Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 15th May 2nd

+2
julian
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Proverbs 15th May 2nd Empty Proverbs 15th May 2nd

Post  Kevin Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:55 pm

If you didn't understand the Korean jokes in the previous topics, go see a doctor please.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 15th May 2nd Empty Re: Proverbs 15th May 2nd

Post  julian Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Hey guys. I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday for the Sunday reflection, I didn't seem to have a whole lot of time... things were quite rushy yesterday! D: I am posting today, however... voting seemed to go pretty fast actually... and my first time too.
French presentation with slackers tomorrow.... quite worried! D: Anyway...

22 Plans fail for lack of counsel,
but with many advisers they succeed.

This is one of the things that's making me reflect a whole lot. In a spiritual sense, this is incredibly powerful... we by ourselves are weak, I'm sure most of us have experienced that. I mean, depending on yourself without God's help really puts us so vulnerable to Satan. What happens to God's plans, as I always love talking about? Well, they fail because we don't continue to seek God's love, his wisdom, pretty much everything. And we're all called to seek God no matter how far we are, because in the end, we all fall short of the glory of God...

If we continue to seeking God, then really we gain so much benefit from it... and that alone made me reflect quite a bit from what I also talked about on Friday.

Take care guys.

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon May 02, 2011 11:56 pm

3 The Lord is watching everywhere,
keeping his eye on both the evil and the good.

This verse made me realize that all the actions we do, good or bad are seen by the Lord. God doesn't only see us for our good actions and doesn't just bless us for them. He is always watching and sees everything we do so we should all keep in mind that God see's us for our bad deeds and live accordingly to it.

I've also noticed recently that these past chapters talk a lot about a fool hating discipline. I thought that this was a great message to everyone because without discipline, it's harder for all of us to grow. By hating discipoline, we're actually stoppiung ourselves from growing closer to God. Disicipline iis something we all need and could always use.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue May 03, 2011 12:30 am

3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

This is pretty straight forward. But i felt i needed to emphasize this verse. The Lord is watching everything we do. Bad or Good. I think he watches us more strictly when we are in the state of doing bad. So that he knows what we do and what we dont do and keep track of us. Even though sin is nature, it is always best to try to do good instead of let nature take its place and rule you.

16 Better a little with the fear of the Lord
then great wealth with turmoil.

This means that, even with nothing and no care in the world, you should always be scared of the Lord. Even though you have freedom and nothing and no one to please, you should still live for God because then he will love you more and you dont know what God can do to you if you dont keep his words. If you are rich, it is much harder to be a believer of Christ. You are like your own God. Lots of money, you think you rule the world. But with great wealth, comes greater turmoil. Which means kinda like consequences. BE TRUE TO GOD.

bye
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue May 03, 2011 12:36 am

Like Kevin pointed out, Ive been noticing a lot about discipline too.
We need to discipline ourselves (spiritual discipline) and make sure that we grow with a good foundation and the right guidance. These spiritual disciplines will help you build the foundation of your faith and will really help you on your spiritual journey in the long run Smile
I recommend you all read the book "the life you've always wanted" by John ortberg. AMAZING book about spiritual disciplines. I learned a Lot from it and I'm still in the middle of reading it myself for like the 3rd time :p it takes time to build up to it, but there's a lot of good tips and explanations Smile

hope you all had good starts to your weeks~ personally, I was falling asleep in all of my classes :s better sleep right after this :p
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue May 03, 2011 12:42 am

Hey guys. I'm really happy 'cuz I got a lot from the chapter, but I'll just share one verse cuz its getting late and im tired...

8 God can't stand pious poses,
but he delights in genuine prayers.

In this verse, it reminded me of how important it is to pray with a meaningful heart. When we pray, we should never do it for the sake of doing it, so that we can look good, but it should always be genuine and from our hearts. Like said before, a prayer is a conversation with God and just complaining to him, then just leaving him would be dumb. We should always listen back for what he says to us, becuase none of what he says will ever be bad for us. After complaining to him, he'll always want to answer back. We should take the time to listen to what he has to say and always act upon the advice because, after all, only you loose if you don't act out on your own.

Umm... im kinda tired so... if i have anything to add tomorrow, i'll ... so good night...
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue May 03, 2011 1:17 am

Guys, something just came up. I'll post tomorrow. sorry. see you guys on friday.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed May 04, 2011 12:13 am

I found that this chapter talked a lot about correction and being wise.

1 A gentle answer deflects anger,
but harsh words make tempers flare.

This is pretty relevant in my life as of right now. If you stay calm and talk things through, you'll be able to calm the other person and get a better solution out of it, over all.
It's never good to explode at others. When I read that verse, the first thing that popped into my mind was how we were like with teachers in middle school. I don't know about you guys but I was a haaandful. Hahaha. Some teachers saw me at my best, because they were able to handle be at my worst but some just never saw that side of me.
Anyway, I guess that's all I've got! BYE PROVERBS!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down