Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James 5 October 5

+2
josephpaik
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

James 5 October 5 Empty James 5 October 5

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Razz
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

James 5 October 5 Empty Re: James 5 October 5

Post  josephpaik Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:35 am

In the first section of chapter 5, it states the warnings towards rich people.
It basically says that being rich isnt happiness. Even if you're rich, misery and sadness with come upon you. It says it feels like you're poor and that moths eat away all your clothes. Everyday bad scenario you can think of is a matter of being rich.
Being rich isnt everything! Enjoy your life with what you have!

Also, be patient. Patience is key because for me, ive been watign 16 years for Jesus to come and still waiting. Patience is key because Jesus WILL come and will fill all our hearts with his glory. PRAY PRAY PRAY! if you are sad, PRAY, if you are happy, PRAY, if you are bored, PRAY!

PUSH PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS! keeps prayers in your daily routine because prayer is talking to God and when you talk to God, he will bring glory upon you!

Gnight
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:02 am

13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises.14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.

SUCH AN AMAZING PASSAGE. Bottom line, PRAY! I love how this states in both your sad AND happy times, acknowledge the lord. Why is it that only when it gets hard we acknowledge God? Because we tend to think about only our necessities rather than giving our god the glory he deserves.

Yee that's it
PCE OUT
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:02 am

I liked the Rich Oppressors verses!
It teaches us that the rich aren't always the happy and that we can never truly have EVERYTHING we want... not for long anyway. The rich were able to get everything they wanted on earth, which means they made it much easier for themselves NOT to go to heaven (verse 5).
Just keep in mind, guys!
Material things are nothing. When we're dead, what we have means nothing. What you are, and how you treat(ed) others - that's the important stuff!

OKAY, BYE GUYS. SORRY THAT WAS SHORT!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:32 am

I'm so tired honestly.. Work and school plus other stuff I have to help my parents with. I have a huge headache

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Powerful verses, but one thing that really stood out to me is verse 15. I remember my talk with my mom regarding my brother and she said, "God's love can heal any disease." Coming from my mom whom I never speak about my faith with God it was pretty powerful. that's why I really wanted to do "You're love is Everything" by Jesus Culture/ Chris Mcclarney. and Also one thing I really wanted to do was having a long praying time, especially during practices.. Prayer is soo powerful "Yeni Kim" a.k.k Yenai.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:00 pm

James chapter 5 starts about how rich people will not benefit anything when they perish. Rich people should be rich with the holy spirit, not wealth and money. Also, we should be patient and wait for the Lord's arrival. "You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near." Although the definition of near is very vague, it does tell us that the Lord is coming. We should all wait patiently.

James 5 states that we should pray no matter what circumstance. Under happiness, sadness, and in sickness, we should always be praying to God. We should appreciative of our health when we are sick. We should celebrate with God, and should ask God to comfort us when we are sad. We should confess our sins to one another and pray for each other as a church. I'll definitely remember this chapter. There's always a reason to talk to God. From it being sad to happy, God will always listen.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:16 pm

James 5 states that the rich in earth will not go into heaven because they have put wealth infront of God. Rich people have lived on earth with luxury and self-indulgence, and they have sacrificed others to get to where they are now.

Patience in Sufffering
James 5 is telling us to be patient because the time will come when we will be judged by God. We should always be patient even in the times of suffering and we should always perservere.

The Prayer of Faith
James 5 also tells us that we should always pray to God in the times of trouble, happiness, sick, etc... We should pray with faith in our words and our trouble and worries will be gone and our sins will be forgiven. Verse 16 "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down