Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 29th

+4
DunNo
julian
josephpaik
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

May 29th Empty May 29th

Post  Kevin Sun May 29, 2011 11:18 am

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

May 29th Empty Re: May 29th

Post  Kevin Sun May 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Hey guys!
Great job today yall!

What I got from today's sermon was the analogy of the mother giving birth to the baby. No matter what pain the mom went through, it didn't matter when she gave life to a baby. In the same way, Jesus bore a ridiculous amount of pain for us to give us life. A new life, a spiritual life. To him, it doesn't matter how much pain he went through because he loves us so much. I liked the example given in today's sermon because it shows us a great understanding of what Jesus is like. We can always keep this in mind in our lives, that Jesus has an uncoditional amount of love for us.

Good night!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sun May 29, 2011 11:38 pm

I honestly didnt get much from pastor moses. but i got more from Bomi.
She said it was really hard to find the answers to all ehr questions and to go on misisons trips are supposed to bring you closer to God, but Bomi said that it drifted her more apart.
So i really think that missions is a real challenge but a very good experience for us. I recommend we go to Moosedeer if you guys want!
Bomi said that even though she didnt find all the answers, she knows she will eventually.
I think that is 100% true because Jesus wont just stay with you one moment then leave you the next. He will always be tehre with you
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon May 30, 2011 12:06 am

Oh wow, I was wondering where we were supposed to post..... -___- So I ended up making 2 more discussion topics. Kevin, can you delete those? Sorry........ >__>

I'll focus a little bit when Moses was talking about the portion that 'A little while and you will no longer see me; again a little while and you will see me'. At first it didn't really make sense, but I realized after about this: In the short run, the Israelites weren't going to see Jesus when he left - because he would have went on to heaven, but in the afterlife - far ahead, THAT is where we would see Jesus. The Israelites' sorrow was turned into Joy, and as Moses pointed out, God's providence came into play. He transformed evil into good and continued to preserve the world as he always does!

Bomi's testimony was interesting too, and it would be great to keep her in our prayers - as she feels a little separated from God, from what she said.

A key thing that Bomi said was this: You get lost to be found. That's what I currently am reflecting on...

Take care guys.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Mon May 30, 2011 12:16 am

Today's sermon was a lot about pain, but also the things that come after it. Jesus told us we'll have to go through pain in our lives, but he also said that the gain we get after will be beyond imagination. Like the illustrations Moses gave, our pain will almost be unbearable, but our rewards for bearing it will be great. Remember how good the plain porridge tasted after the 30 hour famine? It was hard to fast, no doubt, but that pain helped us realize that we should be thankful that we can have what we need. What Jesus is saying is that not only will we learn to be thankful, but we will receive more than before and that's amazing. After all, Jesus wouldn't put us in pain so he can have fun. In the end, who is it the best for? Jesus gives us suffering so we can cherish joy. He gives us pain, so we can experience pleasure. God always has our best wishes in mind when he puts us through trials so don't be disheartened by spiritual pain, but instead use it to get closer to him.

Good job today guys. We sounded awesome.... but Billy dropped his drumsticks a lot. LOL.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon May 30, 2011 12:35 am

Hello everyone Smile good job today!!

So like Joseph, I didn't get a lot from the sermon... At first I didn't really see the point to what Moses was trying to get at with the giving birth thing and stuff.... But in the end i also got that Jesus went through so much pain and suffering so that we could be saved. And after it was all done, Jesus was just so happy that we were all save now ~ let's not let his sacrifice waste away, let's really try to walk in His footsteps, and cross that bridge to God in heaven... Because before it was impossible to reach the other side, but Jesus made it possible for us to cross over Smile

I really like Bomi's testimony in the sense that it was REALLY honest!
No one can be always happy and always growing ALL the time. There will be times of struggle, spiritual depression and it will feel lik we're at a spiritual standstill. When you feel like you're frozen whereyou are... It's actually the most frustrating feeling EVER.. I've been there and I was always so confused and frustrated.. I've never felt like God, wasn't there, and I hope none of you ever think that God abandoned you because sometimes it may seem like it, but He is ALWAYS there! But remember that God will help you grow. He is the Gardener and we are like the plants in his garden... We will grow, but we will grow in season. My mentor taught me that when I felt like I was stuck in point in time.
Anyways, I really hope that you all have a good week, and I encourage you all to go to moosedeer! It is really a trip to remember, God worked through a lot of us and I've witness God's work in action at that reserve Smile take a step forward and help God plant new seeds into the hearts of these people, so that the holy spirit can work within the people at this reserve too Smile I wish I could go with you guys... But I'm in Korea for missions.
Hahaha at the end of august I guess we'll be hearing a lot of testimonies!!! Start praying now, for the missions, for eachother, and for the people of God living wherever we are going~ trust me, prayer can make that much of a difference!

And remember that if any of you are struggling.. That you always have people to turn to and share your struggles with Smile that's what this praise team is for, we're a family Very Happy talking to someon can make a big difference... I learned that too, I hated venting... Felt like no one would understand, or like I was burdening the other person.but talking to another person can really make things easier and will help you overcome it Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon May 30, 2011 12:52 am

heyyy i think that today bomis testimony kinda fit with moses' sermon today. Moses basically said that the pain we endure now brings joy for later. and many things in life correspond to the phrase! i liked that. And what bomi was talking about was her struggle to find God. haha i accidentally wrote Golld woops
anyways its a real life example of what hardships we might go through and how if you feel lost, its a horrible feeling. Yeni said today that to her, when she can't find God, honestly,it's depression for her. I thought about this and i realized that this is true. Without God in your life there is no joy and there is no hope or light. Its depression,. But bomi siad after that she knows that God will be looking for her, she has peace that shes done all she can, now shes waiting for God. It shows how faith in God will help us always. She has faith that God still loves her, that she just got lost like a sheep and her shepard is looking for her now! it was inspirational and refreshing from most of the other testimonies people give.
thats all for today guyss night!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon May 30, 2011 12:54 am

i also agree with joseph! challenges are good for us because essentially, it brings us closer to God and thats when God really shows himself to us! like weve learned before, if life had no struggles, we would realy on ourselves. which we know doesnt work!
which kinda connects to Grace's last paragraph Smile i agree with that too. Keeping stuff bottled up will only cause u stress and it feels looadddsss better just letting it all out to people you trust. kk night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon May 30, 2011 12:59 am

Hey guys, dropped my stick twice today during our setlist today. Soo sad

Well, One the thing that REALLY stood out to me was when Bomi said, "We only get lost to be found again."
And it really woke me up today cuz that's exactly what I was trying to tell you guys for months. If you guys
remember all my devos, It was all about being lost and being found, being dead and being alive again. And I was
very glad to hear that Bomi understood that and altho she told us about how she was lost and she felt that
God left during the mission trip, just knowing that Bomi is looking to be found again got me glad. Just like what
moses said about giving birth, the mother will go to agonizing pain but in the end she'll be smiling because the
pain was worth it. Being lost is just a part of our Journey in life. That's all I got to say
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon May 30, 2011 11:52 pm

Yay! I have my phone and my keyboard back! (:
Sorry, I'm posting so late, guys. I didn't know there was a second page.

Uhm, what I got was that everyone, at least once, has made the mistake of doing something in "the name of God" when it wasn't what God had wanted, if you guys get that. I also got the analogy of how like mothers, who suffer so much pain for their children, God had to suffer for us as well and even through all the suffering, he still loves us.

Otherwise, you guys said it all sooo, I'll post my devo now!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down