Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Peter 3

+5
Esther
jennifer
Pa Ta Rick
James
Kevin
9 posters

Go down

1 Peter 3 Empty 1 Peter 3

Post  Kevin Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:10 pm

SO much engli8sh work... haha
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Peter 3 Empty Re: 1 Peter 3

Post  James Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Hey guys!

This chapter really deserves a second reading, I didn't get much out of it. Verse 14 really hit me though. "But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear." This means that because we're saved by Jesus, we have nothing to fear. Everyday, we should live in peace with no fear.

And this sends us back to Deuteronomy 31 verse 6. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Damnnnnnn tonight is gonna be a looooong night. i got a science, math and history test tomarrow and i got a huge careers project thats worth 20% of my mark... to make it worse im getting my interm tomarr. why do i procrastinate "sigh" Crying or Very sad

Anyways peter 3 is telling us that we should all live in harmony with one another and we be compassionate and humble. We shouldnt do evil because someone else did evil towards us. We shouldnt insult others because they insulted you. instead we should bless them. As Moses said in one of his sermons, if someone slaps you on the right cheek, offer him your left cheek as well. This is telling us we shouldnt hate because they hate us. Verse 14 But even if you should usffer for what is rigfht, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear do not be frightened. This verse is saying that if we suffer for doing what is right we are being blessed. We shouldnt fear what others fear because we have God by our side.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:30 pm

8 Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters.[a] Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. 9 Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing.
i think this is honestly the harrddessttt thing to do!! loving everyone as a brother or sister, and being humble, and not retaliating when someone is trying to hurt you (verbally) haha
its something that we all should work on and keep working on for the rest of our lives. by ddoing this, we become beautiful in God's eyes and beautiful in otheers' eyes as well! people notice when someone is different than everyone else, but they can't blame you for being anything but beautiful when youre different in an amazing way Smile
then people will try to be beautiful as well! <3 yaayy haha
anyyywhoo!! LIVE BEAUTIFUL LIVES Very Happy
kay! bye guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:31 pm

8-12Summing up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless—that's your job, to bless. You'll be a blessing and also get a blessing.

I don't really have much to reflect on these verses but I can say this is something we have to remember! Just because we're part of praise team, doesn't make us an exception for doing any of these things! In fact, we should be setting an example and doing these, if anything, more frequently than others.
Not just to the people of the church, either. To everyone.

13-18If with heart and soul you're doing good, do you think you can be stopped? Even if you suffer for it, you're still better off.
Another thing to keep in mind.
It's always better to suffer for doing what God has commanded!

OKAY, OFF TO FINISH MY LAB REPORT! EEEEP! WISH ME LUCK!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:31 pm

sorry guys! i came home really late yesterday and was really tired!

theres wasnt really much in this chapter but i got a few things.
First of all, Wives and Husbands should be humble and considerate to eachother because God put them two together. If they dont get along, what is the point of the marriage. hahaha that was a small thing i got.
Suffering for Doing Good means a lot in my life.
Throughout 16 years ahaha i suffered through a lot and in most of those times, i ended up gettting hurt. Even if i do the positive thing and do good, suffering is still brought upon me. Even recently, something happened to me but im not going to go into detail. In my situation, i tried to be teh best i could be, but was hurt and suffered while doing so.
Dont judge God for your sufferings, they all happen for a reason and It is the Spirit who brings them upon you. Be strong and get through it aha! STAY POSITIVE!

Smile
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

1 Peter 3 Empty RE: 1 Peters 3

Post  jaake kwon Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:03 am

urg. lets do dis! >.<
verse 15: "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to anyone who asks you to give the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,"
This verse strongly reminded me of ridiculing and blasphemes.
Reason being, its always hard to convince someone of your beliefs; especially when you're faced with your share of doubt yourself(ie me.)
and we always end up accusing one another. I'm not saying that I believe this verse means to "just walk away." cuz thats not what Jesus would do.

I think that this is telling us to tell that we LOVE God, and share our individual perception of him which is the reason why we love him.
AND at the same time listen to what the other person has to say.
I remember I asked this one Father what I should do to get my friends to convert and he told me this:
"Show that your religion is a relationship with God, first off. Then, just INVITE them."
And I realized the reason why it was so much harder to convert my friends was because I didnt connect and sympathize with them.

well thats all.
off to projects it is. :]
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:15 am

7 In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.

Simply put, be good to your wives. One thing I can't stand is when dad's aren't good to their wives. Make sure to grow up to be righteous men and give respect to your partners in life because God put them there for a reason.

15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.

This is something that I grew up with growing up in a mainly muslim school and there'd always be questions about faith with one of my buddies. When we're questioned in our faith, ALWAYS stand firm in what you know and believe. Spur onto others what you know so that hopefully, others may see what you stand on. Which is faith!

YEAh good night
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:50 am

Sorry I didn't pst last night guys, I passed out after working on thanks giving. Got paid like $165 tho lol...

3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves.

This verse speaks for itself and the thing I find weird is that people come dressed so well with a lot of make up, expensive jewellery and clothes. I guess not everybody's trying to show off how they look but just the idea of people dressing better than they always do on sundays is weird for. It's something I've actually realized awhile ago and something that I tried to fix. Try to dress just normal during sundays. Im pretty sure you guys realized that already, I hardly dress nicely during sundays, just what I wear in school lol. The point is, in the end everything materialistic will fade away but your heart and your soul will never fade away. Don't let materialistic things change who you are.

Also what I got from this chapter is this. An eye for an eye, Not the best idea. Something that I have to take action in my life, especially at work. This girl at work is constantly trying to make my life worse and I guess i'm doing the same thing. The only thing I got from this is to ruin my relationship with my best friend and got more people to hate me. It's gonna be very hard for me to reply with a blessing. Not only is it hard to do nor do I want to do it. Man it is soo hard to be righteous...

Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

1 Peter 3 Empty Peter 3

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Oh man! I have missed a lot of devos....Turkey week....Had to do lots of school work on tuesday cause I didn't go to school on mon..........
Anyways, Peter chapter 3 speaks to me in two different parts....
From verse 1-8, it talks about the fairness and equality people must maintain beween husbads and wives.
I got most imformation in verse 8-22. It explains that using the tounge, insults, or revenge are unacceptable in God's eyes. It says somewhere in verse 8, "Sympathize for each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Don't repay evil for evil.........Instead, pay them back with a blessing." When I was little, I heard in one of the sermons, "if you get slapped, don't hurt them back, turn the other cheek for them." I would never understand that, but after reading this passage, I now understand better.

Alright, that's all for now.
~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down