Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 12

+4
julian
josephpaik
jennifer
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Romans 12 Empty Romans 12

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:45 pm

asd
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Romans 12 Empty Re: Romans 12

Post  jennifer Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:54 pm

sorry i didnt do devos yesterday!!
i totally forgot for the whole day and then i realized that i didnt do it when i was in bed at like 1230 and my parents werent in a good mood last night so if they caught me turning on the computer "that late" then they would flip :S
well! i guess ill do my devo now aha tongue
5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
I liked this passage because it tells us that we Christians work as members of one body, each of us having a different role or talent or gift that God has bestowed upon us so we could use it for his glory. Although he gave us a choice whether to use that gift or not and whether or not we should use it for Him or for anything else, its exciting to think that he has given each of us a gift that we are exceptional at. I dont think ive found mine yet but i pray that i will soon! it would make life a lot easier and more excited i think hehe Smile It also excites me because if i find my true gift, ill love doing it, and it is what God had meant for me to do, so ill be doing what i love and what i do best for Jesus cheers yay
i also liked this because if we are Christians, we will always have "the other parts of our body" to support us and give us guidance and we will always have God, no matter how hard it is to "offer our bodies as a living sacrifice"
20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[e]
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I think that this is one of the hardest things to do, evverrrr. i dont get mad very easily, but whenever i do get mad at someone who had wronged me, it's hard for me to let that go because i am REAAALLLY stubborn haha. If it's hard to forgive them, how hard would it be for me to act with hospitality towards them as well?!? But i think that if people do try to act like this, that their curiousity would be sparked as to how much love that this person has in them and for others. and this curiousity might lead them to asking or finding out what this person does, and when they find out that the Lord is the source of this overwhelming lovee, who woulnd't want a bit of that? I dont know if my logic makes sense, but yeah thats how i think of it. haha
I remember Sam or someone talking about this verse and saying that the enemy will never learn or something? i dont remember!! but i remember thinking it was soooooo smart! anyone remind me? Razz
anywhoo! i hope yall have a great tomorrow! byee I love you
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Romans 12

so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his† faith.
If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach;

To me, this meant that everyone is born with a gift. And with THAT GIFT you should use it to glorify God. Even if your gift is to play basketball. Don't just play basketball for the heck of it and the fun. Play for God. Having the gift of playing basketball is no different from having the gift of spreading the gospel because you can teach others God faith with anything that you do. Even drinking a glass of milk. So if you are to find your gift, i hope that you can use it to glorify God. I know that as soon as i find MY gift, i will use it to help glorify Gods name to the best of my abilities.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:20 am

Romans 12 it is...

First calculus test tomorrow - really nervous, ahhahahahahah.

It contains one of my most favourite passages.... and I guess you might find out.

Verse 2 is one of the few verses I love to remember and to always share - Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing, and perfect will.'

I remember back at leadership that we followed a little bit in with this verse one time. The main thing that always speaks to me in this passage is DIRECTION. Are we pointed to God, or to what everyone else says? Our lives are affected by direction - if we're pointed to God, we should live with God in our everyday lives, praising him all the time, but if we're pointed to the world, then we're just praising human works and nothing more. It's my daily reminder - to show that it should be really God that we be pointed towards.

A lot of the section is something I really need to emphasize:
Verse ten and eleven : 'Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honour one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervour, serving the Lord.'

I guess this is just some words of encouragement we could use as a team! Smile

Verse 21 will be something to pray about today.

Later,

Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:03 am

To me, this chapter of the bible is one of the most important and it speaks out the most to me.
In the first half of the chapter, it explains how we are the living sacrifice and how we are one under God. This chapter tells me personally, to do the best I can in everything, because it will not only benefit me, or those around me, but the whole body of Christ. Verse 6 says to use our personal gifts and talents in proportion to our faith, so it also says that I should do it for God and always do it to further glorify God's name. It also implies that we should be independent from each other while also being whole, and use our different skills and abilities to glorify God. I remember that one time Dan explained that during praise, we shouldn't hold back because it might seem show-offish, but he explained how if we are doing it solely for the purpose of praise, then we should use our abilities to the fullest extent and use that ability to praise God.

The second half really spoke out to me about humility. In verse 16 it says that we should not be proud, but try to humble ourselves down to a lower level, and I completely agree with that. As part of the praise team, I find it hard to just swallow my pride and humble myself to God sometimes, but this verse explains how important it is to sink down below others, so that I can like "push" them towards god and not just lead them, to be a servant rather than a leader. Later in the chapter, it explains how we should not seek revenge but make friends and live in harmony. I think that also relates to how we should be one body of Christ and use our gifts given us to glorify god.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:33 am

1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him

Let them be a living and holy sacrifice, this verse reminded me that we truly need to offer up our bodies as a living sacrifice. We should really dedicate our bodies for our God and not for the other sins that our world has to offer up for us. But we should keep our bodies clean for God resides in our bodies and uses it as his temple.

5 so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.

We are parts of ONE body. This verse really reminded me that we are all our own people, we all go to our own church, but at the end of the day, all of us are just one huge body of christ. A church isn't a building, it's a community where we all come as one to worship our father. Every single one of us are part of the greatest, biggest church, the body of Christ. But only because of Jesus had done are we able to be what we are.

7 If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. 8 If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.

God gave each and every one of us gifts. Some people have been blessed to be able to join praise team, but others have definitely been blessed for the other talents that they have to use for Christ. Even though we may be not good at somethings, don't be discouraged because God always has something in store for us to do. Whether it's the little things or the big things, It's all for God. It's all about God.

21 Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

This verse is a HUGE reminder for our every day lives. There's always gonna be temptations where we are going to want to commit evil but that's not something Jesus would do. Conquer evil by doing good.... What I think this means is that don't give in to what Satan wants. He WANTS you to be angry and commit all sorts of evil sins but doing the right things especially when you WANT to do the wrong things, defeats satan and shuts him out.

That's what I got from today, See you guys Friday!
Enjoy the rest of your weeks Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:34 am

16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.
With all the positions of power all around us, bosses, managers, company owners, etc, it's hard not to let the power get to your head. You're rich and possibly famous.
Jesus, who performed miracles, walked on water, preached God's message and died for our sins, was humble enough to wash the feet of his disciples.
He ate with the prostitutes, tax collectors, (I believe) the lepers, etc. He never bragged or looked down upon anyone. Rather, he humbled himself and treated everyone fairly and equally.
That's how he spent his life.
Yet, here we are, we hunt, kill, steal, disrespect and look down upon others based on their age, looks, sexuality, ethnicity and religion.
If not even the son of God did these things, what gives us the right?

I remember reading something at one point, and I think the woman who said this is completely right.
She was talking about how she was trying to have dinner with her children and grandchildren. Everyone went to eat at the table except for the two youngest granddaughters. She called them countless times but no answer. Finally, she left the kitchen, went over to the children (who were playing with their dolls) and 'got down low' (humbled means to be brought down low) on her knees and looked at them. When she had their attention, she asked them, "Did you hear me calling you for dinner?" and they just shook their heads. She got them up and basically, after all that trouble that she had to go through, she took them into the kitchen and they all ate.

Why did I share that? She goes on to say, 'I realized that this is exactly what Jesus did for me'. He calls for us to come to him but most of the time, we're so caught up in our lives that we don't even hear him. Jesus came down to earth and became one of us so he could get our attention and take us with him to the feast prepared for us in Heaven.

20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
This is something I'll have to remember. I mean, I know this is the right thing to do and we already knew that but it's difficult and I think everyone knows that.
I guess, we have to 'forgive and forget' / 'kill 'em with kindness' if you guys have heard that before. Hahaha
Basically, I find myself struggling with this often but I know there's a reason for the things God puts us through.

All in all, this chapter reminded me of this passage:
John 8:7-9
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.

Sorry that was so long, guys. Hahahaa (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:40 am

I absolutely loveeeeee this chapter! I got so many different messages<

First of all, teamwork! Teamwork is so important, we are all parts that make up the whole body, and we must all work together, encourage eachother, love eachother and help eachother when one of us struggles because everyone is a precious part of this team, and when one of us is having a hard time, we all are affected~

second is HUMILITY... I can't stress how important humility really is when it comes to christianity, pride will get you NO WHERE!! Trust me, God can do some pretty intense things to get you back on track. Always serve others and stay humble. You will be rewarded in the end of it all and we need to remember that we're never perfect without God in the spotlight~

And lastly it concerns our spiritual gifts. Like Kevin said, we were ALL blessed with spiritual gifts, everyone has atleast one. But like i said so many times before... God gave them to us for a reason an we need to practice and improve them. Don't ever abuse those gifts because God can take them away just as fast he gave them to you. God reveals our gifts to us in such miraculous ways! And it amazing what he does through us, using those gifts. I came to realize and was told by my mentor that gifts are intergrated into our personalities... It's all there in our character, yet it's so hard to realize that it's ou spiritual gift because sometimes it's just so obvious. You don't have to have extreme gifts like healing, speaking in tongues and etc, cause no matter what we have is suitable to only US in certain combinations that was uniquly put together by God, and each gift can make just a big an impact on the world around us. So exercise your gifts and use them for God's glory <3
each and every one of you are so talented and have such great potential as leaders in the church! God gave us an incredible opportunity to lead HIS people!!! Let's make the most of it while we have the chance Smile

Love you guysssss! I love you
have a safe week Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:12 am

Hey guys, Arg, I really need to quite my job...

1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.

This verse really spoke to me today. Many people ask what Worship means, Saya says that to worship means to call onto God. But in romans, it means to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice. So basically Worshiping should be our lifestyle. We should know that everything we do, we do it for God. whether if it's eating good food or praying, it's for God. Don't get the wrong idea, when we are doing drugs and partying all the time, of course that's not really worshiping God. To offer our bodies as a living sacrifice means to take action instead of just saying we worship you. To take action in what's right in God's eyes.

3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others

These verses basically talks about how we are all equal. we are all the same in God's eyes. we can't judge others when we are the same in God's eyes, because in the end, God's opinion is the only opinion that matters. If anything, if we judge, we are just bringing ourselves down. We will be judged for judging others so iunno, i don't think that's the best thing to do.

that'st basically what I got from this chapter.

Pce niggas
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down