Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apr 10

+2
DunNo
jennifer
6 posters

Go down

Apr 10 Empty Apr 10

Post  jennifer Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:49 pm

I learned that we are the sheep, as God is the sheppard. We neeed him, no matter how much we htink we can do it on our own, that we can lead oursleves. we find that well get terribly lost after we wander off because we arent' all knowing as God is. Moses explained the love that the shepard has for the sheep that he knew each sheeps baah by heart and compared it to the love that God has for us. and God has even more love for us. today's sermon was heart warming Smile we need to lean on God more, put our trust and faith in him because he is going to be there for us always. I love you
night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Apr 10 Empty Re: Apr 10

Post  DunNo Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:11 pm

In this chapter, Jesus gives a really strong parable about what we are to Jesus. To God, we are not much. We sin and on our walks with God, we always get lost, but Jesus decided to be our shepherd. With Jesus, we're no longer without direction and we have someone to follow. Without him, we're dead like the sheep without a shepherd, but he is always there to protect us and guard us from surrounding predators and to lead us. I think that he really wants us to follow him because otherwise, he wouldn't bother to lead us, nor protect us. It's a privilege to be able to have Jesus as our leader, and since will is for us to follow, I think we should always try to depend on him and really make him our salvation.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:15 pm

The main thing I got was that Jesus is our shepard and we are His sheep. He tends to all of our needs, protects us, loves us, watches over us and is always leading our way Smile
I also got that we do not have to be leaders ALL the time! Sometimes we need to just sit back and follow.

Hope you all had a good day and have a good week!! Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Hey guys! Ensemble rehearsal went pretty well, blazing through a bunch of tunes in 2 hours. Was great to have fun, especially with the good weather. I still am pretty mad because I waited for the 53 (Steeles Ave East) bus for half an hour... sigh, oh well. I used my time wisely, I hope! Smile

I'd hate to repeat a bunch of stuff, so here's what I also felt.

Something to recall is that from far away, sheep look pure white, but when closely examined, they're filed with dirt, mud, and all sorts of other disgusting things... and that sheep are also dumb. Remember that Moses did mention that like the sheep, we do fall into these characteristics. Some people might see others as living good lives while theirs might be in peril (something to consider: appearance vs. reality), but in reality this isn't the case. A lot of the times people are good at hiding many of their struggles from others. And when we, or especially God, examine ourselves, then we notice that we're filled with all this dirt and we need to rely on our shepherd for direction.

Take care guys. God bless and let's keep our faith strong! Smile

Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:36 am

looks like you guys said it all, aha. well,
I learned that we are sheep and God is our shepard. I learned that it's not ALWAYS good to be a leader because eventually, we will need followers for the leaders that were already made. Also, I found it interesting how Moses spoke more about us as sheep than how God left his whole herd just to find one missing sheep.

okay, that's it! (:
have a good week, guys!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:34 am

Hey guys, Came back from a REALLY long shift today. I honestly think today's sermon was like SOOO Good. One thing is This was my last devo on friday... It's something I shared from the bottom of my heart and Moses said it all. I shared it on one of the randoms in the forum also. Luke Chapter 15, The parable of the Lost sheep. remember, We get lost and the Shepard finds us. There's sooo much I can say about this.... I cant even explain how powerful this parable is and how important it is to realize that it isnt God that loses us, it's US that loses him. We often have this conception that God isnt there when we need him to most. It's anger and our sins that blinds us to see God. I think when I was doing my devo, I forgot to say that we're stupid. Sheeps are colour blind and also their sight range is only up to 4 meters. That just goes on to show that we are Blind. We can only see so far. And even if bad things happen, or we end up getting hurt, That's our fault for being stupid but it's the Shepard that takes care of all the wounds and injuries. Iunno how to word it in other ways. The sermon that Moses shared today with us is EXACTLY what I shared and to be honest, I'm quite surprised no body noticed that actually aha
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: