Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 6 May 10

+2
DunNo
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Luke 6 May 10 Empty Luke 6 May 10

Post  Kevin Mon May 09, 2011 1:16 am

asd
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 6 May 10 Empty Re: Luke 6 May 10

Post  DunNo Tue May 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Hey guys... I'm feeling kinda down for reasons unexplainable... hope i feel better tomorrow...

You're blessed when you've lost it all.
God's kingdom is there for the finding.
You're blessed when you're ravenously hungry.
Then you're ready for the Messianic meal.

You're blessed when the tears flow freely.
Joy comes with the morning.

So what I got from this is that we have to learn to empty our cups. We cannot receive blessing if we feel full of it. As soon as we take Jesus' love for granted, we lose it. After reading all that stuff in Romans about God choosing his followers, I realized that I really am lucky to have been chosen. But if we take that privilege for granted, just know nobody had to give it in the first place. In everything, there is an initial feeling. The honeymoon period. A new relationship, a new instrument, a new whatever, but the important part about the honeymoon period, the period where you cherish everything, the period where you feel like you're blessed, is that it will wear out. Our initial encounters with Christ was important. It started our relationships with him and essentially the honeymoon. We feel great about it. We know we're so lucky and that there's nothing we would trade for it, but as things go, that wears out, but every time it does wear out, we have a chance to regain that. Each time we do, we get closer to him and our relationship becomes stronger. Renewing that honeymoon is proof that the relationship is real. It's proof that it exists and that it has and will keep standing the test of time. So don't feel down if Christ doesn't feel close. Take that as an opportunity to get closer.

Good night guys.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 am

this week has been so brutal so far...
i got 2 burns that are looking pretty gross right now, me and my mom got into a fight and i have a big test and inclass isu coming up :S jeeeeeeeeeeeez. HAHA

all of these miracles Jesus is performing..
i think that overall
it thought me to have faith and trust in Him.
We can be so weak in faith sometimes, questionning everything before doing it.
but if we truly put our faith/trust in Christ, than nothing is possible.
My cousin has the gift of healing and its amazing because his faith is so strong. Nothing shakes it... and he truly believes that Christ will heal the sick and injured. When he says "in the name of Jesus Christ," and then prays.. and the person becomes healed, its the most amazing thing.
I pray that we will all, also have unbreakable faith, and confidence in our God Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed May 11, 2011 12:29 am

Hey all, I'm back on the forum..
Unfortunately, I got a whole lot from reading this, but my head's so tired from vectors that I think it might be garbage.
I'll post tomorrow (THIS TIME FOR SURE... >___>) as to why I've been, I guess, isolated...

Well, actually, now I'll share my thoughts. I'm not going to get THAT much more sleep anyway. (Rehearsal tomorrow at 7:30 haha, then after I've got a vectors test, then conducting parts for a jazz combo and then preparation for a jazz choir... I hate Wednesdays.)

An interesting thing I see that Jesus does is ask the group of Israelites whether it's lawful to do good or evil, to save life or destroy it, particularly on the Sabbath day. An interesting way to think about this is whether we should maintain that 'holy, restful' attitude daily as opposed to one day... and you know, is Jesus really so strict about the laws? Yes, the old testament is still rock solid as it is today - nothing can change that - but is following law more important than following God? What might be lawful might not be what God actually intends, I guess.

I'll post a little more tomorrow.. Mad tired. T__T
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed May 11, 2011 12:42 am

this passage kinda scared me! i dunno really what it means because its saying that people who are happy and prosperous now will be sorrowful in the end, and people who are sorrowful and excluded now will be the happiest at the end! does that mean were not allowed to be happy or cant strive to be rich? Sad im confused guys! haha
then the next part i understand but it goes on ssaying how we should do everything that they want us to do// so are they telling us to be a pushover? Sad
32 “If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! 33 And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much! 34 And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, why should you get credit? Even sinners will lend to other sinners for a full return.
i liked these verses though Smile they explain the significance of loving our neighbours and i think its a great challenge to go for, for anyone
this passage had many analogys that i liked Smile they were just reminders, todays devo i didnt learn anything new, but i got reminded of things ive already learned, however i got kinda confused at the beginning of it :s
anywhoo! ill see yall laterrr Smile night!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed May 11, 2011 1:24 am

21 God blesses you who are hungry now,
for you will be satisfied.
God blesses you who weep now,
for in due time you will laugh.

This verse showed a lot of how God cares for us. He provides and tends to our every need and sometimes we may nor even realize it. For all who are hungry, God will satisfy us, for all who are upset, god will lift up our chin. God is the one who watches us and our everymove and everytime we're down, he picks us back up. We all should acknowledge what a loving God that our God is the one who loves us when we feel like no one else does. When we feel like that no one s there for us, God is always there waiting to help us.

37 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven.

I'm sure we all hear the saying treat others the way you would want to be treated yourself and I thought that was a good comparison for this passage. If you don't want to be judged, don't judge. If you want to be forgiven, forgive others as well. A little thing I wanted to point out was that we often find it easy to judge but we don't find it easy to BE judged. Before judging one another, we should always remember that story where the men were stoning the prostitute and Jesus said, let only the one without sin throw the first stone. Everyone walked away because there was not one person who was wiwthout sin. This to me, was the greatest example. Since we all fall short of the glory of God, who are we to judge others? Just because we sin LESS than others, does that mean we gain the right to judge? Of course not because as logn as there is sin in our lives, we're put on the same level as anyone else.

Good night everyboooody.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed May 11, 2011 11:51 pm

I read over chapter 6 and i thought the most important part was when Jesus spoke to his disciples.

20 Looking at his disciples, he said:
Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
22Blessed are you when men hate you,
when they exclude you
and insult you and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.

Basically, what Jesus is saying is that if you suffer for the sake of God, good will come to you through God.
i was reading these verses and it jsut reminded me of Yours is the kingdom.
sick song!
Listen to it Very Happy

"because you are the son of man"
before this phrase, it stated all the bad things that can happen to you, but i think it said that because
it shows that you are son of Man.
Which is God, he is our Father and we should live as a son of Him.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down