywho, I too didn't get much from this chapter
I shall see you all of you guys tomorrow.
Till then, Autobots roll out
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:43 pm

hmmm...well this chapter was a bit hard to understand...i didnt really get anything out of it. but it seems to be talking about qualities you should have in knowledge of Jesus Christ to be productive and effective with Him as verse 8 says. lets try our bests tomorrow! man im nervous now...thanks kevin...i told my mom how nervous i am and she laughed at me. -.-'
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:34 am

4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.
i think in this verse, PRECIOUS PROMISES should be emphasized! i think all of us tend to forget that these promises are gifts to us from God, further more, gifts that we dont deserve! we should treat them like they are the best things in the world and remember them everytime we think of God. that what we would do if our friend bought us a $1000 gift for no apparent reason! ahah thats how giving our God is, so we should show our gratitude by at least respecting them Smile

Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.
i like how these verses give a list of "leading-to's" that show us what goes into genuine love of our neighbours!

thats what i got!! byebyeee

jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

2 Peter 1 Oct 14 Empty 2 peter 1

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Ok, so what I got from this is that this chapter is explaining our growth in faith and how we must be wise in the choices that we make.
From verse 5-8, it tells me that we need to have wisdom, self-control, patience, and love..........it reminds me of the tree of good fruit: "Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and self-control."
In verse 5 it says, "In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God's promises...." So I feel that this verse is telling me we have to follow God's words and comandments.

This verse really makes me feel sure of what God wants from all of us: So dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Do these things, and you will never fall away. Then God will give you a grand entrance into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

It's funny how this verse mentions this and yet sometimes we don't realise it ourselves! I think this one is one of my favorite verse because it gets you thinking, "Therefore, I will always remind you about these things eventhough you already know them are standing firm that I should keep on reminding you as long as I live."

Well that's all I got...
~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down