Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James 3 October 3

5 posters

Go down

James 3 October 3 Empty James 3 October 3

Post  Kevin Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:21 pm

GREAT JOB LAST SUNDAY GUYS
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

James 3 October 3 Empty Re: James 3 October 3

Post  Grace Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey guys! Wow, it's been a long time since I've put up a devo... or even been on the forum to be honest, but I do check in once in a while Smile And I'm glad to see that you guys are doing your devos!!! Smile
Also, I want to say hi to the new members!!! I haven't been able to see any of you in action except for like once I think before leaving for Korea in the summer, but I hope that everything is going well, and that you're all having a lot of fun as members of this team ~~~ I hope you all continue to grow as leaders and will keep walking the path that God sets out for you Smile

9-10My dear friends, with our tongues we speak both praises and curses. We praise our Lord and Father, and we curse people who were created to be like God, and this isn't right.
This talks about controlling what we say, but also that we need to not judge others. Everyday, im sure a lot of us say things about others that isn't very nice... but they are also created by God and were made to be LIKE God just like we were. We have no right to judge, for we are just as guilty as they are. But we need to praise eachother and help eachother grow Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:13 am

OH CRAP 13 minutes late!!!

Anywaaaaays, this chapter is about taming your tongue. Verse 7: "All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles, and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue." The tongue should not be corrupted by sin. Our tongues should praise the Lord, as he created us. "Evil is not born, it is taught." God made all of us with no sin. However, the devil still tempts us day after night.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:24 am

1 Dear brothers and sisters,t not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Just to be clear, becoming a leader/teacher in the church is NOT a bad thing. It's just a thing to be fearful of. We as leaders of our ministry have stepped up and that being say, we'll be judged more strictly. That's very scary because when we go up for judgement, because we are leaders, our expectations are raised a bit higher. Always remember who we are, and rmeember that WE get judged more strictly.,

5 In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.

But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.

Yeni ALWAYS tells me that a person's biggest weapon is there tongue. The tongue is something that can make or break someone. Even though we joke around each other, we should always watch what we say because really, we never know just how much it affects that very person we say it to.

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:37 am

5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.

Okay, Kevin said it but Yeni is ALWAYS talking about this. That what you say is so powerful, it can change people in many many ways. I kind of feel as if our church, especially our ministry, spends a lot of time making fun and talking inappropriately to one another. I really feel like it's something we should try to fix because we're the ones that the kids look up to; the ones that are noticed first (as Moses said) and if we make it seem okay to be the way we are right now, the other kids aren't going to know any better than to just follow in our footsteps. :I
Gotta fix it, guys!

That's it!
Goodnight!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

James 3 October 3 Empty James 3

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:56 pm

I read this chapter before about a week ago and I think that this passage if splitted into two parts....verse 1-13: controling the tongue and verse 13-18: wisdom of peace.

The first part, is clearly on the tongue and how we must control it. it explains how most of our sins and mistakes are made by the tongue. It proves that we as humans have the ability to tame wild animals but we are not able to control the tongue that is with us everyday and we use it for sinful things. This is mainly stated in verse 7-9: "People can tame all kinds of animals, birds, animals, and fish, but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison." It also explains that it's not right to praise and curse from the same tongue. It mentions this in verse 9-11: "Sometimes it praises our Lord and father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. and so blessing and cursing come pouring out from the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!" They also give plenty of examples of why the tongue can not come from both praise and cursing. ex. "Does a spring of water bubble out with both fresh water and bitter water?.....No, and you can't draw fresh water from a salty spring.

The next part of this chapter is on wisdom and righteousness. Although this one's short, it does have a big point. It talks about how the wise live an honorable and humble life but the people who live on jealousy with boasting and lying are the ones who do not understand God's kind of wisdom. It focuses on God's kind of wisdom and how we can follow it. By being peaceful, patient, loving, and gentle is the way to follow it. This does not include jealousy or favortism in anyway.

A verse that I think stands out of this chapter is, "And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness." This is a good verse because it encourages me to continue to be peaceful everyday.

I hope everyone's having a good day so far....see you guys soon!
~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

James 3 October 3 Empty James 3

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Gosh, I wrote an awfuly loooooooooooong one about James 3 today! Hee-hee!
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down