Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 8, April 21, 2011.

+3
Kevin
Grace
julian
7 posters

Go down

Proverbs 8, April 21, 2011. Empty Proverbs 8, April 21, 2011.

Post  julian Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Here. Will reply after reading.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 8, April 21, 2011. Empty Re: Proverbs 8, April 21, 2011.

Post  julian Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Pretty excellent day today. Am a little tired, but am looking forward to the weekend actually haha. I've got a conference to attend at another church this Saturday, and I'm pretty stoked for that too! Have a bit of work, but that's nothing since I can get that done tomorrow.... hopefully.

The main portion that I got from this passage was the idea of wisdom. Before I go on, I've been thinking to myself why Proverbs uses 'she' as a general figure or a general topic... I really want to figure out why haha. The main thing I see from wisdom is that, as verse 6 to 9 says, widsom is correct, true, righteousness, clear, and right to those who discover knowledge; wisdom hates wickedness.

It's a little hard to relate, as Billy did say that Proverbs has something a little too similar between chapters. I'm kinda tired right now, but will think more critically tomorrow.

Take care.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:25 am

Yayyyyyyy it's the long weekend! Woohooooooooooo, whad up easterrr ahahaha
yeah so my friend ditched us at school today.. To go to Florida... He's telling me about he went to the beach today while we were here in Canada freezing our butts off... What a bumface Sad

Lol anyways yeah I feel better after getting like 12 hours of solid sleep and more cold meds Smile I basically just watched SCRUBS all day and ate chocolate. It was AWESOME Very Happy

Yes so the whole chapter was about WISDOM!!!
I really love this chapter ~
it talks about how important it is to be wise and how we can live much better lives with wisdom.
With God's wisdom we can do things that pleases the Lord, have good judgment, and a whole lot of other stuff!
I pray that all of us will grow up, as wise sons and daughters of God Smile let God's wisdom guide our lives and every action/decision made in it~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:25 am

Hey guys, hope you are all ready for practice tomorrow
Just a little side note,
I noticed many of you guys are getting similar stuff to everyone else but don't just write I got the same as so and so
There can be many messages interpreted by reading the bible and if you are having trouble finding various messages, always try reading a different version. And if that fails, try to elaborate more on what you got. Your devo doesn't just end with "I got the same and so and so"
I understand that the chapters are getting a little repetitive but there's always something new in the word for us that we can apply to our lives or that we can gain for better knowledge guys.

Onto what I got

17 I love those who love me,
and those who seek me find me.

This is really simple and succint but I thought it spoke a lot. A lot of times during our Christian walk, we often feel lost or we feel that God's presence isn't there. Maybe especially if we're going through a rough patch. But this verse made me realize that the reason as to why we don't feel God's presence is that we truly haven't been making that effort to seek him, to know him. "Those who seek me find me" If we truly open our eyes and open our hearts, I believe that we can find God and God will let us know his presence when he feels the time is right like Moses had shared.

Haha Just a little something that I thought would be great for our team to remember.
I understand some of you guys have been through rough weeks lately, but always try to seek God no matter how hard things get because our God is the one that we can rely on the best.

That's it
See you guys tomorrow
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:30 am

Hey guys. Sorry for not posting... i guess it didn't get through?
The cee lo green songs bass line in the bridge is awesome
and Maroon 5 is a great band!

This chapter said a whole lot about being wise. I think it's important to be wise about what we do. This chapter explains how through wisdom, we may achieve knowledge, discretion, and other virtues that are important. And then it says that if we have the basic traits and characteristics that make us a good person, we will receive bonuses like wealth and glory. This chapter says it all. If we embrace wisdom, other traits and gifts will follow. If we are not wise, why would we even deserve the characteristics that make a headstrong person? If we are wise, goods follow.
32-36 "So, my dear friends, listen carefully;
those who embrace these my ways are most blessed.
Mark a life of discipline and live wisely;
don't squander your precious life.
Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me,
awake and ready for me each morning,
alert and responsive as I start my day's work.
When you find me, you find life, real life,
to say nothing of God's good pleasure.
But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul;
when you reject me, you're flirting with death."
Those verses summarize everything I would tell you. Being wise can be practical. We should always discipline ourselves and always yearn towards being the best we can.

Sorry if its a little shallow, but there's not much to add to a step by procedural writing from the bible. The reason I find Proverbs hard to relate or do devo's on is because it already tells us what to do and how to do it. I usually base my devo's on how to follow advice or try to live as a Christian, but Proverbs is pretty straightfoward and there's not much to elaborate on, so forgive me if my devo's seem shallow. I'm trying my hardest to learn what I can from the verses. Good Night guys!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:37 am

WOOOHOOO its easter break ish! Very Happy
im so excited to sleep in tmrr!!!!! ooooommmmmmmmmyyygooodness ahaha ive been working so hard this week and the last week and the last! sheeeesh!
anywhooo onto my devo!
1 Listen as Wisdom calls out!
Hear as understanding raises her voice!
2 On the hilltop along the road,
she takes her stand at the crossroads.
i liked these verses because it shows how yes, God does give us choices, but you may be like, if he knows how dumb we are compared to him, wouldnt it be unfair for him to give us such a big decision to make all on our own without guidance? most likely well pick the wrong choice. However, in these verses, its saying how God places wisdom at a cross road (the choice/decision) so that it may guide us to make the right decision in his eyes, but we still have the choice to make a different one rather than god's prefered one. But becuase of this, this shows that God is ALWAYS there for us, he does his best to lead us in the right direction, but it's our choice to listen to him and take action on it because the right choice isnt always the easiest.
Also, keep in mind that God isn't trying to trick us. He doesnt set up an elaborate plan just to make it harder for us to get into heaven. no, he is simply giving us the gift of choice, and we should appreciate this, and grasp his guidance and wisdom.
my brothers home! Smile
night guys! <3
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:36 am

Hey guys, I came back really late today sorry for doing it soo late...

12 “I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence;
I possess knowledge and discretion.
13 To fear the LORD is to hate evil;
I hate pride and arrogance,
evil behavior and perverse speech.

I really liked these verses. I liked how the bible gives wisdom a character. and once again
fearing the LORD, that really catches my eyes every time... This chapter talks about being wise
and kinda similar to the last few chapters. But the moral of this chapter is the same just spoken
in a different way.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Didn't work yesterday so I'm posting now.

10 Choose my instruction rather than silver,
and knowledge rather than pure gold.
11 For wisdom is far more valuable than rubies.
Nothing you desire can compare with it.

A lot of times, you see people doing something other than gaining knowledge, as I've said before, drifting toward being more materialistic. But in the long run, knowledge is going to help you a thousand times more than those things will.

13 All who fear the Lord will hate evil....
There's so many different ways people tell us to have a relationship with God. Love him as a father, treat him like your best friend, be scared of him, bow down to him like a king and I don't know about you guys but it's kind of confusing. Anyway, I think the way they use 'fear' in this verse is, to feel awe-some and know what he's capable of.

okay, that's all.
see you guys today
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down