Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hebrews 10 Sept 23

5 posters

Go down

Hebrews 10 Sept 23 Empty Hebrews 10 Sept 23

Post  Kevin Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:19 pm

It is now Friday.
York Region has a PA day this Friday.
Esther and Jennifer, Do you have a PA day this Friday?
Didn't think so.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Hebrews 10 Sept 23 Empty Re: Hebrews 10 Sept 23

Post  josephpaik Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 pm

HAHA
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:26 am

16 “This is the new covenant I will make
with my people on that day, says the LORD:
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds

The two parts of this passage that stuck out to me was the putting the laws in our hearts, and laws being written in our minds. The law being written in our minds means that we will remember the laws but that doesn't always mean we'll abide by them. That's where the law in our hearts comes in. God puts the laws in our hearts solely so that we have the will to obey them. Not just to know them, but to truly understand and follow it.

17 Then he says,
“I will never again remember
their sins and lawless deeds.”

18 And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices.

God doesn't want to remember our sins because we're forgiven anyways, so why would he dwell on them? This is so applicable to our lives because it's so hard for us to turn the other cheek. If the deed is done, and all is well, why do we continue to show hatred, unforgivingness? There really is no point because we can just let go of the past.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:04 am

Oh my goOoooooooooodness, today was so tiring. I'm even too lazy to go on the computer! Anyway! My cold is going away and I'll have my voice by tomorrow! Very Happy (y)
But anywaaaaaaaaaaaay!

3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

And

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

I found this kind of interesting! I always hear "God will wash away all your sins!" And not to worry because he clears away everything.
But these verses are different! They say, no amount of sacrificing is going to completely wash away your sins. Or else, things would be so easy! ...Like, too easy!

I guess it's kind of a reminder not to be so carefree after/before sinning just because you can ask for forgiveness! Don't take it for granted!

Yepyep! That's what I got! Razz So I shall see youy all tomorrow! Or tosay actually! Goooodnigt! Loool (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:28 am

sorry for not posting yesterday, my internet was down :/
UH i have a sore throat Sad sigh!
hopefully itll be gone in the morning Smile hehe
8 First, Christ said, “You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings or burnt offerings or other offerings for sin, nor were you pleased with them” (though they are required by the law of Moses).
what i got from this verse was that no matter ho hard we try, and even if we givve the best of what we have to God for offering, we will still not reach God's standards. I know this because even back then, there must have been people who wanted to give God thier all, yet God was still unpleased. God is that high above us. Im not saying that God just dislikes everything we bring to him, no thats not the case, bcasue in the bible, it says that he loves the poor womans offering of a dollar more than the rich mans offering of 1000 because the woman was offering the majority of her life savings. God knows on what premise you give your offering, and how much of your heart is actually in it. And since Jesus gave the ultimate sacrifice, i think that he lifts the burden being unable to please God with our offerings? i think that made sense.
overall i just thought that we should give eberything we do for Gpd (which should be everything) our all, because thats even less than he deserves. im going to try to remember that to help me worship God with my actions Smile
im going to collapse im so tired aha night guys
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:05 am

Still hating Strep...... -_-

I haven't gotten anything myself by reading this chapter. Iunno if it's just me but this chapter is actually pretty hard to understand. But one thing i'm gonna to is read yours and try to have a better understanding of it. most of you guys are sleeping but i'll see you guys in the morning
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down