Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 23 June 2nd

5 posters

Go down

Luke 23 June 2nd Empty Luke 23 June 2nd

Post  Kevin Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 23 June 2nd Empty Re: Luke 23 June 2nd

Post  Kevin Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:44 pm

40 But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die? 41 We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.” 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”

43 And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

What the other criminal said in this passage truly amazed me. His world was literally coming to an end. They were being crucified, being put to death, tortured, spat at, and when it seemed like all hope was lost for him, he put his faith in to Jesus and the heavenly kingdom. This man was special out of many others. While others said, If you truly are God, save yourself. The righteous criminal (Kind of ironic...haha) pretty much said, when I come to heaven, please remember me. For me, this man's faith was truly incredible and he wasn't a follower, he was being a leader. He didn't follow what everyone else was saying, he was sharing his thoughts of his morals and truly making a stand. Hopefully, we can learn a bit from this man.

Yeahh, see you guys this Saturday!
get excited for the praise night!

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:49 pm

caught up...

9 When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened.
These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.

When i read this i thought of May 21st is it? when the world was supposed to end.
I think it was Martin that told our Ohana group this.
If they is a stated date on when the world will end, it is not true because when Jesus Christ comes back, that is when the world will end. But who knows when Jesus will come again? Nobody. So i thought about it and im like 2012? nah, cause it just so happens that 9/11 date and japan tsunami date added equals december something 2012. So its kinda scary.
But dont believe it guys because no one knows when Jesus is gonna come because he is unpredictable.
and later in the chapter it says, there will be earthquakes, etc.
Those are bound to happen, that means we are continuing and taking 1 step closer to meeting Christ.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:10 am

Hey guys... I didn't get much from today's chapter... There wasn't much really to relate to because its mostly just events that happened. It is one of the most important chapters, but there's not very much to actually learn from it because it's in a narration format, so sorry... I didn't get anything...
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:04 am

i think that this chapter was just a very good reminder to read over and ponder about what Jesus really did for us and to imagine being in his place. honestly though, i didnt learn anything new, but this story is so filled with passion and emotion that it is refreshing to read and gives me more pprespective on life.
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 am

Woooo, it has been such a hectic week! SLDKVJSLKVJD
I swear, without God, my life would be spiraling out of control right now.
And so, here is my devo!

18 But the whole crowd shouted, "Away with this man! Release Barabbas to us!" 19 (Barabbas had been thrown into prison for an insurrection in the city, and for murder.)

This verse shows just how much we will do to avoid realizing our sins. We'd crucify an innocent man and free a murderer just so we don't have to face the consequences of our sins.

31 For if people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?"

If people were so distrusting when the son of God was right in front of them, then what would they be like if he wasn't there? I'm sure they'd have been much worse. We are always asking God to give us a sign or show himself, but if that ever happened, we'd never believe it.
I think I read once, it was a book of "conversations with God" or something. Basically, in that book, there is a person who's talking to God. In one incident, the person asks, "Why don't you even show yourself?" and I think "God" answered that there isn't really a point because no one would believe he was God/Jesus if they saw him and so, he shows us his love in different ways.

Sorry if I went off point a few times, haha. I'm still a little overwhelmed with all these projects and so my brain hasn't been working as per usual, these days.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down