Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 9 April 23

+2
jennifer
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Proverbs 9 April 23 Empty Proverbs 9 April 23

Post  Kevin Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:26 pm

sdsd
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 9 April 23 Empty Re: Proverbs 9 April 23

Post  jennifer Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:45 pm

i really didnt get much from this devo, it's basically telling us about the good things abour being wise, and how the villian or the wicked will hurt you or insult you if you try to correct them, but the wise love you for correcting them and always learn more. its saying how we shouldnt reject correction and critisism, yet accept it because people aren't correcting you to insult you, or make you feel dumb, most of the time, and even if they are, you can alwasy have something good come out of it. all in all, it will only have a positive impact on you, so take advantage of it!
Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Sorry i havent been posting guys
i dont really have a good excuse but ive been really busy.
I read all the chapters though.

Proverbs 9
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of
wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy one is
understanding.

I think this means that when you grow to start to know who God is, fearing him and having doubts is the beginning of your journey with him. Its the start of gaining wisdom in him. HE will never let you go even though you have doubts.... he will always stay with you and bring you back whenever you are in doubt.
As you continue to grow, you find Jesus Christ and accept him whenever or wherever and thats a part of really understanding what he is doing your life and how is contributing to you and how you live. Its just a clear understanding of how God is bringing his glory upon everyone through you and your gift that you have in your life. Using your gift to fulfill lifes purpose is truly gaining the knowledge of God and using it.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:45 pm

I didn't really get anything different from this chapter.
I feel like, Proverbs is super repetitive and like Billy mentioned a while ago, a little too poetic.
Anyway, I can't find anything that stood out to me.
I'll see you guys tomorrow.
btw, how long is the confirmation thing?
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Hey guys. I gotta suit and everything so... yeaa. Good luck with your confirmation/baptisms!

Umm... today, I didn't get much from the chapter. It is very similar to the last chapter and what I got from it is that we always have to be wise. If we are wise, we can enjoy life, but neglecting it will make us suffer. In the Message version, it represents wisdom as Lady Wisdom, in essence, it explains that how we treat Lady Wisdom is how we're going to be treated back. For example, if we neglect her, she will neglect us. If we treat her badly, we will get the same. If wisdom comes with advantages, why would we want it to neglect us and treat us badly? Don't you think the fact that having wisdom on our side means good, means being on the bad side with wisdom would mean we have disadvantages? When as a person, have we been known to purposely disadvantage ourselves? Don't hurt yourself by refusing wisdom. It is a good thing, and so much good comes from it, so always embrace it and take advantage of the fact that it's being offered to you.

Good night guys, see you tomorrow!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:35 am

I apologize but I'm going to have to skip this one. I'm more focused on preparing things for tomorrow, especially making sure that it all goes smoothly... and that would include prayer.

Will catch up the following day.

Note: No Sunday reflection tomorrow, I suggest that rather than going on with Proverbs, we should take more of a day of prayer.... especially since it really is so powerful and that we all need to continue working on it; even I need to work on it! I learned a while back at another retreat that none of us read our bibles hard enough or pray hard enough - even the pastors and preachers. It's so vital! Smile

I was at a conference at another church, the one that really did make my foundation where it's at now, and their prayer really made me realize that I have a lot to work on, especially thinking about it. It was beyond my understanding, that's certain.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down