Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 11 11 11

3 posters

Go down

11 11 11 11 Empty 11 11 11 11

Post  dennis Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:28 am

Jesus wept. (verse 35)

I think this is the first time I've seen Jesus cry. I still don't know what to make of it, but, once again, his love for us is apparent, and this verse really stuck out during my reading.

From reading this passage, I realized that we put up barriers when God desires to do something amazing and perhaps unexpected, in our lives. When Jesus was going to raise Lazarus from the dead, he told people to take away the stone that was covering the entrance to the cave. Hesitating, Martha said, "But, Lord, by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days." She wasn't sure if removing the stone was a good idea, and didn't really trust or follow Jesus immediately. Likewise, when I feel like God is leading me to an unexpected pathway, I'm often unsure and unwilling. This is a barrier I put up in God's plan for my life. He's the only one who knows everything in the course of my life, yet I can't seem to put all things in His hands and just believe. However, once we take that leap of faith, and put our whole-hearted trust in Him, I believe that we can encounter miracles in our lives.

As kind of a tangent, I wanted to say just one thing...

Because praise team over the last few years had its highs and lows, and wasn't really consistent spiritually and musically, Roh, Hannah and I really wanted to make praise team this year different. We brainstormed ideas and got excited all by ourselves. In the midst of all this anxiousness, I had my own doubts about what God can possibly do to stretch this team. I wasn't entirely sure if I would be consistent as a leader, being in Grade 12, and if all the members of our team could share a burning passion for praise. These hesitations were definitely keeping me from trusting in God. Despite these insecurities, after Blue Mountain, my faith in God and in our praise team grew so so much. From then on, God started to do amazing things in our team, or shall I say family. I think we all know that each one of us has grown spiritually and is starting to improve musically as well. Not only that, we're so much more organized than the last years, and we are all passionate about Friday's and Sunday's.

I know that was a bit cheesey, but I just wanted to take the time to say that God's already been moving in our praise team, and I'm sure that He will keep doing his thaang for us.
I guess we're a bit awesome. Very Happy
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

11 11 11 11 Empty Re: 11 11 11 11

Post  Roh Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:27 pm

"As kind of a tangent, I wanted to say just one thing...

Because praise team over the last few years had its highs and lows, and wasn't really consistent spiritually and musically, Roh, Hannah and I really wanted to make praise team this year different. We brainstormed ideas and got excited all by ourselves. In the midst of all this anxiousness, I had my own doubts about what God can possibly do to stretch this team. I wasn't entirely sure if I would be consistent as a leader, being in Grade 12, and if all the members of our team could share a burning passion for praise. These hesitations were definitely keeping me from trusting in God. Despite these insecurities, after Blue Mountain, my faith in God and in our praise team grew so so much. From then on, God started to do amazing things in our team, or shall I say family. I think we all know that each one of us has grown spiritually and is starting to improve musically as well. Not only that, we're so much more organized than the last years, and we are all passionate about Friday's and Sunday's."

Thanks, Denise! I think that's really encouraging for every one of us and makes us want to try even harder in every area.

Very Happy
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

11 11 11 11 Empty Re: 11 11 11 11

Post  Steven.Hong Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:46 am

HAHA denise wow time goes soo fast doesnt it
it felt like we met yesterday