Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hebrews 13 Sept 28

+4
James
DunNo
Sarah Oh
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Hebrews 13 Sept 28 Empty Hebrews 13 Sept 28

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Last Chapter of Hebrews
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Hebrews 13 Sept 28 Empty Re: Hebrews 13 Sept 28

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:54 pm

After reading this chapter, it's now one of my favourites. I think this verse is a really good reminder of what God is pleased with and what he isn't pleased with. Hebrews 13 reminds me of the ten commandments for some reason. Verse 6 really stood out to me. It reminds me to not be afraid of anything because God will always be on my side. Also another verse that I took an interest in was verse 5. "I will never fail you. I will never abandon you." reading that sentence comforts me, because sometimes when i'm stuck in a situation I tend to forget that God is still with me, but now that I have read this verse I think I will be able to grow more confident in God.
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Hey guys... Today's chapter was pretty straightforward, and though all things said are good reminders and things to keep thinking about and building our selves around, I didn't get much. soo ya. Good night everybody!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:06 am

THE BOOK OF JAMES IS NEXT :3 Just saying.

To be honest, i was really lost in this chapter and i could see myself reading the words but not comprehending them.
A verse that stood out to me is verse 3. "Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves are suffering." I think this means that we have some empathy in us, as we should know how each of our brothers and sisters are feeling. Verse 1, "Keep on loving each other as brothers." I think it means we should support one another during times of need and rejoice together in time of happiness. :S
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:44 am

Hey guys
After devotions, I got a TON of reading to do.
Gr 11 English sucks

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Haha this a TOO familiar line to probably most of us. I thought about this a lot more after reading it and Jesus will never be any different than when he died for us up until today. His unconditional love NEVER changes. Sometimes we feel his absence more than his presence in our lives sometimes but always remember, that God's love for us is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

14 For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come.

From verses, like this, I always mention that we should never love the things that the world has to offer up BUT since we have new ones recently joined. The things that this world has to offer up for his is not beneficial nor is it permanent. Where we are headed in our afterlife, where our true home is, contain the things that we truly need to value. Just a reminder, don't get so caught up with the things of this world but let's set our sights on what really matters.

Alright That's what I got
Time to get a reading
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:28 am

lmao youll love gr 12 english then Smile learn to love reading <3
1 Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters.
remind yourself this everyday! Smile becasue its truueee be loving to ebberybody i have trouble with this but im tryna work on it!
i think that's the most important thing that was in this chapter for me. he talks about loving each other in the very first sentence in this chapter. Why would he put this in the first sentence if it wasnt important and if it didnt matter if you remembered it or not? he put it in the first sentece becasue its the first thing you should take away fromm his parting and the first thing you should go to in life Smile
ive learned and am still learning that love is the root to everything good, and with love, branches out everything else we must need- inevitably Very Happy
ahaha night guyss!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:31 am

1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

I feel like this is something to be reminded of, ESPECIALLY the second verse! Sure, we know how we're supposed to be to our God, but I really don't think we remember that we have to treat everyone the best that we possibly can. This is because, by being made by God, they are a part of God, as are we! Very Happy

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:21 am

5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”[a]

6 So we say with confidence,

“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?”

These are def words to live by. What can mere mortals do to me?? Thats something that I REALLY need to take in. I mean even at work there are drama's going on, especially with this girl that starts drama's with everybody at silver. There were moments I actually wanted to quit or atleast do something to get her but reading this verse calmed me down a bit...

This chapter is actually really straight forward and nothing really new came to me...
I have a lab 2 tests and a quiz 2morrow. I'm beat, i'll see you guys later
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Hebrews 13 Sept 28 Empty hebrews 13

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:17 pm

Yay! I finaly fugured out how to use this....
ok, so from what i've read, I think that Hebrews 13 comforts me thorugh my walk with God. Especially in verse 5. It says, "I will never fail you. I will never abandon you."
This chapter explains to me about christian maturity. One of my favorite verses in this passage is, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Either the hard times or good times with God, he will always be here for you, ready to listen to you.
This also tells me what us as Christians should do, this stands out me in verse 16-19.

This is what I got from this passage......see you on saturday!
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down