Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James 4 October 4

+5
Billy Kim
DunNo
josephpaik
jennifer
Kevin
9 posters

Go down

James 4 October 4 Empty James 4 October 4

Post  Kevin Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:02 am

Still cold
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

James 4 October 4 Empty Re: James 4 October 4

Post  jennifer Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:17 pm

11 Don’t speak evil against each other, dear brothers and sisters.[d] If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God’s law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you.
I think that this verse is repeated many times but is really important to know! As christians it's easy to judge other non-christians because of what they are doing, however its not our place to judge them because we do those very sins as well even if we dont know it! the perfect get to judge, and the only perfect one is God Razz what we should do instead is focus on our sins and perfecting ourselves in God's eyes before we try and go about perfecting other people.
17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.
this verse is short and powerful. i think it hits home to all of us because sometimes we know we should do things, like listen to our parents but then we dont do them, even though we know it's wrong. It also is the same as doing things even when we know its a sin! and both of these are like a slap in the face to God because were basically saying that Gods word doesnt matter to us because we know God detests sin yet we still do it! with our actions, it looks as if were intentionally hurting him. i pray that God can show me/ highlight the sins i commit in my day to day life becasue i know the majority of sin is done without much thinking. then i hope that my concience will overpower my will to do a sin and help me reduce it Smile hehe
well hope you guys had a great day at school! seeeyaa later
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:55 pm

haha hey guys.

I read James 4 and at the beginning, verse 1 was highlighted. I think it was my brother and i kept reading it over beacause i knew there had to to be a message behind it if it was highlighted..

1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Dont they come from your desires that battle within you?

This question basically asks about what unleashes the anger inside of you.... i realize that a lot of us burst in anger without even thinking of the possible negative outcomes that we can come across. Personally i think, we should be slower to react but faster to think about your position at any moment that may tick you off. Also, i think "dont they come from your desires that battle within you?" means temptations. What you are battling inside you is temptations and when we follow through, there are negative outcomes, but when we "fight" against it and beat it, it is basically accomplishing the "thinking before acting upon" thing.

ahhaha today, during basketball course this dude kept shoving my face so i punched him in the kidney lmao and he got pissed but he was esl... LOOOL
this is an example of the fights and quarrels we face, but dont think before acting. DONT DO THIS. THINK BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.

6.............. "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble"
This is pretty straight forward. If we are too "cocky" basically, it is disrespecting God and disrespecting his name because he is with us and we live for him. So what we do acts as a body part of God. For the humble, who give and respect others as well as themselves gain Gods grace because we put other before us and most especially God.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 am

4 You're cheating on God. If all you want is your own way, flirting with the world every chance you get, you end up enemies of God and his way.

So this verse spoke out a lot to me because really, it explains our ways and what we're doing wrong. Some may think: who said it's a sin to want? But really, it is a sin to want. Wanting more than we have is in essence, telling God that he is not providing enough for us. God gave us all we have, but desiring greater goods is telling God that you don't need him to provide you. This also re-stipulates the idea that God is an unworldly thing and that as Christians, we should not always go with the flow. Like the verse says, following the world will turn us away from God. We can't have both, but it's up to us which one is more important. As Christians, we should try to really do what is right rather than always being worldly. As much as God is holy, we should strive to be.

Good night!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:58 am

Damn Grade 11 math is killing me haha

12 God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?

This verse is so straightforward. Where do we gain our right to judge others? It's absolutely right, our God alone is the one who gave us our law so why should we ever be able to judge others when we too probably have broken that same law? It can be so easy to judge, and so hard to take judgement from others. We always need to remember the only one who has the right to judge is the one without sin.

Yeahh pce!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:41 am

Hey sorry I didn't post yesterday guys, I had some issue with work, hw, and my parents and I completely forgot about devos. Iphone 4s, not bad. Coming from a Rim Fan

“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”

Oh I love this line. This is something I've been lacking, Humility and as an elder or the praise team this is something I REALLY need to work on especially for the younger generation. Some people has this urge that they get to do anything they want because they are older and I guess that's one thing I am against yet I still do, I need to learn how to put myself below everyone else.

13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil. 17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

One thing that kicked in my mind is this. Some people say, "God wants me to do this, God wants me to do that." When they haven't talked to God yet or are not even sure that God wants you to do what you are doing. Any honestly we need to take time to actually TALK TO GOD. To be honest, I've been lacking quite times with God these days. And as a praise team, I believe that we should have more times of prayers...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:31 am

Guys... it's official... physics sucks. hahaha );

3 When you do ask for something, you don't receive it. Why? Because you ask for the wrong reason. You want to spend your money on your sinful pleasures.
I feel like, we try to ask God for things that may seem good on the outside but our intentions are selfish. Obviously, God, knowing everything, knows our thoughts and knows us better than we know ourselves. If we do something good to get recognition or maybe, praise from others, we can't avoid God and since he's the only one that we should really be trying to impress, so what I'm trying to say is, to do things for the right reasons!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Damn so much work to do........ totally forgot bout devos yesterday

James chapter 4 is telling us that we shouldnt be asking God for something with the wrong motive. Verse 3 says When you ask, you do not receive because you ask with wrong motives.
This verse relates to everyone because im pretty sure everyone has once asked God for something like money or good grades but we never get em most of the time. This is probably beacuse we were only thinking for oursleves and what would happen to us if we did get what we wanted.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:09 pm

So James 4 talks all about what God wants from you and why the humbled are the most praised in God's eyes. Like it says somewhere in verse 6, "God opposes the proud but favors the humble." giving a pure heart to God is important as it explains in James 4. It says that we must wash our sins away and come closer to God. As it says in verse 7: "Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and God will come close to you."

But there is a part that is boggling my mind a bit. It says in verse 9-10: "Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be saddness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. What is that trying to explain? I know there is some kind of meaning to it but I just can't fully understand it.

See you guys in a couple of days!
~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:48 pm

James chapter four says that we shouldn't ask for selfish requests from God, as we won't receive it. Verse 11: "Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgement on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbour?"

We shouldn't judge one another because if we judge the law, we ourselves will be judged by God. And we aren't even close to being holy, the only person that can judge is God and Jesus. Also, this goes for the same rule as forgiveness. If we can't forgive our peers and neighbours, how can God ever forgive us?
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down