Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans Chapter 3 (July 20)

2 posters

Go down

Romans Chapter 3 (July 20) Empty Romans Chapter 3 (July 20)

Post  JacobPk Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:36 am

a
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Romans Chapter 3 (July 20) Empty Re: Romans Chapter 3 (July 20)

Post  julian Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:48 pm

I'll get back to you guys tomorrow! I HAVE done the devos, but being busy for this festival, combined with work and with time to bus as well as doing other family work seems to be getting in the way of time. I'll post some stuff on my BlackBerry and hopefully get it to you guys tonight!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:05 pm

I don't know if this is just me, but I personally feel that I've understood a little too easily about Romans thus far, having read through the book many times - yes, a good reminder, but I don't feel too very up to it, to be honest...

Chapter 3 makes it pretty clear that the law (God's commands, in a sense) were targeted towards all believers, Jew or Gentile - the clean and the unclean - regardless of social standing or class, God wanted to make it clear that all who are still unrighteous and are still mortal are all under the law. Despite that the Jews had a better position for God, they are still judged accordingly (Paul makes it clear in that they were entrusted with God's spoken words!)

Verse 8 was interesting, almost a reminder - and certainly not a good one, at that. Do we all have an excuse to deliberately commit evil? (And by that, I mean evil towards God - displeasing God) If we deliberately commit evil, does it mean that at the end of the day, will God always save us? Well, I don't think I'm so sure of the answer - what I do know is that God WILL intervene when it's necessary, and I'm certain that it'll probably not be the kindest intervention. God can use punishment if necessary, which is how God makes righteous fear - being in awe of his power. It almost reminded me that we should always remember WHO is in power and control - that being God.

Otherwise, there wasn't too much from this chapter; much of it is understandable.

See you guys soon!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down