Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 11 April 26th

+3
DunNo
julian
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Proverbs 11 April 26th Empty Proverbs 11 April 26th

Post  Kevin Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Who do you call in the states to carry your luggage?

"JIM" Carrey
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 11 April 26th Empty Re: Proverbs 11 April 26th

Post  julian Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Hey guys... I'm feeling awful right now, have a reallly bad cold.
I'm going to continue keeping up with you guys but not on the forum, I'm feeling reaally really bad.

Please pray for my illness...
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Hey guys. Doing devo's on Proverbs is getting quite labourous. I'm no longer gaining anything beyond a surface message. I've learned a lot from Proverbs, no question, but it seems to be repetitive and the messages are very practical, allowing for no deep reflection. Because devo's were based on what was learned in the chapter and then how I can apply it to my life, I find Proverbs very hard to relate to deeply because it is a book of application. So sorry. I don't have much to say today.
Good night guys.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Hey Julian hope you feel better soon

18 Evil people get rich for the moment,
but the reward of the godly will last.

What I got from this verse was that the things in this world such as money, fame, and all that other stuff is only for the moment. The things of this world are not things that we can take up to heaven with us. But the blessing of God are the things that we can cherish and hold on to forever and it'll be everlasting. I think we should all try to concentrate less on the things of this world and more of the things that are to come!

25 The generous will prosper;
those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

From reading this verse, it really reminded me that God will reward us when we help others. Like the average person, we'll probably tend to our own needs rather then the needs of someone else. The reason behind this is that because we feel that it will be much more beneficial to help ourselves rather than to help someone else but even when we don't feel like we are rewarded for our selfless deeds, God will reward us when the time has come.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:58 pm

Proverbs is a good book but im only getting a little each chapter is it possible to change the book? i want a more stronger message o.o

Chapter 11

4Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath,
but righteousness delivers from death.

This is a really clear message but i wanted to emphasize it for all of us.
If you are rich and wealthy, it wont help you when the time comes for you to die. If we you help others with your wealth it is just an extra bonus for to live in Gods way. But by the end of it all, if you are not righteous and a non believer of Christ. You will truly be delivered into hell. I believe that we should all live and be righteous in Gods eyes because if so, you will be a true believer and be accepted into his arms.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:33 am

ESTHER I HOPE YOURE FEELING BETTER!
JULIAN I HOPE YOURE FEELING BETTER TOOO! 5 The godly are directed by honesty;
the wicked fall beneath their load of sin.
i liked this verse because it says how we are led by honesty of God, this gives us many advantages. Since we are led by God, and the wicked are led by their sin or move forward because of their sin, once they become stuck, they wont have any wehre to go, the devil likes sin, however, he will not help people out of his goodwill. he has no goodwill! but godly move forward due to their honest and righteous acts and intentions. even if they get stuck, people will want to help an honest man, God is alwys there with them, and they wont have short lasted joy.
It reminds me that though the path with God will be torturous, it will be tough and we will suffer, there is always a way, we won't suffer in the end, while the wicked become stuck and tangled in thier sin, with no way out. if they dont want God's help, God can't help them. no one will! :S
i think this verse pretty much sums up this chapter haha i did what i klearned about this and then read the rest of the chapter and was like woaaahhh :O
soooo yeah! its just another pick-me-up when you gfeel down or are going throught hard times i think Smile
night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:05 am

LOL, thanks Jenniferrr! (:
Agreeing with Joseph!
Anyway,

27 If you search for good, you will find favor;
but if you search for evil, it will find you!

Basically, I think this means whatever you look for in life, you can get. If you look for partying and drinking, you'll get that. If you look for a chance to do well in school, etcetc, you'll find it. Effort with get you places.

That's it.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:08 am

Hope you guys all feel better! Man everyones getting sick these days :s

I basically got that it is imporant to be honest and also it's wise to be humble.
I think that these 2 things really stood out to me because 1. It's good to have a constant reminder to stay humble.. And 2. Because whether it is honesty within your relationship with God or anyone else, it is soooo important to be honest instead of making things complicated and then worse with lies that tangle up with eachother, but even more, to build trust.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down