Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proberbs 4 April 16th

5 posters

Go down

Proberbs 4 April 16th Empty Proberbs 4 April 16th

Post  Kevin Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:34 pm

nom
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Proberbs 4 April 16th Empty Re: Proberbs 4 April 16th

Post  josephpaik Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:22 pm

So much memorizing for confirmation!

Proverbs 4
4 he taught me and said,
"Lay hold of my words with all your heart;
keep my commands and you will live.

In this whole chapter, i thought this verse was really important to me because it shows that everything we do was already taught by Christ and that everything we do SHOULD be for Chris. The things he taught us will come in handy to spread his word. He taught us each of our gifts that we have right now and we should use that gift to really spread Gods word and worship him. God saved us by giving up his one and only son and the least we can do is live by his commands and hold his words in our hearts so that we may be accepted into his kingdom by faith.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:04 am

Hey guys... I was kinda tired during practice because I just came back from a school trip, so if my performance was kinda low, i'll make up for it tomorrow!

16-17 Evil people are restless unless they're making trouble;
They can't get a good night's sleep unless they've made life miserable for somebody.
Perversity is their food and drink, violence their drug of choice.

A lot of proverbs is telling us what to do, but I like this verse because it tells us what not to be. This verse tells us who not to be, and who it's good to avoid. Other verses tell us how to be proper in light of God. We should follow the 10 commandments, accept advice from the Proverbs, but if you can't follow them perfectly, try to avoid being the evil people. We should always go out of our ways to do good, but if that is too hard, we should try not to go out of our ways to do bad. There are lots of bad things with being associated with evil people too. We are judged by the company we keep and they can influence us. My point is that if we are to do good, we must first avoid evil, and even if we can not be good, we should always avoid evil.

Good night Guys!

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:11 am

26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;
stay on the safe path.

I just want to share what I got from this verse! It may not be right but here's my thoughts. This verse states pretty much that we choose our paths in our course of life. It doesn't say that God makes our path. We are the ones who do it and the way we live life is up to us. It's up to us to choose the right path so that made me think, if we choose where we walk, where does God come into this? I sort of figured that we choose our paths, but God helps us STAY on that right path that we choose and helps us not to stray away from hindrances. I think that this is possible if we really desire and choose to stay close to our christian walk with God!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:21 am

SOOOOOO im doing an all nighter tonight to finish my english summative..... im not smart. i shuda started earlier. but whatevva whats done is done! gotta get workin!
20 My child, pay attention to what I say.
Listen carefully to my words.
21 Don’t lose sight of them.
Let them penetrate deep into your heart,
22 for they bring life to those who find them,
and healing to their whole body.

23 Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life.
You heart is the home of the holy spirit, there, you should put all of God's word into. you heart is what keeps you alive, just like how god's word keeps us alive as well. if they are in your heart, and you dont let anyone change it or change you, then it will heal you when youre hurt and encourage you when youre down! if the word is in your heart, the core of your being, it will change your life in a good way, itll change the way you act and the way you live your life. sooooo yeah! this is key!
see you guys tomorrowwww
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:19 am

Hope you guys had a good practice!
Anyway,

I didn't really get a specific verse for this chapter but I did notice that parents can use this to make you do everything you didn't want to do. LOL.
okay, other than that, I basically got that you need knowledge, and to listen to the teachings because they will be your guide to getting to heaven and leading a righteous life.

Alright, sorry that was so short! I'll see you guys tomorrow!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down