Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess no one has started yet, so I'll take the initiative...

5 posters

Go down

I guess no one has started yet, so I'll take the initiative... Empty I guess no one has started yet, so I'll take the initiative...

Post  Roh Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:17 pm

Last chapter of Philippians!
This book has gone by pretty fast, but I'd have to say that the last two letters of Paul have been refreshing and good for me.

And I like how it ends:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."

This goes back to what I said a couple weeks ago. Take whatever you learn from our devotions and practise it! Go out there, and show people that God's told you to rejoice in everything. That he wants you to be gentle in everything.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

This is a pretty famous verse. And I like how relaxed Paul is. He probably had tons of more problems that we have. He was in jail! His life was at stake, and he had the whole Christian world on his shoulders. Yet, he maintained composure and was peaceful. How did he achieve that peace? He had faith that if he prayed about his problems, God would somehow take care of them. And I believe in the power of prayer. Sometimes, God doesn't solve our problems in our favour, but if you look at it from the bigger picture, he does. It is all for us.

So in everything, pray! Remember that God is near, he is listening.

Roh

ps. Remember to check your emails and start GENESIS tmrw!
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I guess no one has started yet, so I'll take the initiative... Empty Re: I guess no one has started yet, so I'll take the initiative...

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:22 pm

:oI did mine first;)
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

I guess no one has started yet, so I'll take the initiative... Empty Re: I guess no one has started yet, so I'll take the initiative...

Post  Roh Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:22 pm

whatever, i took too long pondering on what i was writing

Basketball
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:35 am

Oh good gosh, you know what I just realized this very second. That hundreds of lucky fans are at this very minute listening to the deliciously dorky live sounds of Weezer, as I sit at home. On my butt....listening to the soundtrack of our latest set list so it ain't so bad at all Smile Hahaha.

PHILIPPIANS 4

I usually mark up and underline verses that I like in my bible, and I opened up today's chapter, and like, every other line was basically underlined. Hahaha. So I suppose at some point I took a good liking to this chapter and reading through it again today gave me a refresher as to why. Ye-ah.

v.6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
I often think about this verse when the going gets tough because it helps bring me back to base. Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in trying to navigate our lives all by ourselves, and I find that in those instances where your "independent navigating" has dug you into a hole, our pride makes it that much harder to present our anxieties to our Father. But this verse reminds me that God not only is willing to listen, but wants to listen, wants to see us talking to Him first with all our sorrows and joys. What I also like about this verse is that, the second half doesn't offer a promise of easy resolution, if you know what I mean. It doesn't imply that our presenting of our requests to God will suddenly undo what's been done, but rather offers something that's much greater, the peace of God. And I really appreciate that.

v.8 "...Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."
There is so much right and beautiful about this world, and yet we live in a time where the good goes drastically unnoticed compared to the bad. And it takes us the witnessing of the odd awe-inspiring sunset or vastness of an ocean to remind us of what kind of a mighty God it is that we serve - I do it all the time. But this verse encourages me to consistently take a more conscious look around because even in what appears to be my "regular" life, God is always working and I have so much to be thankful for that I just don't often recognize.

v.12 "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
This is an inspiring verse and I think all our hopes should be to one day attain this state of whole-hearted reliance and trust in God. Perhaps for some of you, you've already achieved it, I don't know that, but for me, in any case, it's certainly something great to work towards.

Hope everyone has fantastic wen-s-de-i-s Smile
halfway through the week. it's October tomorrow. Goodness. Gracious.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:38 am

Good evening ladies and gents

So I really needed this passage because I have the tendency to be really anal and obsessive and constantly worrying about something really insignificant and ridiculous. i like. lose sleep over stupid stuff
And I guess a big part of that is me being pessimistic and kinda focusing on the bad side of life.
But Paul urges,
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Its no good filling our minds with worries, with flaws we see in other people, with sinful ideas, etc. Because everything goes from the inside out so we might think we're all sly but it does come out, and we'll be all gross and rotten inside.
But instead we should be trying to fill our minds with pure and holy things; that will help us have peace and be more joyful in the Lord. We all have really good days and really bad days, but as Christians, we have the gift of the peace of Chrsit. Even if really crappy things are happening around us and to us, God can comfort us through his love and the strength that he gives us. Paul is a great example of this, becuase he went through a lot of suffering, and yet he says,I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
I think im really gonna try to model myself after Paul. Im not gonna let myself dwell in stupid things or feel sorry for myself cause I find that those are all easy ways to stay moody and grumpy just cuase we're too lazy to do anything about it.
And if you think about it thats pretty stupid becuase if we try - we pray and ask God for his peace, we receive it and we are lifted from our burdens.
Man God rocks.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:42 am

im glad we are all getting a lot out of this chapter. koodos to who ever picked it! Everyone like my avatar? its sexy i know...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:43 am

Yes Billy
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down