Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ephesians 5

+2
Kevin
Grace
6 posters

Go down

Ephesians 5 Empty Ephesians 5

Post  Grace Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:48 pm

todays chapter was really good Smile lots of awesome versesss ~

1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
LOVED this verse.. for some reason i feel like someone read this to me once.. but i cant remmeber know and when... hmmm... frusterating.. haha but yes. very strong verse !

15Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. my friend would always use this quotation "expect nothing, be grateful for everything" i find that really applies here. We shouldnt expect big rewards back like money and other riches... because in the end the ultimate reward is that we get to spend eternity with God! And be grateful for everything. Everyday is a blessing, what we have a lot of other people dont. I complain when something doesnt go my way, its like what pastor John shared with us. When things dont go exactly as planned, when God's plan is different from yours, its good to accept it and to glorify God's name through that. We should be thankful and so grateful for like numerous things!! We are so much more blessed than we know ~

21Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
we should all be accountable for eachother. We are all responsible for eachother as brothers and sisters in Christ. We need to be able to pick up and help those who are lacking more than others. We need to help eachother stay on track and grow in God. We are a community, and one church. Its like what Pastor Sam said "Why is it that when people struggle.. the community pretends like they dont know whats going on?" We shouldnt be like thattt .
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Ephesians 5 Empty Re: Ephesians 5

Post  Kevin Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:50 pm

11 Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them.

I thoght about tihs verse and it made lots of sense.
There will always be so many ttemptations bringing us away from God
and the verse simply says don't have any involvement in them.

it shows alot about how to live our lives.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:07 am

korea got disqualified for the 3000....
china has gold, canada? got silver, and AMERICA made it for bronze.... cause "we played dirty"

but the bright sideeeee ,

CANADA WON HOCKEY AGAINST RUSSIA 7-3 !!!! woot woot ~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:35 am

"In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body"

haha ofcourse, cathy pak would post about this Razz
haha no im joking i actually really respect these verses about the relationship between husband and wives. i just think that we have to be careful with how we use it. 'submitting to your husband' sounds really bad. but when you read everything else it makes it clear that we're submitting to somehow who loves you so much, who respects you, tries to challenge you and make you holier. and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that Smile

my mom's kinda on and off christian, and we usually dont talk about prayer or God.. but the one time she will ALWAYS remind me to pray is when we're talking about boyfriends and future husbands. she always reminds me to pray that God has someone amazing in store for me.. At first i laughed every time and i was like 'silly mommy'. but why WOULDNT you pray about that? we pray about the stupidest things like.. 'God please help me pass this test' and 'God please make the bus come sooner im cold'. So then it makes so much sense to pray about our future spouse.
As stupid as it seems, it's never too early to pray about the person we're going to spend the rest of our lives with..
hahah i wanna see who everyone ends up with:)
good night everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:46 am

Hello, how are you guyssss
I just finished night school not a boring night actually was "fun" LOL hahah anyways canada beat russia like what grace said that's crazy hehe
So many goals in the first period

Anyways enough with hockey ephesians 5 this chapter talks a lot about how we should always thanks God for what he has done to our life. Although, it can be hard at sometimes praying and thanking God is the best way to grow your walk with christ. Like what pastor John said a guy named steven was getting beat by some people and he was about to die and he got down on his knees and started to pray for the people who were beating him that they were making a mistake. So as a praise team we should thank God for everything what he has done to bring each and one of us to the praise team. Also I don't really pray every single day which is a bad habbit. I will try fixing it.

I have semi tomorrow so I might not post my devo or I will post it really late but I will read the chapter so don't worry sexy have a great dayyy

Be safe 8========D yessss
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 am

So basically today's verse is saying don't be this and don't be that, but if you really dissect it and get to the meat of the verse, you see that it's telling you to think for once, and say to yourself slow down, and think about something before we do it. Our generation is always in such a hurry, and we have a hard time calming down, and think through something. We our so quick to act. We say now, and regret later. Funny how that works...lol

that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:24 am

You hold me now- Hillsong united- Tear down the walls album

sick song, i like the chorus

"16making the most of every opportunity, "
I suck at this the most... i dont take advantage of time and chances. I m too lazy at times and i think thats not good because even with church things...

ive always been troubled by the "wives submit" part of the Bible. I do understand where that comes from, someone in the relationship has to "submit" in order for it to work. To the extremes is debatable. However, that women are born to "submit" is troubling to me...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down