Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James 1

+3
Pa Ta Rick
James
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

James 1 Empty James 1

Post  Isaac Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:31 pm

Im at work now, haha love my job. i literally read blogs the entire shift =)
hope you guys are all studying and praying hard!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

James 1 Empty Re: James 1

Post  James Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:24 pm

Wassssup guys Smile

Verse 6 seemed to speak out to me, like alot. "But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown, and tossed by the wind." It really spoke to me spiritually and physically because I could also really picture a flower being blown away by the wind. As we're the flower and temptations are the wind. Wind generally moves in one direction and that's Satan trying to tempt us away from God.

Sooo much work tonight, wish you guys well at your own academics. Very Happy
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Okie Dokie Very Happy
i never thought that careers would be such a pain in the behind.....

Anyways, in this chapter, i learned that we should stay true to our word and to God. If we promise God that were going to do something we should actually do it. Most of the time, for me when we learn about the word of God on Sundays and the pastor tells us to try and do something specific for the week, i usually forget about it. Verse 22 says "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says".
Another verse that stood out for me was Verse 17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like a shifting shadows".
This last part stood out to me "Shifting Shadows" because it is telling us that God never changes and always remains the same unlike a shadow which changes form depending on where the light is shining
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:31 pm

sup guys! hope you are studying hard and practicing hard!

After reading the first section of the chapter, i realized a lot of things. One of the things that popped into my head was that having temptations and trials against yourself is a benefit in your Christian walk with God. This is beacuse you're truly testing your faith and that builds perseverance. Perseverence is the key to all characteristics, such as maturity and wisdom. If you face temptations and go with your faith it is the rigth choice, but to those who lead into temptation is blown away. Just like how the bible saysl. Also it states that for those who have faith and get through temptations, God will crown your life beccause he promised that to those who love him

19: ....... Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry

I think this verse is key because we don't do any of these and should learn to be more like this.
We always think we know everything and bother not to listen 100% and end up in the wrong footsteps, also without thinking we say stupid things that get us into trouble or hurt somebody. Through hard times, anger should be your last decision because it is the worst thing you can do when there are other things to worry about.

yeah thats all i got.
study!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:38 pm

oh mann... salvation is here is soo hard...

13 Don't let anyone under pressure to give in to evil say, "God is trying to trip me up." God is impervious to evil, and puts evil in no one's way.14 The temptation to give in to evil comes from us and only us. We have no one to blame but the leering, seducing flare-up of our own lust.

From today's reading, these few verses stood out. Sometimes we might think that God is the wrong do-er. We might think he's the one who abandoned us or is leaving us, but thing is God is perfect. Even in sin, we cannot think that God is ever to blame, because he is perfect. We are the evil ones and really we can't blame for God for doing anything bad because he didn't. If anyone is to blame, it is us. So don't let sin enter your hearts and like the verse says, we should always be trying to resist temptation when evil comes to test us. Stay strong. Don't give in.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:25 am

^stop crying..

Hey guys, I got some work to finish so I'll post in a bit!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:54 am

2 Dear brothers and sisters,t when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.

When troubles come my way, you guide and you sustain? Sound familiar? Hahaha that line is from Remain by Starfield. When troubles come our way, it's an opportunity for us to grow. I absolutely love this verse because it tells us exactly how we handle our hardships. Our troubles will never be something we can't over come because our God is constantly guiding and sustaining us. I love the thought of how when our faith is tested, our endurance has a chance to grow.

I really missed out on the pilgrims thing that you guys did at the retreat. Personally, I think it would've been a great experience and to you guys, I'm sure it was. Although I wasn't there, something important that I think those who participated in the Pilgrims thing should REALLY think about what happened those days at the retreat if you haven't all ready. We think we know God, we think we stand strong in your faith but when it comes down to it, are we really? When our faith is tested, we learn something from it, we gain a better understanding of faith with each test. Take advantages of those obstacles.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

James 1 Empty James 1

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 pm

I think that James 1 makes it clear of what really is true faith and how we need to focus on our faith in the inside other than on the outside. I mainly see this explained in verse 22-27.
Also, this chapter makes me think of how we can stay away from the teamptation that follows us everyday. Especialy from verse 12-16. "God blessess those who patiently endure testing and temptation." This part explains the obediance and how we need to learn and be ready for problems that God gives to test our faith. He also encourages us to do this by explaining how he blesses those who follow his words.
There's also this verse in the begining: "Believers who are poor have something to boast about, for God who has honored them. And those who are rich should boast that God has humbled them. They will fade away like a flower in the field...In the same way, the rich will fade away with all their achievements." For me, this means that God blesses people with gifts too but we should always be thankful and give thanks to God.
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down