Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 3rd

+3
Grace
julian
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

April 3rd Empty April 3rd

Post  Kevin Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Wag1
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

April 3rd Empty Re: April 3rd

Post  julian Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Hey guys, have around 2 hours before I head off to a rehearsal tonight. Today went really well, I think, and I sure heard a lot of singing today compared to the weeks before. I was really surprised actually. Prayer definitely works. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. Amen!

The main message we got from Moses was about seeing things. Really, are our eyes open? When we don't see, we have to rely on our other senses, which can be pretty difficult. If you didn't see anything, I don't know how things such as appearance could be important; rather, they'd be trivial. He also talked about how when blind people also see, they enter into a completely new world because it's just totally new. The example he used was when the blind person in the video just saw and wasn't able to understand anything - why? Because the way he lived his life before was meaningless until that very moment. He didn't know how to distinguish person from person.. it was so strange.

It made me think about what we see can definitely impact our lives. The moment that Adam and Eve ate from the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, we became sinned for all eternity, breaking God's command.

If anything else comes to mind, I'll definitely write it out. Take care guys, get some rest (hence the Sabbath day Very Happy), and God bless!

- Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:24 pm

I basically got the same thing as Julian.
All about "sight"
Our eyes were opened when Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge. Imagine how different our lives would be if they never ate the fruit.. but if that was the case, we probably wouldnt have a care in the world because we would always be happy, living with God everyday, spending time with him all the time.
But in present day, as Christians, God has opened up our eyes to see the spiritual things in this world.
We see how others suffer, and how they need God's help, how they need to be introduced to God so that they may be taken our of their sufferings~

Gahhhh, i dont want to go to school tomorrow....ah well..... Razz
hope everyone had a good day, and it was good seeing all of you~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 pm

We sounded sick yeeeee 8=D
i was so happy i didnt crack........ -_-

Well basically Moses talked about how our eyes were opened as soon as Eve took a bite out of the fruit of knowlege of good and evil. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to not be able to see and to just walk around butt naked without a care in teh world. It would be pretty cool. In the movie scene that Moses shwoed us, it showed that when the guy was first able to see, there were lights everywhere and blurry figures and it was hurting him while he didnt know what was going on. This is like us, if Eve hadnt ate the fruit, we would be like a blind person, not knowing anything but as soon as Eve took a bite from the fruit it was like a blind man was given sight.

thats all i got Very Happy
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:45 pm

what i got from today's sermon was that sometimes seeing isnt all that it's thought to be. maybe you yearn to "have your eyes opened" but once you have them opened, you might not like what you have. there are two examples he showed to us about this. there was adam and eve having their eyes opened from eating from the forbidden tree, and there is the one where the man waas blind for his whole life and had his sight come back from a doctors experimental surgery! i think what i got from the sermon was that we should be happy with what we have because wanting something we dont know about can be dangerous. i also learned that once your eyes have been opened, there are even more things to worry about and handle. like once adam and eve ate the fruit from the tree, they had shame and more knowledge than they used to have while before their lives were mostly surrounded by God. The man who was cured of blindness had to worry about the constant moving figures that he didnt know were around him.
yeahh thats what i got! nighhtt
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:57 am

Hey guys
I pretty much got stuff really similar to you guys so I won't repeat every single bit of it.
God opened our eyes and I believe that just like the guy in the video, we'd be completely lost but I believe that God was there to watch over us and help us cope to the new ability to "see". God is our Shepperd and he watches over us when we stray off.

Yeah
S'what I got!
Have a greaet week
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:12 am

Okay, it seems like you guys understood the sermon pretty well...
I didn't.
It was a little confusing, actually.
I didn't get if being able to see is good or bad.
and even though you guys all wrote about seeing, you all kind of wrote different things.
idk.
I DID get that it was about seeing and God making us see but after that, I was kind of lost.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep!
Hope you all have a fantastic week! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:22 am

Herro People. I haven't posted for awhile aha, MOST of you guys are consistent with your devos lol....

Today's devo was really interesting. Actually, if you think about it, we talk about how blind we've become. We talk about how our sins blinds us to see God and blinds us to see righteousness but in the this case. Being blind is what was good for us. Then as soon we opened our eyes, we begin to see all the imperfections that weren't there before. That's weird, we're able to see and blind at the same time. That just goes to show how imperfect we are, we don't even know what we are. Just like how there is a duality between our visions, there's always a duality between sin and God. Iunno if it's only me, but this sermon just made me feel USELESS??? that's probably not the best way to describe how I feel but it's somewhere along the lines like that. Sometimes I just wonder why God decided to even put the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil. But He only put it there cuz he wanted us to have free will and be able to make decisions for our own. You can't even begin to imagine the disappointed that God is going through. For example, when I first taught my Dog a trick, I would make him to it over and over again until he knows it off by heart, and I would get SOOO disappointed if he decides not to listen to me after. God CREATED us and RAISED us and for us to just leave him and betray him must hurt sooo much. He gave us the freedom to do anything but ONE THING but we decided to break it just like how we break God's heart. iunno guys, I'm kinda disappointed no lie. And to be honest, I could actually apply this to my life cuz that's what I've been doing to God for all my life and it hasn't been getting better...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down