Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 17 - May 25.

+2
Grace
julian
6 posters

Go down

Luke 17 - May 25. Empty Luke 17 - May 25.

Post  julian Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Keep up with devotions, guys! Let's do this together! Very Happy
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Luke 17 - May 25. Empty Re: Luke 17 - May 25.

Post  Grace Wed May 25, 2011 10:21 pm

you guys......... i am constantly reminded why i chose to stay single.... like today..... ughhhh jerkkkkkkkk Sad

10And that's how it should be with you. When you've done all you should, then say, "We are merely servants, and we have simply done our duty."
We dont need extra praise so that we can be glorified. We are not any more special than the person next to us because we did all of our work and did all that God asked. BECAUSE all the glory goes back to God Smile We must stay humble and be satisfied that we have served others, just as Jesus did while he was still with us on earth. For if we want to go to heaven, we must first make ourselves servants and put ourselves after others.
It's hard... its not as easy as it sounds on paper. When we really have to act it out, when it really counts, it can be a struggle to put our pride aside and do a servants work.

17Jesus asked, "Weren't ten men healed? Where are the other nine? 18Why was this foreigner the only one who came back to thank God?" 19Then Jesus told the man, "You may get up and go. Your faith has made you well."
This really stood out to me. How many times have we just walked away and didnt realize that we didnt thank God for what he had done for us???? Sometimes we walk right by his miracles and good deeds... and we just... go on with our lives. But lets remember to really take the time to thank God! Smile It's the least we can do~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed May 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Hey all! Today's been an interesting day in itself... I was rejected for my first and second choices (UT and Queen's), but admitted for my third - Laurier! Smile I hope to prospectively earn an Honours BBA... and it really made me think about why I got rejected for those top 2 (seeing as I had an average). But hey, time will tell... right?

There's a little hint in this chapter that talks about rebuking our brothers and sisters - it makes me think of whether the purpose is truly to condemn or rather to protect - and to do so out of love for God. However, it almost seems as if it's what we see on the exterior of a person as opposed to their inner qualities - we aren't asked to judge - as WE should be - but to rebuke and to pray, to repent together as a whole.

Rather, that little section told me that repentance isn't simply just saying a sorry or I apologize... it's really asking for forgiveness, not just thinking, and to almost think of it that our last minute when realizing our sins could be the last minute of each and every one of our lives... and that made me reflect quite a bit as to how we live our lives in this worship lifestyle - as Jacob pointed out one time to live as if it'd be our last day with God.

The main thing that I'm currently reflecting on is the portion (21) which says that the kingdom of God is among us.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed May 25, 2011 10:57 pm

julian! God's making it all happen for a reason Smile im sure laurier will be AWESOME if thats where youre headed Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed May 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Hey guys. Sorry for the inconsistencies on posting my devo's but I'm actually 10 gig over my reg. bandwidth... parents are being strict with the whole family's internet use. Just know I'm following along with you guys at home.

17 Jesus said, "Were not ten healed? Where are the nine?18 Can none be found to come back and give glory to God except this outsider?"19 Then he said to him, "Get up. On your way. Your faith has healed and saved you."

So this is one of the more famous parts of the bible (famous as in it was used in sunday school and stuff...), but it's really important to reflect on. The sick are not the only ones who needed healing, and we still need it ourselves, but why are we so quick to receive and reluctant to thank? I know that I don't thank God as much as I should for all he's given me. In a way, we are all sick in the sense that we are not completely healed. We still sin against God day to day, and usually think nothing of those sins. When we come to our senses, we beg for his forgiveness and he gladly offers it, but after that, I personally don't think I thank him enough. When he tries his best to heal our pains and mend our wrongdoings, we don't even seem to acknowledge it. We are as sick as those leper's. We need the healing that only God provides, but after all the benefits we receive, we never run back and give glory to him. I think it's important that we always have a thankful heart, always being reminded of how much we should be thankful for all God has given us.

Good night. and btw, are we doing devo's on friday and not on sat. now?
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu May 26, 2011 12:05 am

Jeremy, to answer your question. We only don't do devos on the forum WHEN we have practices
So yeah, since we will be doing devos as a team on Saturdays, we'll be doing devos on the forum on Fridays.

4 Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.”

Haha I thought this teaching was great and something to share! After reading this passage, it made me realize that this is EXACTLY what God does everyday. Everyday we sin, and time to time we ask for forgiveness and God forgives us every single time. It clearly states in this passage that no matter how many times someone turns against you and asks forgiveness and whether that happens continuously, we must STILL forgive. Haha, I would think that this will get on our nerves if someone kept on going against us day after day, same thing again and again. But think of it like this, God goes through that all the time, by EVERYONE. We all constantly commit the same sin to him when at the same time, we ask for repentance. We pretty much slap God in the face every time we repeat the same sin because he forgives us yet we only let him down. From reading this, I learned that if God has the heart to forgive so many people of our so many sins, we can do the same.

17 Jesus asked, “Didn’t I heal ten men? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” 19 And Jesus said to the man, “Stand up and go. Your faith has healed you

In this story, Jesus healed 10 people yet only 1/10 of the people came and thanked God and proclaimed his faith to him. Of all the things that Jesus does in our lives, we don't give him anywhere near the thanks and gratitude that he truly deserves. In this situation, he healed them. But then he died on the cross and SAVED everyone. Isn't that such a greater act of love? He did something for us that there's nothing we can do to repay him. What we can do is worship him, live for him, and give him the thanks that he deserves.

Yeeeeee
Good night!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu May 26, 2011 12:45 am

Guys, I just got home from the Arts Night at our school. We got free food, but overall it was pretty exhausting!
Also, I have a test I just found out about that I have to study for. :S
Sorry, I'll make sure to do tomorrow's devo!
Goodnight, you guys!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon May 30, 2011 11:46 pm

So in this chapter it was pretty straight forward.
1......Thigns that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come.
2 it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.
This is basically saying that sin is probably the worst thing you can do.
Killing yourself is even higher up in the good/bad scale than sin is.
Later on in the chapter it says how to a sinner, if they repent, forgive them
If a man that sins 7 times a day but later repents, forgive him.
This represents that no matter how big of a sinner you are, God will always accept you with open arms.
But this doesnt mean just go around sinning all over the place. Try to be like God.
Very Happy
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down